Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
I seriously think this is my favorite season of them all.

2005 was wonderful, but we were so dominant that year that I knew we were going to win every game. Ironically, the WOS game was the biggest unknown, and that was over by half. Other than that, no suspense that season.

2006 was great, but that ended with a loss to a team I thought we were better than, and that's a bad way to end.

2010, the kids were great, but you could just see the chance for state falling apart with every injury we had.

2011, saw one of the greatest games I've ever seen in the semis and nothing tops winning state in Jerryworld, but I think Weldon sold a little bit of his soul to keep a kid on that team.

This year, I didn't know how good we'd be. We pulled off a couple of comebacks early in the year, came out flat and got our asses kicked by Boerne, and then got better every week. Rolled through District 15 in the playoffs, and then just lost to a better team despite fighting as hard as we could. Can't ask for much more than that.
2006 we should've won the state title. 'Did you know, lol' the two teams that year who won the 3A state championship that year Div. 1&2 had been both beat by Wimbo in pre-district? Liberty Hill and Liberty-Eylau. 'Did you know' the key player for the Texans, Micheal Buse was knock out of that game in the first half and even though he returned for the second half...didn't really look himself. The team looked flat starting the first play that evening, I think they had a post Cuero hangover as well, probably took Hondo lightly. 2010 was like you said, we were really banged up going into that Coldspring game. That 2010 team was the highest scoring Wimbo team ever till this year's 2017 team. 2010 was the year Sealy's coach Mitchell got to meet the Hays County Sheriffs dept. over a controversial 2 point call by the refs. on Ricky Seals Jones LOL. 2011 was a truly amazing group of kids, all gifted with the desire to win. Argyle that year had amazing athletes all over and many D1 commits including that kicker, hell they were dominate all year. They were for real. 2017 team, I can tell you the minute I knew this team was different and would be hard to stop, that was the 80 yd TD pass over the middle in the Gidding's game. The ball delivery, catch then out running the d-backs.....wow. Notes: 1st quarter Bandera, passing success with Llano's tight coverage, offense totally unstoppable against Navarro, Hondo's 0 score and the hook and ladder, punt return in Sinton, 60 or 70 yd bomb with Sweeny against triple coverage, Sweeny hook and ladder ladder. pick 6 in Cuero, opening bomb/TD against WOS. Was a great year and loved every minute of it.