Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Has anyone heard or seen of a place where this game can be streamed and watched online?
    Atlanta Rabbits
    District Champs: 41, 45, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 57, 64, 66, 68, 70, 77, 78, 90, 91, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06
    Bi-District Champs: 48, 64, 77, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06, 12, 13, 14, 15
    Area Champs: 92, 94, 99, 03, 14, 15
    Regional Champs: 64, 92, 94, 99, 02, 03, 14, 15
    QF, SF Champs: 94, 03
    State Champs: 03

All-American

It's not on Texan Live and Flofootball doesnt have it either..

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    It's not on Texan Live and Flofootball doesnt have it either..
    Wow. Surely someone will. This game is huge.
    Atlanta Rabbits
    District Champs: 41, 45, 46, 47, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 57, 64, 66, 68, 70, 77, 78, 90, 91, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06
    Bi-District Champs: 48, 64, 77, 92, 94, 95, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 06, 12, 13, 14, 15
    Area Champs: 92, 94, 99, 03, 14, 15
    Regional Champs: 64, 92, 94, 99, 02, 03, 14, 15
    QF, SF Champs: 94, 03
    State Champs: 03

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by H3llR4z0r View Post
    Wow. Surely someone will. This game is huge.
    ......... but probably avg, size down here.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    ......... but probably avg, size down here.
    Lol 2 unbeateans should draw a crowd. I would think anyways. I'd love to go, but 3 hours is a bit much.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by H3llR4z0r View Post
    Lol 2 unbeateans should draw a crowd. I would think anyways. I'd love to go, but 3 hours is a bit much.
    Should be a great crowd....UIL may not have granted rights to anyone to do TV for this game....

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Should be a great crowd....UIL may not have granted rights to anyone to do TV for this game....
    Stupid UIL
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

Waiting to turn in my picks. I just don't know who to go with in this one.
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Just curious how the Gilmer faithful would rate this PG team compared to the 2012 Gilmer team. That Gilmer team was probably one of the best 4A teams I have ever seen.

Harris:
    Graham by 4 over Pleasant Grove.
    YnoT us?

All-American

I'm right there with you, Aussie. This one's got me stumped.

My first instinct was Graham, and that's who I have picked in my bracket. But, man, PG has just flat-out dominated in the postseason. Every test they've come up against, they've passed with flying colors. I thought, after Celina took care of Jasper, that the defense had come along well enough to slow down the Hawks. Nope. Then, I thought, Melissa is athletic enough and balanced enough to really cause the PG front seven to be a non-factor. Nope and nope and nope.

Then I look at Graham, and boy, oh, boy. They are like a more efficient, more polished Gilmer, with an embarrassment of riches in good, hard-nosed athletes, a very talented QB, a good ground game and a defense to boot. But, I don't know if they've played anyone who will be as in-their-face physical as PG will be tomorrow night. The Hawks truly are swarming on the defensive side of the ball. No opposing QB has had anything resembling time in the pocket to do much against the Hawks defense. Every opposing team's strength has been negated against the Hawks. That's what state champion-caliber teams do.

But, Graham ... I can't overlook how dominant they've been on the offensive side of the ball. And they've played well enough, defensively, to just bury teams. But, can Graham have success throwing the ball against PG? You're going to have to in order to beat the Hawks. Tatum couldn't do it. Aubrey couldn't do it. Celina didn't come close to doing it. Melissa didn't come close to doing it. Can Graham do it? That's the only way to beat PG. You won't out-physical them. So you better be able to throw the ball and have success in those short and intermediate routes, with the occasional one that takes the top off the defense, if you have any ideas of grandeur of running the ball against them.

I just don't know.

So, as of 7:55 a.m. today, Wednesday, December 13th, I am picking Graham.

No.

Pleasant Grove.

No.

Graham.

No.

Pleasant Grove.

Aw, hell, I don't know. I'll be back in a few hours after I mull this one over some more.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Just curious how the Gilmer faithful would rate this PG team compared to the 2012 Gilmer team. That Gilmer team was probably one of the best 4A teams I have ever seen.
    Then you didn't see the next week. Because we weren't close to great......but Navasota was.
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    I'm right there with you, Aussie. This one's got me stumped.

My first instinct was Graham, and that's who I have picked in my bracket. But, man, PG has just flat-out dominated in the postseason. Every test they've come up against, they've passed with flying colors. I thought, after Celina took care of Jasper, that the defense had come along well enough to slow down the Hawks. Nope. Then, I thought, Melissa is athletic enough and balanced enough to really cause the PG front seven to be a non-factor. Nope and nope and nope.

Then I look at Graham, and boy, oh, boy. They are like a more efficient, more polished Gilmer, with an embarrassment of riches in good, hard-nosed athletes, a very talented QB, a good ground game and a defense to boot. But, I don't know if they've played anyone who will be as in-their-face physical as PG will be tomorrow night. The Hawks truly are swarming on the defensive side of the ball. No opposing QB has had anything resembling time in the pocket to do much against the Hawks defense. Every opposing team's strength has been negated against the Hawks. That's what state champion-caliber teams do.

But, Graham ... I can't overlook how dominant they've been on the offensive side of the ball. And they've played well enough, defensively, to just bury teams. But, can Graham have success throwing the ball against PG? You're going to have to in order to beat the Hawks. Tatum couldn't do it. Aubrey couldn't do it. Celina didn't come close to doing it. Melissa didn't come close to doing it. Can Graham do it? That's the only way to beat PG. You won't out-physical them. So you better be able to throw the ball and have success in those short and intermediate routes, with the occasional one that takes the top off the defense, if you have any ideas of grandeur of running the ball against them.

I just don't know.

So, as of 7:55 a.m. today, Wednesday, December 13th, I am picking Graham.

No.

Pleasant Grove.

No.

Graham.

No.

Pleasant Grove.

Aw, hell, I don't know. I'll be back in a few hours after I mull this one over some more.
    Basically how I went before we recorded last night
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Then you didn't see the next week. Because we weren't close to great......but Navasota was.
    No, i didn’t see the championship game

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, i didn’t see the championship game

I think — and the Buckeye folks can correct me if I'm wrong — the 2012 Gilmer team overachieved a bit. They were obviously very good. But they were far from great. And they were far from being one of Gilmer's best teams. But, as Aussie said, that Navasota team was elite that year, too, so that probably overshadowed what the Buckeyes accomplished.
    Texas Forever.