View Poll Results: Who wins the re-match from 2015?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carthage Bulldogs

23 57.50%
  • La Vega Pirates

17 42.50%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

This is the one game I knew would happen all season. Personally, I think Carthage gets their revenge. I'm not sure by how much, and it doesn't matter. I just think this is Carthage's year for some reason.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Starter

I'm taking Carthage for the following reasons...

1. They have the best RB in 4A in Ingram
    2. They have at least the 2nd best defense in 4A-D1, with La Vega's being the only one better (on paper)
    3. Carthage QB has thrown 44 TD's this season, did I mention they had the best RB in the state?
    4. They are the defending Champ
    5. I'm from East Texas and nobody from East Texas is going to pick La Vega and live to tell about it

All-District

This is the one I been waiting on. Dawgs rolling. Pirates rolling. Should be a great game!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie98 View Post
    I'm taking Carthage for the following reasons...

1. They have the best RB in 4A in Ingram
    2. They have at least the 2nd best defense in 4A-D1, with La Vega's being the only one better (on paper)
    3. Carthage QB has thrown 44 TD's this season, did I mention they had the best RB in the state?
    4. They are the defending Champ
    5. I'm from East Texas and nobody from East Texas is going to pick La Vega and live to tell about it
    I am from East Texas and leaning La Vega. Will make the final pick on show.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    Well stay away from the boats then. You would have to be crazy picking against Surratt in this spot. He is 5-1 in his career here. The "1" Carthage had no business being there anyway. Smart money never bets against Carthage or Surratt this late in the season. That's like betting against the house. And the house always wins!

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    I have no doubt that La Vega will be the most talented team on both sides of the ball that Carthage has faced this season. They're probably even more talented than Carthage (if that's possible). But as great as that Pirate defense is, I don't think they'll have an answer for all the things that Carthage can do on offense. And La Vega is not going to be able to keep up on the scoreboard by running the football at Carthage's front 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All-District

We will soon see who has the best Defense. I have not seen LeVega play and can only go by what is said on this site. I have seen the Dawgs and they have dominated 14 teams in a row.
    This game has the build up of a classic.
    The best player on the field belongs to the Dawgs and I believe he will be the deciding factor in this game.
    Two great teams about to meet up.
    Dawgs by 10
    Let’s Go Dawgs!!!!
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    Nothing trendy about them. They win. Tunnel sweep here and tunnel there. A long shot down the field and they are sitting in your end zone. They are not one dimensional by any means. They also play defense and are very good at it. The can match up with anybody... including Carthage.
    Never said they were trendy... just a trendy PICK on here. Still think Carthage wins.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    Well stay away from the boats then. You would have to be crazy picking against Surratt in this spot. He is 5-1 in his career here. The "1" Carthage had no business being there anyway. Smart money never bets against Carthage or Surratt this late in the season. That's like betting against the house. And the house always wins!
    No business being there? Didn't hear that BS before the fact.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

I wish this game was on TV or being streamed. I would catch the 2nd half when I got home.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Sville View Post
    I wish this game was on TV or being streamed. I would catch the 2nd half when I got home.
    It will probably be on Texan Live. They don't have the schedule up yet.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    No business being there? Didn't hear that BS before the fact.
    You actually got me. I guess he is 5-2. So the odds not as bad as I thought. I honestly was talking about 2015 against LV. I forgot about 2012. I always forget that was a semi-final cause we played 1 less game in the playoffs. And you are also correct. People were ordering rings in 2012, then EC sent us home on that long drive from Beaumont crying. No way I thought Carthage would lose that game that year. But the Ricebirds had much different plans.

All-District

So this is Surratt's 11th season. He has played in the semi-final in 8 out of 11 seasons. Came in 2007. Played in the semi-final in 08', 09', 10', 12', 13', 15', 16', and 17'. 8 out of 11 ain't too shabby. This is getting ridiculous the longer it goes on. I guess all you can do is enjoy the ride. Never know when it's going to be over with. But 1 thing is for sure. Time is undefeated. It will end one day.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    So this is Surratt's 11th season. He has played in the semi-final in 8 out of 11 seasons. Came in 2007. Played in the semi-final in 08', 09', 10', 12', 13', 15', 16', and 17'. 8 out of 11 ain't too shabby. This is getting ridiculous the longer it goes on. I guess all you can do is enjoy the ride. Never know when it's going to be over with. But 1 thing is for sure. Time is undefeated. It will end one day.
    He's not even 50 yet, is he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so ready for this game!! I'm so tired of about LV #1 defense!! It's very simple folks they may have a great defense but how are they going to score on Carthage?? We have great defense also especially against the run!! In my opinion Carthage will force them to pass the ball more by limiting the run and putting them in unfamiliar situations. Carthage has too many weapons on offense. I don't care how great your defense is you can't stop all of them and they're comfortable doing anything passing , running it doesn't matter!! I think Carthage proves why they're the best team in 4A and one of the best teams in state this Friday in a statement win against LV!!! LV is not playing China Spring or Liberty Hill on Friday which is the two toughest teams they've played all season!! Carthage is a way different Beast!!! That can score in multiple ways!! And they have one of the best if not the best defenses in 4A!! Is it Friday yet!!!! Time to put the critics to rest!!! DawyDynasty rolls right into the State Championship game!!