Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Default Argyle Eagles Baseball Undefeated 12-0

Yep......those Argyle Eagles have a terrific baseball team this season for sure. Guess what??? They haven't played a single team below Class 5A yet and have won every single game. I looked at their schedule......and their remaining schedule before the playoffs. Now I usually don't brag about anything Argyle......but going undefeated in baseball playing a tough front-loaded schedule like this year's Eagles team did.......well I'm very impressed to say the least. Now about the rest of their schedule.......it gets much easier!!! They will be playing a few 5A schools and then all the rest will be 4A for the rest of the season. It's very possible that this team could end up undefeated going into the playoffs this season.......that's very tough to do in baseball.......especially playing as many games and the schedule the Eagles play!!! Looks like they have at least 15 games left on the schedule before the playoffs......10 district games. Not sure if they will pick up a few games during Spring Break or not.....if they do, it's not on the schedule. Lots of teams up here in the Metroplex in 5A & 6A will schedule Argyle because they are a highly competitive team. They usually are scheduled in 3 predistrict 5A tournaments......not sure what the rules are regarding how many of these tournaments a team can play. Regardless......they ain't lost a game to any team they've played this season......and have won most of them convincingly. I wonder if there has ever been a team......maybe a Pleasant Grove......go totally undefeated all season in 4A/old 3A baseball??? I know in baseball it's a tough thing to do......can someone check on this??? What's the best baseball record EVER for the season for Class 4A/Old 3A??? I ask because I seriously believe this season's Argyle Eagles have a better than legitimate chance to make it all the way undefeated.....or even with just one loss.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Sweeny Bulldogs are 15-0.....

All-American
    Blog Entries

Didn't those Abilene Wyliedawgs just have an almost undefeated season a couple of years ago when they won back to back titles???
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    Sweeny Bulldogs are 15-0.....
    Yeah.....Sweeny is most definitely a baseball power with a history for sure. Who's gonna be a tough out for them in district play or the playoffs???

All-American
    Blog Entries

Look at this......

2016 Abilene Wylie State Champions.....33-3
    2017 Abilene Wylie State Champions.....36-1

That run was 69-4 for just those two back to back seasons......what a couple of years, Huh? That's impressive!!
    Last edited by regaleagle; 03-11-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Lorena went undefteated beat Sinton in state championship game in extra innings and kept Sinton from winning back to back state titles. Not sure if Sinton pitched Adrian Alaniz that game or in the semi finals but it was Adrain Alaniz senior year.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I did a little investigative research on 4A baseball so far this season. Looks like Sweeny and Argyle are on the whack attack with Godley, Canton, Salado, Robinson, Bridge City, and Pleasant Grove all as viable contenders. Can't leave out Iowa Park, Bushland, and Abilene Wylie......all of these teams appear to be very good. Of course, this is baseball and anything can happen in the playoffs......but these teams all look to be playoff material to me. I'm sure I left out some other formidable teams like Boerne, Fredericksburg, and a few others......I'd say that's a pretty good list right there.

Don’t want to feed the ego but MaxPreps has them ranked in their top 25 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.

All-State

Kudos for the 12-0 start, best wishes the rest of the way unless y'all run into the Rockets.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Kudos for the 12-0 start, best wishes the rest of the way unless y'all run into the Rockets.
    If the Eagles run into the Rockets......that will be a good thing for both teams because that will only happen at the State Tournament. Good Luck to the Rockets the rest of the way and perhaps both teams will meet sometime later this season.........a very good possibility.

Actually Argyle has played at least 1 4a team Melissa.
    1stand10

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    Actually Argyle has played at least 1 4a team Melissa.
    I looked ‘em up, they have played & beaten four 4A teams; Crandall, Melissa, Kaufman and Ft. Worth Benbrook. All the other schools are either 5A or 6A.
    Rockets Never Quit!

They are legit for sure
    1stand10

All-American
    Blog Entries

Now 13-0 with 10 shutouts for the season. 10-run ruled the last 4 teams.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Sweeny finally lost one.....is now 16-1 on the season. Look out for Iowa Park......they have only one loss and have a really good group of returners. I think Abilene Wylie is good again....they just have a good program and are one of the largest schools in 4A.....they are good at all the UIL events. Will be moving up to 5A next season and be good in 5A as well.