View Poll Results: Who wins the re-match

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carthage Bulldogs

11 100.00%
  • Henderson Lions

0 0%

Default Carthage vs Henderson Friday 12/8 7:30 SFA Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches

Who you got?
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

Blog Entries

Carthage by 14. Let’s go dawgs, don’t let us down this year. We’re both on a collision course to meet each other. Teams are not looking ahead, but I am! Take care of business this week and next week. It’s go time!
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Been quiet on discussing Carthage I noticed.

Stranger things have happened, but it would take a serious meltdown for Carthage to lose this week, in my opinion. Henderson may push the Dawgs a bit, but I don't think they'll be able to overcome the relentless Carthage attack for 4 quarters.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Blog Entries

If anyone needs a place to crash or has ny questions regarding the town let me know.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by jbone68 View Post
    Been quiet on discussing Carthage I noticed.
    Nothing really to discuss. We have been blowing teams out since district started. Carthage already beat Henderson by 25, but it could've been 50. We haven't played a decent team yet in the playoffs. Most Carthage fans think this is the best team the Dawgs have ever fielded. But we need to see them tested deep in the playoffs. I'm sure nobody on 3aDL wants to hear how great we think Carthage is, and there is not a team in either division in 4a that could stop their offense. That kinda talk gets old quick. I'm not sure anybody can hang with Carthage. I don't think we will find out this week, but we definitely will find out in the semi-final and final.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs View Post
    Nothing really to discuss. We have been blowing teams out since district started. Carthage already beat Henderson by 25, but it could've been 50. We haven't played a decent team yet in the playoffs. Most Carthage fans think this is the best team the Dawgs have ever fielded. But we need to see them tested deep in the playoffs. I'm sure nobody on 3aDL wants to hear how great we think Carthage is, and there is not a team in either division in 4a that could stop their offense. That kinda talk gets old quick. I'm not sure anybody can hang with Carthage. I don't think we will find out this week, but we definitely will find out in the semi-final and final.
    The Dogs are so good this year they are boring. They will be one of the video streams on Texan Live this week but I probably won't watch ten minutes of it. Next week - different story.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

You will be tested next week provided y'all take care of business this week.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    You will be tested next week provided y'all take care of business this week.
    Agree. Can't wait! The Carthage team or its fans have never shied away from playing the best teams. I have been pretty disappointed in the games this season. I am not the kind of guy who likes to sit through blowouts and watch the 2nd team play in the 3rd quarter. I like to see quality games. Don't get me wrong the 1st halfs have been fun as hell, but the lack of competition is something we are not used to. The 1st half of the Kilgore game, the LE game, and the Gilmer game are the only ones that have even been close.

Agree. Can't wait! The Carthage team or its fans have never shied away from playing the best teams. I have been pretty disappointed in the games this season. I am not the kind of guy who likes to sit through blowouts and watch the 2nd team play in the 3rd quarter. I like to see quality games. Don't get me wrong the 1st halfs have been fun as hell, but the lack of competition is something we are not used to. The 1st half of the Kilgore game, the LE game, and the Gilmer game are the only ones that have even been close.
    Yep, it always made me a little uneasy if we went a long time without being truly tested. It makes you wonder what will happen when you do meet somebody that matches up well with you. I think La Vega will certainly test the Dawgs. They could be the best team left other than Carthage, in my opinion.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

The only team I thought that had a legitimate prayer against Carthage was Argyle. And that was a healthy Argyle, with Copeland. Without him, I thought they'd still make the title game, but I didn't think they'd have enough to beat the Dawgs. Now, I don't know if there's anyone left in the field that can bring Carthage down. La Vega has the athletes to do it. But having the athletes may not be enough.

I am kinda hopping on that Stephenville train, now, though. I don't think they could stack up against Carthage, but it's always fun when the Jackets are good.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

I am glad someone started a thread about the Dawgs. I wanted to, but I think people on the downlow didn’t want to hear about the storm.
    So far the Dawgs have met every challenge and dominated it.
    This week Henderson will be ready to play.
    They have a good QB that makes their offense go and a strong run defense.
    The Dawgs look like Brownwood of 2010 on offense only better.
    In my opinion only, the Dawg defense is the best in 4A.
    (8 defensive touch downs)
    The 3 linebackers and D line have shut down the run and made every QB run for his life.
    The secondary I believe has 20 INT’S.
    With all that said, the Dawgs know they have to keep getting better each week, stay focused, and believe each player will do his job.
    So glad the Ville is back where they belong and I hope we both continue on in the playoffs.
    One game at a time, this week it is Henderson, a district rival, only 25 miles apart. District of Doom going at it again.
    Dawgs 48 Henderson 24.
    Let’s Go Dawgs!!!!
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.
    I pray for no injuries and safe travels.