View Poll Results: Who wins? Ville or K'dale???

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kennedale just too athletic and strong--Wildcats win

14 48.28%
  • Stephenville too balanced and the Jackets head to Jerryworld

15 51.72%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Stephenville vs Kennedale State 4ADI State Semifinal

Well, since posters from both teams seem to be superstitious about starting a thread about this game... I will. Both teams are big, strong and on a roll. Kennedale is a run first (and do it damned well) athletic team that just physically overwhelms most opponents. Stephenville runs and throws equally well and is gaining confidence every week. We played Ville in district and they just were too big and too strong for us. Played Kennedale last year in this same game and once we slowed their running game and they fell behind they had no answer. I understand they are much better passing the ball this year. Should be a good one.

All-District

Kennedale State?!?!?!

It's really not fair to make Stephenville play a college.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Pigskin Prep has Kennedale as a 4 point favorite.

Sville 38 Kdale 21- the buck or should I say the wing-t stops here.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

One of the big reasons for Sville's turnaround after the last two seasons. http://theflashtoday.com/2017/06/12/...ville-defense/ and credit goes to Coach Winder for making the move. I know Winder has had his detractors around here but the man has been leading Sville's offense since 2008. His QB's, RB's, and WR's are in the top 3 of every record category at SHS. Under his tenure as OC and HC the Jackets have went 27-8 in the playoffs 77% win % going at least 4 rounds deep 7 out of last 10 years, 3 semi-final appearances, and one championship (hopefully it will two SC).
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

I agree with you Sville. I have only attended a handful of games over the last three years but the defense this year is pretty dog gone good, bordering on really stinking good! The offense has come around with younger guys and a solid line, but the defense is something else that I have not seen in some time even when I did attend every game. Overall how is the Kennedale team compared to the last time the Ville played them in the playoffs. Just by record they are better, but what does everyone see as the difference in 2017?

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Pigskin Prep has Kennedale as a 4 point favorite.
    CalPrep project a matchup has K by 4

USA Today score predictor has K by 5

But I voted for Sville anyway not that it makes any difference.

Would love to go to any of the semi finals, both divisions.....but won't make it........will "watch" on the FNR app
    Rockets Never Quit!

The Harris Poll has Sville as a 3 point favorite.

Blog Entries

The Wing-T is a great offensive scheme when executed and consistently for an entire game. AND playing against an opponent that is run heavy as well. Ball control at its finest. The question becomes, which team executes the best and can outlast and overpower the other. But when competing against a team that is efficient with the spread offense that has a very solid defense that is strong against the run to go with it, it spells trouble for the team running the Wing-T. VILLE by 10
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Letterman

Whatta ya know...we get to be home team after being visitors 4 straight games.
    Everyone knows where I stand, so enough said. Go ahead and talk and I'll listen. I've got thick skin.
    Don't Mess With the CAT

Good luck Kennedale from WO-S! We’re pulling for ya. Not for any selfish reason whatsoever.

424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

What does Padilla have to say about his game?
    Ville-D is back...

Ville-D is back...

Letterman

This is the type of game that any football fan enjoys...two programs that are always good...well-coached, athletic, and with some momentum. This should be a VERY good game.

Stephenville obviously has a great defense and an explosive offense but probably hasn't faced a team with as many legitimate rushing weapons as Kennedale this season. They also have built some great momentum, peaking at just the right time. WOS is the only defense this season to even slow Kennedale down and they still had 300+ rushing yards. Even with 3 fumbles lost, they were still in position to make a run at winning it in regulation. Madisonville may have scored more points against WOS, but you can credit a lot of that to kickoff returns since they had only 30 more yards on offense than on KORs.

Kennedale has a strong run defense, but has not been able to shut down spread offenses that can execute consistently. Still, they've gotten better after halftime adjustments each week. This game is a toss-up, I think, with scores somewhere in the mid-30s...and I can't wait to watch it. LOL

Ville-D is back...