View Poll Results: Who wins the re-match from 2015?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carthage Bulldogs

23 57.50%
  • La Vega Pirates

17 42.50%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    All-District

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    That missed field goal from the 15 at the end of the first half and 4 missed extra points by La Vega were the 7 point difference in the end.
    That and the 21-0 jump start in first quarter really made the difference in this game.

Carthage is definitely beatable is the take away from this game.
    Curious how Carthage will do against a T offense.
    What? So Carthage is beatable. We played about as sloppy as you could against the #2 team in the state and beat them. I hate to break the news to everybody but Carthage is not beatable. They will not lose a game, and will be on a 26 game win streak at the end of the year. Carthage shoulda ran LV out of that building. But sloppy QB play and honestly some questionable play calling kept them in it. Hats off to LV. That is a tough team.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    What? So Carthage is beatable. We played about as sloppy as you could against the #2 team in the state and beat them. I hate to break the news to everybody but Carthage is not beatable. They will not lose a game, and will be on a 26 game win streak at the end of the year. Carthage shoulda ran LV out of that building. But sloppy QB play and honestly some questionable play calling kept them in it. Hats off to LV. That is a tough team.
    Come on Kennedale, BBQ some crow for this guy
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Come on Kennedale, BBQ some crow for this guy
    Yea right. Everybody was going to do it. 1st people were saying Argyle. Then people were saying LV. Now people are wishing it would be Kennedale. Everybody just take a step back and enjoy a little greatness. Yea last night was an absolute dog fight. Both teams were just flat out mean. The only team that could match the intensity and physicality of Carthage just got sent home last night. Carthage is in the midst of an all time great season. We have played 1 close game, and that game wasn't that close. I never felt like LV was gonna win. Never. Even when they had the MO I knew Carthage could make the plays to get it done. LV showed heart. QB threw some ducks that dropped in for TD. It happens. Heck some of that had to do with the starters never playing the 4th quarter. These boys are the same ones that were the cardiac dawgs last year. Except they are a year older. It's the same play makers. They just have thebrefuse to lose attitude. When you get on a streak like Carthage is on, and you have the athletes you become almost unbeatable. Ask WOS. Were they beatable last year? I don't think so.

All-District

I agree with the Dawg, if you were at the game, you saw our QB have the worst game he had all year. Three of the turn overs were not caused by the La Vega defense. On the other hand the Dawg defense caused everyone of La Vega's turnovers.
    Take away the first two self inflicked turn overs of the Dawgs and it is 35 to 0 at the half. The Dawg defense got put behind the eight ball five times last night.
    La Vega was ligit, but don't let the touch down passes they threw fool you, the QB was getting planted like corn when he through up the floating balloons. He threw one great pass for a TD at the end of the fourth quarter.
    The La Vega defense was for real and in my opinion they are not any better than the Dawg defense. Their linebackers were the best we have played and the secondary did what I did not think could be done and that is play man on man pass coverage.
    The LV offense ran four plays all night and when we would get them in 3rd and for ever or 4th and 10, they would make the play.
    They had really good tailbacks and each one had a totally different style. Once they got to the second level they were gone.
    The Dawg defense played the tails off last night and I guarantee the LV QB and running backs were packed in ice after that game. The LV QB has to be one tuff son of a gun, he got lit up and crushed more times than you could imagine.
    Great ball game by the two top teams in 4A DI.