View Poll Results: WO-S vs Wimberley. Who wins and gets a ticket to AT&T?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • West Orange-Stark

15 40.54%
  • Wimberley

22 59.46%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Starter

Quote Originally Posted by H3llR4z0r View Post
    This game will be interesting. WOS has been letting teams stick around till the end of the game the past 3 weeks. Could Wimberley be the wrong team to let stick around? Here we go!
    That can go both ways.Remember Wimberly has had one game where they had to go to overtime to win it and then lost their next game I think.But give them credit they have rolled sense then.Wo-s has only given up 29 points in the playoffs but have had problems scoring a lot of points.It's hard to go against a team that's hitting on all cylinders opposed to a team that seems to be struggling.Will find out Friday.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    I'm just saying that Cuero had what looked to be a very capable defense (most scores allowed in a game all season -- 3, 3 shutouts, 120 points allowed all season) and had the same plan. Yet suddenly, their defense sucks:
    The same thing happened last year. Cuero's defense was even better than this years, then they lost to Navarro and we heard the same thing from the Navarro folks. Then we heard the same thing from the Sweetwater folks who ran the same offense as Wimbo. They didn't score an offensive TD. Yes, that was last year, but we heard the same sort of things about Kennedale this year who is still scoring 60 points a game this late in the playoffs... We held them to their lowest output of the season. So it shouldn't be a surprise that we think that, just maybe, we might be able to do what others haven't... At least lately anyway. There have been times this year that Wimbo has showed they are human.

We might NOT be able to slow them down, who knows... It wouldn't be the first time we were wrong on our thought process, but recent history says that there is a chance... However small it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNHO View Post
    That can go both ways.Remember Wimberly has had one game where they had to go to overtime to win it and then lost their next game I think.But give them credit they have rolled sense then.Wo-s has only given up 29 points in the playoffs but have had problems scoring a lot of points.It's hard to go against a team that's hitting on all cylinders opposed to a team that seems to be struggling.Will find out Friday.
    I think it could be a good one. I'm sure Coach Thompson will have his crew ready. Wish it were closer.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Guess I'll go to some Roadrunner games soon.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Weeks-46050496

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GUNHO View Post
    Wimbo has always tried to schedule quality teams and many times, larger schools pre-district (like many other good programs do). They'll move players around, try different things/plays and we all hate to drop some of these games but we all understand the process. So yeah.....Wimbo has rolled since then. BTW, There's been some positive changes made on defense around the end of district play. What they were isn't who they are.

All-District
    Blog Entries

I'm just saying that Cuero had what looked to be a very capable defense (most scores allowed in a game all season -- 3, 3 shutouts, 120 points allowed all season) and had the same plan. Yet suddenly, their defense sucks:

That's kind of mystifying to me how suddenly their defense went terrible as soon as they played Wimberley. Especially because the same thing happened to Sweeny (4 shutouts).

I wonder if we sprinkle some sort of magic potion on the field before the game that confuses the other team's secondary and pass rush? Seems like the most likely explanation.
    ....and they (Cuero) are " a very capable defense" against a one dimensional offense. Load the box and play man to man down field cause they have the athletes to do it. Teams like that run across a very good two dimensional offense along with a quality oline they struggle.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    ....and they (Cuero) are " a very capable defense" against a one dimensional offense. Load the box and play man to man down field cause they have the athletes to do it. Teams like that run across a very good two dimensional offense along with a quality oline they struggle.
    Are we talking about Cuero or WOS?

WOS has proved they can play defense against plenty of "two dimensional" teams.

All-American

I have been so steeped in 2005 nostalgia with this thread that I haven't commented yet. But this ought to be a very, very fun matchup.

It's hard to pick against WOS because their defense is just so dang good. I don't know how they do it down there, but for the past four years - and, truly, further back than that - the Mustangs are just otherworldly on the defensive side of the ball. And that defensive unit doesn't seem fazed at all that the offense isn't scoring many points. I don't know how long it's been since a team truly came out and popped WOS in the mouth out of the gate, but that's what Wimberley is going to have to figure out how to do. You can't slow-play the Mustangs. Their defense just gets better as the game goes on, and the offense seems to always find an opportunity when it's most needed. The Texans have to take that away. I think if Wimberley can come out and score quickly on their first couple of possessions, and then put together a couple of successful grind-it-out drives that end in points, they win. But if the Texans let this game stay too close and are in a position where the WOS defense can win it, then I like the Mustangs.

Either way, I love this matchup! Hope all you fans stay safe while traveling and hope it's a clean, injury free game with fair officiating!
    Texas Forever.

Harris:
    WO-Stark-Wimberley pick 'em
    YnoT us?

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Well, seeing as how I live in Katy, I might just have to go to this one.
    Changed my mind, gonna go watch angleton and Manvel at NRG

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    I have been so steeped in 2005 nostalgia with this thread that I haven't commented yet. But this ought to be a very, very fun matchup.

It's hard to pick against WOS because their defense is just so dang good. I don't know how they do it down there, but for the past four years - and, truly, further back than that - the Mustangs are just otherworldly on the defensive side of the ball. And that defensive unit doesn't seem fazed at all that the offense isn't scoring many points. I don't know how long it's been since a team truly came out and popped WOS in the mouth out of the gate, but that's what Wimberley is going to have to figure out how to do. You can't slow-play the Mustangs.Their defense just gets better as the game goes on, and the offense seems to always find an opportunity when it's most needed. The Texans have to take that away. I think if Wimberley can come out and score quickly on their first couple of possessions, and then put together a couple of successful grind-it-out drives that end in points, they win. But if the Texans let this game stay too close and are in a position where the WOS defense can win it, then I like the Mustangs.

Either way, I love this matchup! Hope all you fans stay safe while traveling and hope it's a clean, injury free game with fair officiating!
    Wimberly 2005 Simi.lol.Great assessment.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Something happens to a team and coaching staff....even all the fans.....when a team gets on a long winning streak. I know because it happened to us in Argyle. The players become convinced they will not lose, and communication and trust between the coaches and players becomes so clear and understood that it can never be this way at any other time. The players believe, the coaches believe, the fans believe.....whatever happens, the team will still win in the end. This becomes a HUGE advantage not even taken into account by anyone.....certainly not the opposition. Everybody acknowledges this fact subconsciously....even the opposition......and that's where the advantage lurks.....almost hidden from realization. Does this mean WOS will win this week? Nope.....just that they have a hidden advantage that even they don't think about.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Changed my mind, gonna go watch angleton and Manvel at NRG
    Boo!

All-District

WOS has an exceptional defense, better than any Wimberley has played. The extremely efficient offense isn't going to be extremely efficient this Friday -- there's just no way.

Wimberley won't score into the 40s like usual, but they're going to be the best offense WOS has played, so WOS will not shut them down, and that means that WOS's offense scoring 14 or 17 won't cut it.

First team to 28 points wins?

Practice Squad

WOS has an exceptional defense, better than any Wimberley has played. The extremely efficient offense isn't going to be extremely efficient this Friday -- there's just no way.

Wimberley won't score into the 40s like usual, but they're going to be the best offense WOS has played, so WOS will not shut them down, and that means that WOS's offense scoring 14 or 17 won't cut it.

First team to 28 points wins?
    I know we put up 28 in 2015, but I can’t remember WOS has given up that much in a game since then. Albeit we only had success on the ground that day and Dallas carved us up for 260 and 5 TDS...this should be a great game!