View Poll Results: Pleasant Grove or WO-S?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pleasant Grove

22 59.46%
  • West Orange-Stark

15 40.54%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebob View Post
    WOS has no idea what kinda buzz saw they are facing...they are different...and...East Texas Speed Kills

Sic 'em PG...Gimmer is with 'ya...two of our three losses tihs year will be to State Champs
    Two funnies:

Somebody saying they don’t have any idea what’s coming.
    East Texas speed kills. Northeast or southeast???

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    I hear this every year, and now I can't decide whether it's sarcasm, a meme, or just entrenched stupidity.

You might want to check a map. You can't get any further east in Texas than Orange. And West Orange is right next door.
    Yup WOS is about as far East and South (on the LA border) and as you can get and, correct me if I'm wrong, but Texarkana is about as far North and East (on the Ark border) as you can get, so please explain to me how "East Texas Speed" even applies here. Carthage is the only East Texas team playing in 4A. This is a South East vs North East match up.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by db1980 View Post
    Two funnies:

Somebody saying they don’t have any idea what’s coming.
    East Texas speed kills. Northeast or southeast???
    Exactly!

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post
    And WOS hasn’t improved as well? We sure aren’t doing those snaps anymore lol. Good luck next week. We tend to do better as the underdog anyway so keep pouring it on.
    I think I counted 8 bad snaps. Luckily WOS has a very athletic quarterback to overcome those mistakes. Someone said the center was intimidated.
    Don't Mess With the CAT

Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
    I think I counted 8 bad snaps. Luckily WOS has a very athletic quarterback to overcome those mistakes. Someone said the center was intimidated.
    And we still won. Your point? I’m rooting for you guys, geez was just hoping for the same.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

All-American

Pleasant Grove is very, very good in all phases of the game. The Hawks have just been dominant all year long. On offense, their line is quick, athletic and strong. The Hawks can throw the ball, and not just when they have to. Their scheme is tough to defend, and they do a great job of disguising what they're going to do. And, if your defense isn't dreaming about how to stop the PG buck sweep, then that play will go for six at least once against you. The PG RBs are quick - although, not blazing fast - and very athletic, but more than that, they are just flat out strong. They're hard to tackle in the open field simply because they are so strong. Defensively, PG's front seven was the best Celina has seen in a long, long, long time - even better than WOS's state champion team in 2015. The defensive line lives in the backfield, and they pursue very well. The LBs flow to the ball about as good as Carthage's unit, and they arrive with a bad attitude. The secondary isn't going to blow you away, but they play so physical, and benefit from that solid front seven so much, that they don't get beat too often. If PG is ever going to win a state championship, this is the year.

BUT ...

This is a tailor-made matchup for WOS. The Mustangs' defense is what it is. They don't get fooled too often, especially by a wing-T based offense, which they see ALL THE TIME. Granted, PG runs some variants out of this scheme that I haven't seen other teams run. But, WOS has the discipline to adapt, and the coach staff to adjust on the fly. The only thing that keeps me from picking WOS by a lot in this one is their offense against PG's defense. I think this will be the best defense the Mustangs have faced all year long. You could say Kennedale is better, and I wouldn't fight you too hard on it, because I'd just be splitting hairs. But, for my dollar, I'd say PG's defense is slightly ahead of the Wildcats'. I think PG's front seven will make life very difficult for the WOS offense, and I could see this being a very low-scoring game. Honestly, I could see both teams scoring under 20 points.

Defense wins championships. And both of these teams have two of the top defenses in ALL of 4A. So ... who knows what is going to happen. As of today, I'm going with WOS, because history has shown they just flat out suffocate teams who run the wing-T or any variations thereof.

Give me the Mustangs by 1.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

It should worry WOS that Tepper picked them to win. He went with Graham last week. Also went with Gilmer over Melissa.

I think these two defenses are so good the score could be 17-14 either way.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

[QUOTE=Aesculus gilmus;1938018]It should worry WOS that Tepper picked them to win. He went with Graham last week. Also went with Gilmer over Melissa.[/QUOTE
    FSSW
    Last edited by Gsquared; 12-18-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsquared View Post
    To Tepper's defense, he doesn't attend games so he is kind of having to throw out a guess on what he sees on paper and highlights
    In your defense, you might not be sober when attending or making picks!
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

Quote Originally Posted by oldtownag View Post
    In your defense, you might not be sober when attending or making picks!
    Hahahaha, you may or may not be correct with that statement!
    Last edited by Gsquared; 12-18-2017 at 11:18 AM.

and I should have worded my reply "Tepper doesn't attend games because of his FSSW commitment on Fridays".

Quote Originally Posted by Gsquared View Post
    and I should have worded my reply "Tepper doesn't attend games because of his FSSW commitment on Fridays".
    I think you are just a little jealous of his position and fame... you would trade for it in a minute... He covers all the games... does a great job considering that......
    Go Steers!

All-State

I’m just wondering if WOS is gonna use our football again this year during the SC game.
    Rockets Never Quit!