View Poll Results: Whick location for the UIL State Championship Football games?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • ATT/Cowboys Stadium in Arlington

23 69.70%
  • NRG/Texans Stadium in Houston

5 15.15%
  • The Alamodome in San Antonio

5 15.15%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Practice Squad

I'd be all for rotation...throw Ratliff stadium and the Sun Bowl...and somewhere down in the far valley on the list of rotation. Let other parts of the state be able to watch the State games live.

All-American

I always liked the neutral site too.......unless it was freaking Waco. But I also like the ability to watch more than one Championship game. I have the 22nd circled. Gobbler Green and Bulldog Red
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Gotcha. Now, go get some groceries up in here and make me a sammich.

Namaste!
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I have the 22nd circled. Gobbler Green and Bulldog Red
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post
    I know
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by db8coach View Post
    I wonder how many people that are screaming for "rotation" would be good with the Sun Bowl in that mix?
    If it were in the mix, I’d be ok with that.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by db8coach View Post
    I wonder how many people that are screaming for "rotation" would be good with the Sun Bowl in that mix?
    I know one group that wouldn't -- the coaches.

The coaches overwhelmingly want the state championship games played indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    But I also like the ability to watch more than one Championship game. I have the 22nd circled. Gobbler Green and Bulldog Red

This right here...I think you all know G and I will go all over the state for games but it is so awesome to have all the games in one place so I do not miss a game because I have to pick between multiple great games.

And everyone saying it is all about money and it does not feel right...Well coaches and players LOVE it. Championship week atmosphere is basically how they view it. They love the pomp and circumstance and being on TV. One 3A coach told me once it made their program feel like a big time program the whole week.

That is better than maybe a 4A game in East Texas..while the other 4A game is in Waco and neither have that buzz and excitement outside of their own fan base.

I know fans here in Dallas that are fans of smaller teams in other parts of the state now because they saw them live and I know fans who became fans of other teams because they saw them on TV.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    This right here...I think you all know G and I will go all over the state for games but it is so awesome to have all the games in one place so I do not miss a game because I have to pick between multiple great games.

And everyone saying it is all about money and it does not feel right...Well coaches and players LOVE it. Championship week atmosphere is basically how they view it. They love the pomp and circumstance and being on TV. One 3A coach told me once it made their program feel like a big time program the whole week.

That is better than maybe a 4A game in East Texas..while the other 4A game is in Waco and neither have that buzz and excitement outside of their own fan base.

I know fans here in Dallas that are fans of smaller teams in other parts of the state now because they saw them live and I know fans who became fans of other teams because they saw them on TV.
    All of that works in a rotation.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-District

I said this in another thread...

We won state in 2005 in Waco (2 hours away) on a Saturday night. We probably had 2000 fans at the game.

We won state in 2011 in Jerryworld (minimum 4.5 hours away) on a Friday afternoon. We probably had close to 5000 residents make the drive.

And we drove 4.5 hours to play a team that was only had to drive 30 minutes. You know what? No one cared!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    All of them. I wonder how many of the DFW bunch would be in love with one venue if it was 4 to 6 hundred miles fro their back yard.
    I understand your aversion to Jerryworld, seeing as how El Campo gave up 70 points in their lone appearance there, but you need to understand that there are a lot of people who would rather drive further to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    All of that works in a rotation.
    I would love a rotation.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    I understand your aversion to Jerryworld, seeing as how El Campo gave up 70 points in their lone appearance there, but you need to understand that there are a lot of people who would rather drive further to play there.
    Has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Stephenville had a great team and the EC kids and fans loved every minute of the experience,except of course for the loss. Would be great to do it again only at NRG so more of our kids and fans could enjoy it the next time. Sville had their turn at home. I know this stuff about fairness is like horror a story for you,but try harder and I'm sure you can grow into it. Otherwise just keep grasping for straws.

So - now football : Do you think Wimberly will beat Cuero?

All-American

I would love a rotation.
    Well - you guys have mouths and surely more opportunity than most to be heard by Elza and the rest. If a few energy drinks can't get it done at least tell her to give me a call. I'd love discuss her excuses with her. LOL

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Congrats on being a dickhead.