View Poll Results: Pleasant Grove or WO-S?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pleasant Grove

22 59.46%
  • West Orange-Stark

15 40.54%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Pleasant Grove (15-0) vs West Orange-Stark (13-0) 2017 4A D2 State Championship

Might as well get this started. This will be Pleasant Grove’s first ever appearance in the State Finals after a dominating season to date. WO-S will be making their fourth straight appearance in the finals, winning the last two, with a 40 game win streak and 17 game playoff game win streak on the line. WO-S has again gotten to this point with their stifling defense. PG has gotten here with a dominating Wing-T offense that has yet to be even close to stopped. Who takes home the hardware?

The game is 3pm December 22nd Friday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

To be the best you got to beat the best.... and I am keeping my word on this.. Pleasant Grove beats WOS and becomes the best... They win the state championship Friday at Jerry World...

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

All-American

Not that most of us didn't know all about WOS already, but this article gives an in-depth looking at the larger community from the perspective of Earl Thomas. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...d-orange-texas

I don't think WOS can actually beat Pleasant Grove, but that's because I am constantly reading from the Texarkana posters how they are the greatest team ever. Their arrogance is beginning to rub off on me.

Plus, since Gilmer came closer than anyone to beating Pleasant Grove, it'd make us look good if they win.

Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post
    Might as well get this started. This will be Pleasant Grove’s first ever appearance in the State Finals after a dominating season to date. WO-S will be making their fourth straight appearance in the finals, winning the last two, with a 40 game win streak and 17 game playoff game win streak on the line. WO-S has again gotten to this point with their stifling defense. PG has gotten here with a dominating Wing-T offense that has yet to be even close to stopped. Who takes home the hardware?

The game is 3pm December 22nd Friday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
    WOS has no idea what kinda buzz saw they are facing...they are different...and...East Texas Speed Kills

Sic 'em PG...Gimmer is with 'ya...two of our three losses tihs year will be to State Champs
    buckeyebob

The Mustangs win and Sweetwater can continue to hang their hat on losing in the SC game to the juggernaut program
    that is West Orange Stark.

Starter

WOS has been here before plus they beat a very good Kennedale team this year that will also be playing for a State Title. Just like Carthage , I think WOS keeps on winning.

All-State

wos defense is crazy fast

I’m intrigued by WOS.... majority of the year they have looked really good, but not quite as good as they typically are.... beatable, if you will.

The one thing that I keep going back to is that Kennedale win though, which is looking extremely impressive now.

I still feel like this WOS team is just a notch below what they’ve been accustomed to fielding. I’ll take PG, but in a close one.

WOS has the experience, a great defense and while Chaka is not Jack Dallas, he is still pretty dang special.

Hard to pick against the two time defending state champion and I picked them to win it all again this year, so I'll stick with my original pick.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebob View Post
    WOS has no idea what kinda buzz saw they are facing...they are different...and...East Texas Speed Kills

Sic 'em PG...Gimmer is with 'ya...two of our three losses tihs year will be to State Champs
    WO-S is faster IMO. Plus they are basically South East Texas and that is the area that a whole East Texas Speed Kills idea started way back in the day.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    To be the best you got to beat the best.... and I am keeping my word on this.. Pleasant Grove beats WOS and becomes the best... They win the state championship Friday at Jerry World...

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
    You may be right on this ! Gonna be a good one for sure !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Expect to Win, Play to Win--Go Graham Steers!!
    GO # 5

I continue to preach that PG's speed is not what keeps them ahead of the game. PG has some speed, not break-neck speed, but enough speed to do what they need to do, especially when with their style of offense, the play develops only 1-2 yards behind the line of scrimmage, so the play is moving forward quickly. PG is an all around team. They're big, strong, fast (not fastest but fast enough), disciplined, and prepared. I said this 10 weeks ago, and I'll say it again. PG is not mind-blowingly good at anything. I haven't seen the best of anything from them. But they are excellent in all aspects of the game. They play every position extremely well. Everyone takes care of their business. That is what makes this team so great. And like I've said before, that's coming from an Atlanta fan, which is sickening enough lol.
    Atlanta Rabbits
    District Champs: 41, 45, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 57, 64, 66, 68, 70, 77, 78, 90, 91, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06
    Bi-District Champs: 48, 64, 77, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06, 12, 13, 14, 15
    Area Champs: 92, 94, 99, 03, 14, 15
    Regional Champs: 64, 92, 94, 99, 02, 03, 14, 15
    QF, SF Champs: 94, 03
    State Champs: 03

Letterman

Mustangs win, 35-19
    I have forgotten as much as I have remembered, so where does that leave me?

Note to PG: that edge won’t be there vs WOS, best make adjustments.

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    Note to PG: that edge won’t be there vs WOS, best make adjustments.
    This and IMO WOS has already beat a better wing-t team with a bigger OL and faster RB's in Kennedale. The only place I believe PG is better than Kdale is on defense and that is saying something after I watched KDale dominate my Jackets offense.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!