Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default Rockdale vs Yoakum

Friday, December 15, 2017 @ 7p
    Cy-Fair FCU Stadium, Cypress, TX

Should be a good game. Rockdale has a pretty dang good defense especially over the second half of the season and playoffs once they got their starters back from injury.

The player to watch for Rockdale on defense is #11. Imo he’s the best player on the team.

On offense you have the qb #2 locklin and #5 crawford(committed to Oklahoma).

3 big time d1 talents in a small school game like this should be exciting for both fan bases.

This is the furthest Rockdale has gone in the playoffs in 41 years when they won state in 1976.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Should be a humdinger OT. Can't wait. Rockdale is loaded and execute very well.
    YnoT us?

All-American

I wish I could make it but no way I could leave work at 330 head home shower and let my dog out and then head to Houston from New Braunfels in time to make it.

Junior Varsity

Yes this will be a good one. Again this one will who dominates the LOS. Ball & clock control will be the biggest factor in who wins this one. The Yoakum offense blew open the Goliad game in the first two series before they settled down into a more ground pound clock chewing unit. Bo will have the team ready for Friday nights game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    I wish I could make it but no way I could leave work at 330 head home shower and let my dog out and then head to Houston from New Braunfels in time to make it.
    Take the dog with you.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

That awful taste for over a year, is a powerful motivator. Complete step 15 of the mission this Friday, then a chance to right some wrongs.

Hope we can handle that speed, with our R4 speed? All starts with Rockdale's southpaw QB. Amazing athlete. Accounted for 50 TD's, nearly 2000 yards rushing, over 2000 yards passing and 300 yards combined per game out of him.
    YnoT us?

Hope to see Yoakum again this year at Jerry World!
    Atlanta Rabbits
    District Champs: 41, 45, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 57, 64, 66, 68, 70, 77, 78, 90, 91, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06
    Bi-District Champs: 48, 64, 77, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06, 12, 13, 14, 15
    Area Champs: 92, 94, 99, 03, 14, 15
    Regional Champs: 64, 92, 94, 99, 02, 03, 14, 15
    QF, SF Champs: 94, 03
    State Champs: 03

All-American

Sorry OLD TIGGER, Yoakum will win this match up. Nice to see you posting on here again though.
    GO BUFFS!

Junior Varsity

Game day! I like the Dogs chances in this game. The Dogs seem to be peaking on both offense and defense at this point in the playoffs. Coach Robinson has them focused each week and theirs tons of post season experience on both sides of the line. Focus, no T/O "s and control the clock, one more win and back to JerryWorld to finish it!

Blog Entries

I have the Fightin Willie Boydy's over Dwight Yoakum.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

Man, YOAKUM, they good. Saw them for the 2nd time this season, last week in Austin. Coach Robinson has unleashed the Moore's on the ground, not sure anyone can stop that.

Will be a tough one for sure. Key IMO, our man on man DB's stopping Crawford and the quick slants. Don't see Locklin (Rockdales amazing southpaw QB) getting a chance to go wide due to our bookends. Keep them bottled up inside, let LB'ers take him down. We should be able to score, and hopefully -- stop them more than they stop us.

Homer pick: Yoakum 48-20. Go Dogs!!!!!
    YnoT us?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Gsquared View Post
    Man, YOAKUM, they good. Saw them for the 2nd time this season, last week in Austin. Coach Robinson has unleashed the Moore's on the ground, not sure anyone can stop that.
    well...............................

Good Luck to our neighbors to the north.... GATA Bulldogs

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American
    Blog Entries

Yoakum hitting on all cylinders now......Look Out!! When a team finds their groove like the Bulldogs are playing right now.....all that talent.....Man! It's gonna definitely be a physical game, but the offense of Yoakum will shine again, IMHO. They took out a very respected Goliad team like they were sittin' still.....and Goliad's D was nothing to sneeze over. Just too much speed and talent on that offense for Rockdale to contain. And the Bulldog D is nasty good. They got some big ol' boys in there, and did a good job gettin' to Morris. Bland did get good hard yards, but they managed to tighten up in the Red Zone on almost every possession Goliad had there. Not sure about Rockdale's passing game.....Yoakum had to respect Goliad's. If Rockdale primarily runs it......not good for them. You need a very good balanced attack to stay with Yoakum.....and even that doesn't seem to be enough. I've got Yoakum winning this by 2 TD's. Go Bulldogs!!!
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.