Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    What game were you watching? Gilmer could've put Melissa away in the first half if they would've executed better. Had chances in the second half and couldn't execute. Melissa only scored 35 against our defense? We've had 7 opponents this season that scored more than that against us. We played horribly and deserved to lose, and that not taking anything away from Melissa at all. Just saying.
    How many TD's called back?

Oh well...2018 Season starters in 30 days
    buckeyebob

All-American
    Blog Entries

I took a chance on Melissa and picked them in my bracket to win. They've got a balanced attack and can change it up if things aren't going right......and they do have the propensity to score on the long ball. That running back can also take it to the house if he gets free in the open field.....so they do have the ability to come back in a short period of time. We all know PG has looked great and has a very strong D......but Melissa could hit a few strikes and turn things on end for PG. I look for the scoring to be in the mid-30's to low 40's.....both teams will put up decent points.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    http://buzzzphotos.shootproof.com/ga...hoto/757713681

There you can go look at it. The Gilmer player has his hand trying to hold down the Melissa receivers arm. That's a penalty for pi.
    It still doesn't look worthy of a PI in my opinion. Oh, well. Like Aesculus says, we held on that series anyway. However, there was a disparity in officiating whether justified or not.

Melissa "might" just win it all (I highly doubt it), but they didn't impress me nearly as much as several teams we've played this season. No excuses, they won, and that's all that matters at this stage.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Gilmer crickets
    I rarely get on here after 5 PM.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I took a chance on Melissa and picked them in my bracket to win. They've got a balanced attack and can change it up if things aren't going right......and they do have the propensity to score on the long ball. That running back can also take it to the house if he gets free in the open field.....so they do have the ability to come back in a short period of time. We all know PG has looked great and has a very strong D......but Melissa could hit a few strikes and turn things on end for PG. I look for the scoring to be in the mid-30's to low 40's.....both teams will put up decent points.
    Could be right, but I'd be surprised if PG gives up more than 28. PG's defense has the strongest front seven we faced all season. We did have some success with intermediate passing against them. Maybe Melissa will.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Just checked Accuweather. It's going to be 33 degrees at kickoff and fall to 31 by 10 p.m. At least the wind is forecast to be almost nil.

I don't know how big that stadium is in Paris, but I have a feeling there'll be plenty of room.

I hear people saying this is "football weather." No, to me, this is approaching "ice hockey weather."

Wildcat Stadium only seats about 5224 according to Texas Bob. I've been by there many times. It's a nice stadium for sure, but it is a little small, especially on the visitor's side.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Wildcat Stadium only seats about 5224 according to Texas Bob. I've been by there many times. It's a nice stadium for sure, but it is a little small, especially on the visitor's side.

Sheesh. That is small. But it could make for a great atmosphere, if these two teams/communities pack that place out ... which they should. It also ought to help everyone stay warm, being packed in there together like that.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Sheesh. That is small. But it could make for a great atmosphere, if these two teams/communities pack that place out ... which they should. It also ought to help everyone stay warm, being packed in there together like that.
    Agreed. It will certainly help to be in close quarters with others. It will still be cold, but at least the wind won't be blowing very hard. Believe me, up there in the flat lands you feel every MPH.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

It still doesn't look worthy of a PI in my opinion. Oh, well. Like Aesculus says, we held on that series anyway. However, there was a disparity in officiating whether justified or not.

Melissa "might" just win it all (I highly doubt it), but they didn't impress me nearly as much as several teams we've played this season. No excuses, they won, and that's all that matters at this stage.
    Nice backhanded comment... Geez I really thought Gilmer fans were better than y'all are acting... I remember y'all telling Celin a to get over it blah, blah and here y'all are acting thesame way.
    1stand10

Nice backhanded comment... Geez I really thought Gilmer fans were better than y'all are acting... I remember y'all telling Celin a to get over it blah, blah and here y'all are acting thesame way.
    Sorry if it came out that way, but I am entitled to my opinion regardless. You don't have to agree. Nothing backhanded about it. It is what it is.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

By the way, I am over our loss. It's on to next year. I hope you do the same.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    First and last post on this thread. I don't like Melissa, I don't like PG and I don't care who wins.........but I'ma tell you right now....... Unless Melissa can get them Ft Worth officials back in the stadium......PG is gonna blow them out. Put it in 3 inch headlines.
    I told y'all. Every one of you. PG was a bad matchup for Melissa. When I left the stadium last week I told my wife......PG gonna kill them boys........and they did.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I told y'all. Every one of you. PG was a bad matchup for Melissa. When I left the stadium last week I told my wife......PG gonna kill them boys........and they did.
    uhh you said first and last post...then posted again LOL
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    uhh you said first and last post...then posted again LOL
    What I meant was until after the game
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???