Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Hey Yoakum Bulldog fans

Aren't you all glad my niece's son (Issac Pope) transferred there this year?

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

Yes, love the Pope. Great kid and his athletic ability a plus.
    I bleed turquoise. Little blue and green.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by PhiI C View Post
    Where you been?
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm an ex-Goliad Tiger.....so naturally I'm pulling bigtime this week for the Tigers. They should give those Bulldogs all they can handle and then some. If you attend this game, watch Bland at RB and on the defensive side......he's a beast on defense. I think he has close to 1500 yds. rushing for the season.....which is darn good considering Goliad throws it for over 2200 yds also. I think you will see a very exciting and offensive game on Saturday at DKR Memorial in Austin.....kickoff at 6 pm. Grant & Terry mentioned they will be attending this one......both picked Yoakum by less than a TD, but also thought it could go either way......depending on turnovers or defensive stops. The Moore Boys will be let loose and get plenty of touches, and Henry Enoch at RB for Yoakum is just a beast of a player to tackle.....he's so strong and big.....and has quickness. Also look for Morris to be throwing long ones to Donclavion Clay.....outstanding receiver Trevor Parr is out for the season with a broken leg against Edna last week. Just to let everybody know......Goliad is giving up only 12 pts a game and scoring over 50 per game. Their only loss was in the first game of the season to Refugio.....35-28.....and that one could have gone Goliad's way. Both Goliad and Refugio missed one game due to Hurricane Harvey.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Junior Varsity

Yes this will be a good game by two very good programs. Sure the Moore boys will get plenty of touches and Henry will pound out those tough yards. Phil yes Issac is a very good receiver and even better def back. This game is going to be decided in the trenches with the big boys.
    Yoakum has great offensive and defensive lines with tons of experience from their state title run last year. The Dogs have unfinished business at JerryWorld and Goliad will give them a good game but Yoakum will pull away in the second half.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Yoakum barely got by Goliad's young team last season 23-21 in the 3rd Round.....and both teams are basically back a year older. I would not be so confident if I were you. This season Goliad is much improved as evidenced by the numbers. There should be cause for concern by the Yoakum faithful. I'm predicting a Goliad win here.....they will take it to these Bulldogs and shock everyone that is not in Region 4 that doesn't know better....just ask Hallettsville and Edna. Most onlookers outside of the region naturally assume Yoakum is a big favorite......but insiders know this will be a battle and should be a toss-up game. Actually, Goliad has put up the better numbers this season against their schedule and have dismantled the competition in every game except to Refugio in that first game of the season......and we all know how much that game really means.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 12-08-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Is there a live stream to watch this game tomorrow evening?

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Is there a live stream to watch this game tomorrow evening?
    It's PPV but worth it....

https://www.texanlive.com/

Yoakum barely got by Goliad's young team last season 23-21 in the 3rd Round.....and both teams are basically back a year older. I would not be so confident if I were you. This season Goliad is much improved as evidenced by the numbers. There should be cause for concern by the Yoakum faithful. I'm predicting a Goliad win here.....they will take it to these Bulldogs and shock everyone that is not in Region 4 that doesn't know better....just ask Hallettsville and Edna. Most onlookers outside of the region naturally assume Yoakum is a big favorite......but insiders know this will be a battle and should be a toss-up game. Actually, Goliad has put up the better numbers this season against their schedule and have dismantled the competition in every game except to Refugio in that first game of the season......and we all know how much that game really means.
    Hey RE. Hope your doing well? Don't take it personal tonight. Dog's pull away late, 47-27.
    YnoT us?

All-American
    Blog Entries

I will not be attending this game.....I'll wait til Goliad comes up here to Jerryworld, LOL. I'll be there early and save ya a seat if you wanna sit on the Goliad side, hahaha. GRRRR......EAT EM UP TIGERS!!!!

I will not be attending this game.....I'll wait til Goliad comes up here to Jerryworld, LOL. I'll be there early and save ya a seat if you wanna sit on the Goliad side, hahaha. GRRRR......EAT EM UP TIGERS!!!!
    I'll be there bud. Love state games. Really love it if we'd capture our first title on Dec 21st.
    YnoT us?

All-American
    Blog Entries

This should be a really great game to watch. Both teams have virtually returned their offensive and most of their defensive units from last season. Goliad's main skill players are just juniors this season.....which explains the big jump they've made from being sophs. last season. Goliad will be back next season as well....just like Yoakum this season. Yoakum will not pull away and stomp Goliad......you know Goliad will not let that happen and will play full bore to the last whistle YT. I think Goliad has the better defense and Yoakum has some better skill players.....at least more seasoned by one year. You will be impressed with #15 Logan Bland on both sides of the ball......don't worry, he can handle it no problemo. He has 118 tackles for the season....23 for a loss....the most on the team in TFL's. He's tough to tackle because he is such a good player on defense and has that tough mentality. Pure muscle and speed at 6-0, 230.....definitely will play at the next level. He's a great DE.

This should be a really great game to watch. Both teams have virtually returned their offensive and most of their defensive units from last season. Goliad's main skill players are just juniors this season.....which explains the big jump they've made from being sophs. last season. Goliad will be back next season as well....just like Yoakum this season. Yoakum will not pull away and stomp Goliad......you know Goliad will not let that happen and will play full bore to the last whistle YT. I think Goliad has the better defense and Yoakum has some better skill players.....at least more seasoned by one year. You will be impressed with #15 Logan Bland on both sides of the ball......don't worry, he can handle it no problemo. He has 118 tackles for the season....23 for a loss....the most on the team in TFL's. He's tough to tackle because he is such a good player on defense and has that tough mentality. Pure muscle and speed at 6-0, 230.....definitely will play at the next level. He's a great DE.
    Be some amazing DE play going on. Henry Enoch for Ykm and Bland of Goliad. Henry's brother will secure the other end, if they try going that way. Should be a fun one for sure. I seen Goliad a few times, and they are the real deal. IMO, state game winner comes out of this one.
    YnoT us?

All-American

I bet you were extremely happy when "The Howling Bear" took down Port Isabel in Week 11.

To be frank, I wasn't surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Where you been?
    He's just biding his time until the French Bicycle Ride