View Poll Results: WO-S vs Wimberley. Who wins and gets a ticket to AT&T?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • West Orange-Stark

15 40.54%
  • Wimberley

22 59.46%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    All-District

Hey WOS87, I remember a couple of years ago remarking about how small WOS's lines were, and you told me that the coach required a timed mile (?) run (8 min?) to make the team, which eliminated a bunch of big guys.

I'm watching vids of this year's team and there's no way that #79 ran an 8 minute mile... Does the coach no longer have that rule?

All-District

Saw a tweet that said that Weeks had decommitted from TxSt baseball.

I hope he turns his phone off until Saturday.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    No but overall the schedules were about the same. Cueros pass defense looked like my Ricebirds and that aint no compliment. LOL
    It was really non-existent.Their overall defense was not the defense their stats show.No pressure at all on the QB.Hopefully the Mustangs can do a better job.

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

On another site per GUNHO: Wimberley's QB takes a very deep drop and most of his receivers were wide open. I really was not that impressed anyone could catch those. If we can play their receivers tight, get a good pass rush I think we will be ok.

Starter

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Hey WOS87, I remember a couple of years ago remarking about how small WOS's lines were, and you told me that the coach required a timed mile (?) run (8 min?) to make the team, which eliminated a bunch of big guys.

I'm watching vids of this year's team and there's no way that #79 ran an 8 minute mile... Does the coach no longer have that rule?
    It's 10 minutes for lineman (always has been) and yes he still has the rule and yes #79 made his time. Remember, video adds 10 lbs , but Mims moves pretty good for a big boy.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    On another site per GUNHO: Wimberley's QB takes a very deep drop and most of his receivers were wide open. I really was not that impressed anyone could catch those. If we can play their receivers tight, get a good pass rush I think we will be ok.

Hmmmm, I think that's a pretty fair assessment. You don't?

Don't think he has watched enough film to see the tight catches our recievers have made over the season. There is something to be said about the "wide open" too.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by WOS1 View Post
    It's 10 minutes for lineman (always has been) and yes he still has the rule and yes #79 made his time. Remember, video adds 10 lbs , but Mims moves pretty good for a big boy.
    He's quick for a dude his size. He's just more, uh... plump than the WOS linemen I've seen in the past. (He looks like he'd fit right in on our line!)
    Last edited by rb585; 12-11-2017 at 08:25 PM.

All-District

It's amazing that every team we've played has had a terrible pass defense, even the one with a 5-star recruit in the secondary.

Just imagine how many passing yards we would have put up against those schleps if we had an O-line that could pass-block well, several receivers who had the skills to get open, and a QB with a strong and accurate arm!

All-American

Don't think he has watched enough film to see the tight catches our recievers have made over the season. There is something to be said about the "wide open" too.
    I think his comments were more a refernce to the fact we need to stay tight. Cuero didnt do that so not surprising they caught a bunch of balls. We have to put heat on Weeks and stay on our man, pretty good game plan. We cant let him stand around back there and pick his targets.

Starter

Just my assessment of that game.Not implying it is every game.And if we can't do the things I stated ya'll will be playing one of those other teams...what's their names again.One starts with a G and the other with a P I think.lol

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by WOS1 View Post
    I think his comments were more a refernce to the fact we need to stay tight. Cuero didnt do that so not surprising they caught a bunch of balls. We have to put heat on Weeks and stay on our man, pretty good game plan. We cant let him stand around back there and pick his targets.
    Cuero's game plan coming in was to give Weeks plenty of time to throw and play loose on the receivers.

Same with Sweeny. And Sinton.

It scares me that y'all are smarter than them.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Cuero's game plan coming in was to give Weeks plenty of time to throw and play loose on the receivers.

Same with Sweeny. And Sinton.

It scares me that y'all are smarter than them.
    Not smarter... i think the hope is we are more capable... ill also say, if there is a defense in the state that is capable of it. I think we are. We may not be, but you have to start with a plan, right?