Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dang, I'll take that district! We might actually have more than 3 games at home this year!!
    ...the strong do what they want, and the weak endure what they must.....

All-American

Switch your D12 and D13.

Waco area teams have absolutely no business being in Region IV whatsoever. Whoever within the UIL who thought that was a good idea needs to be dragged behind the dumpster and shot point blank with a .12 gauge.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

D13 and D14 - the only question mark is Burnet going through Liberty Hill to get to Taylor.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LH Panther Mom View Post
    D13 and D14 - the only question mark is Burnet going through Liberty Hill to get to Taylor.
    We could set up a toll.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    We could set up a toll.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-District
    Blog Entries

I thought everyone always went around Liberty Hill to go anywhere. Anyway just a quess - actually LH and Burnet could go to D-14 with only 4 teams left. The one sure thing ( I think) is none are going west - no one out there for a ways. Who knows the UIL might moves some towns around.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    We could set up a toll.
    That's coming !!!

All-District
    Blog Entries

What route did LH travel to Fredericksburg and Boerne in the 14 / 15 seasons ?

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Is there a map of Texas with the school locations on it for each classification and division. I've seen somebody put them together before in previous realignments.
    WOS87 did the last several...the old ones are on the Home Page at the top
    buckeyebob

No different than when they sent China Spring and Gatesville to Region 1 with West and Glen Rose in 08-09. CS had to drive right by Connally and LaVega (Region III and both schools 15 minutes from CSHS) to get to West.

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    Switch your D12 and D13.

Waco area teams have absolutely no business being in Region IV whatsoever. Whoever within the UIL who thought that was a good idea needs to be dragged behind the dumpster and shot point blank with a .12 gauge.
    Why is that? They played all their playoff games with Valley and South Texas schools in or around San Antonio. Not like we drug them to Waco or they drug us to McAllen.

How is that any different than CS being in Region I or Region III for that fact? At least this way it is only for football? I have been to Regional Track Meets in both Humble (Region III- 3 hours) and Lubbock (Region I- 5 hours) and baseball playoff games in Rusk (2.5 hours), Lufkin (3 hours) and Bridge City (4.5 hours).

Waco is an outlier no matter which Region you are in.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    Why is that? They played all their playoff games with Valley and South Texas schools in or around San Antonio. Not like we drug them to Waco or they drug us to McAllen.

How is that any different than CS being in Region I or Region III for that fact? At least this way it is only for football? I have been to Regional Track Meets in both Humble (Region III- 3 hours) and Lubbock (Region I- 5 hours) and baseball playoff games in Rusk (2.5 hours), Lufkin (3 hours) and Bridge City (4.5 hours).

Waco is an outlier no matter which Region you are in.
    Region IV folks are tired of getting drilled in the early round of the playoffs..in the end if you put the Waco district in Region IV or the El Campo/Bay City group in Region IV they'l l probably dominate in Division I....bottom line is one of those districts is likely in Region IV because there aren't enough true South TX schools in 4A D-1

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Region IV folks are tired of getting drilled in the early round of the playoffs..in the end if you put the Waco district in Region IV or the El Campo/Bay City group in Region IV they'l l probably dominate in Division I....bottom line is one of those districts is likely in Region IV because there aren't enough true South TX schools in 4A D-1
    Geographically speaking, the El Campo/Bay City district in Region IV makes a whole lot more sense than having a Waco area district in Region IV. And yes, Waco area teams in Region IV is basically a "free pass" to at least the State Quarterfinals for 2 members of that district. Matter of fact, I even said that a couple years ago when the UIL placed the Waco district in Region IV. It went something along the lines of "Congratulations on your guaranteed Region IV Championship" or something similar to it.

Also, having a Waco area district playing an RGV team in Round 2 basically means San Antonio area for the matchup. That's roughly a 4 hour drive from the RGV. With the El Campo/Bay City/West Columbia district in Region IV, matchups with RGV area teams would most likely be in Corpus Christi, which is 2 1/2 hrs. away. Hence my reasoning why the La Vega/China Spring district has no business being in Region IV.