Practice Squad

Default So, anybody voting for Dan Patrick. I'm pretty sure they aren't in Carthage.

I'd love to hear your takes on this subject. I'm not trolling.

Blog Entries

I liked him better when he was a regular on Sports Center back in the day.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-State

IF your pro public schools..... it is in your best interest to vote against Patrick in the primary

All-American

Scott Milder, his token opposition in the GOP primary, is at 12 percent in the polls. Once all the public school people became Republicans, they declared that they were chickens voting for Colonel Sanders.

It's too late for them now. There's only one political party in this state and it doesn't support public schools. Get you a voucher and go to a private school the way they want you to.

All-District

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that Carthage is such a property rich school district yet had to have budget cuts this year due to losing our ASTAR money. I just still don't understand the whole thing. I know if you send 11-12 mil per year of your district's tax money away you shouldn't be poor. Oil price is going back up so we will be fine, but this whole deal was a big mess. Like another poster stated, people for the most part are uninformed. Many vote straight republican in this state. Hell I would vote to ban Dan Patrick from the state of Texas. He caused a lot of grief in this little small town.

Quote Originally Posted by wedo View Post
    IF your pro public schools..... it is in your best interest to vote against Patrick in the primary
    True, but sadly---it's the other issues his opponent supports that counters Patrick's public school stance that will give Patrick a 80/20 easy win.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Wish a LEGIT challenger would take this POS (Patrick) out...

Practice Squad

Thanks guys. This helps me going to the polls. He's certainly spending a lot of money on the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by wedo View Post
    What is wrong with this statement?
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Thanks guys. This helps me going to the polls. He's certainly spending a lot of money on the primaries.
    How does this help you?
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Dan Goeb makes my skin crawl.....

All-American

Patrick/Goeb's view is part of a larger trend. The politicians have given up on funding public schools via taxation. The property tax backlash in this state is very powerful. Patrick and Abbott see that and are getting in front of it to lead the tax revolt parade.

They're now going to tell you to seek out wealthy alums and then "pass the hat."

Maybe we can get Jeff Traylor to fund our new high school after the next bond election defeat, but he hasn't reached the Nick Sabanesque compensation level yet.

http://www.businessinsider.com/steve...dangers-2018-2

Schwarzman, who is worth nearly $13 billion according to Forbes, doesn't expect government funding to solve the issue anytime soon, citing growing income inequality and an erosion of the tax base in America.

"The middle class economically has shrunk. The monies aren't there in the same way," Schwarzman said. "I think we have to recognize that and figure out what to do about it."