Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    All-State

wonder what 4A-D1 region 4 looks like, think several schools dropped to div2...

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Don't know what they will do, that's why they're written in pencil....just one of those hard to erase pencils that kind of erase but just not good enough you can write over it without everything looking smudged...

But 3 are 5a, one is 4a d2, 1 is region 2, and the other unlikely to be in district...subject to change based on # of district teams though...

I've talked to several coaches on several teams and all were already "penciling in" schedules. That was in October.

The Brownwood Bulletin, in an interview with Coach Maxfield said in an article today that Brownwood and Wylie plan to play in non-district.

He also said that Brownwood-Stephenville will hopefully happen in non-district if the two are placed in separate districts.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Wylie......it's been a real pleasure, folks. Your school provided all of us in 4A-D1 something to shoot for......to beat those Wyliedawgs, LOL. Y'all were good at every sport, and gave us Argyllians the direction and competition to become better in all things UIL. We proudly salute you and wish you all the success in 5A-D2 that you enjoyed in 4A-D1. Perhaps a few battles with Argyle may still be looming on the horizon in some sports, Huh? Good Luck and See You at the Top Wylie Bulldogs.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 12-06-2017 at 10:00 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Wylie......it's been a real pleasure, folks. Your school provided all of us in 4A-D1 something to shoot for......to beat those Wyliedawgs, LOL. Y'all were good at every sport, and gave us Argyllians the direction and competition to become better in all things UIL. We proudly salute you and wish you all the success in 5A-D2 that you enjoyed in 4A-D1. Perhaps a few battles with Argyle may still be looming on the horizon in some sports, Huh? Good Luck and See You at the Top Wylie Bulldogs.
    Thanks regal! Very classy post from a very classy guy! Y’all will now have to find someone else to battle with year in and year out for the Texas Cup.
    Nothing but respect for Argyle from the Wylie side... don’t be too surprised to see us back down for a couple years next realignment then we’ll be 5A for good after that. Just too much growth on the south side of Abilene. Guess everyone out here wants to be a Wylie Bulldog! Suspect y’all will eventually have the same problem.

All-District
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=scrub c;1936234]wonder what 4A-D1 region 4 looks like, think several schools dropped to div2...[/QUOTE

D-13 still has it's 6, D-14 lost 1- leaves 4, D-15 lost 2, down to 4, and D-16 remained at 5. Gonzales up to 4A-I will fit in D-15, maybe put Burnet and/or Liberty Hill in D-14, pull some teams from North to D-13. Stephenville and Brownwood would fit but don't think can take them out of Region 1 that would deplete that region.

[QUOTE=stardog;1936250]
    Quote Originally Posted by scrub c View Post
    wonder what 4A-D1 region 4 looks like, think several schools dropped to div2...[/QUOTE

D-13 still has it's 6, D-14 lost 1- leaves 4, D-15 lost 2, down to 4, and D-16 remained at 5. Gonzales up to 4A-I will fit in D-15, maybe put Burnet and/or Liberty Hill in D-14, pull some teams from North to D-13. Stephenville and Brownwood would fit but don't think can take them out of Region 1 that would deplete that region.
    Wish EC would move back to Region 4. They were moved there for the 12-13 seasons.
    That way we aren't playing the DOD in the 2nd round every year...

[QUOTE=sk1;1936251]
    Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post

Wish EC would move back to Region 4. They were moved there for the 12-13 seasons.
    I wonder if DOD might be moving back to R1?
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore, Palastine, Center, Bullard, Chapel Hill - This district will change for sure.

Center and Bullard are both falling to 4A Div 2.
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    I guess that would make 13&14 what they are now, or if they move Eastside Memorial into 13...

Wimberley
    Navarro
    Bandera
    Llano
    Austin Eastside Memorial

Devine
    Carrizo Springs
    Pearsall
    Poteet
    Crystal City
    Hondo
    I can see Austin Eastside moving into D10, since Columbus dropped to 3A-D1. And Gonzales moving into D13.
    I bleed turquoise. Little blue and green.

All-American

Not sure where Celina will end up. I could see them going west or east. Should have MUCH more competitive districts in these coming two years, though, that's for sure.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by DogGob View Post
    I can see Austin Eastside moving into D10, since Columbus dropped to 3A-D1. And Gonzales moving into D13.
    That's a good call. I didn't realize that Gonzales had dropped. They really got screwed the last couple of years in alignment.

Would love to have a district mate that doesn't have a track around their field, seeing as how we're probably losing Hondo.

Practice Squad

Replace Brownwood with Burkburnet and Hirschi ... I think Brownwood and Lakeview go south like Brownwood did a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sville View Post
    Stephenville is in place where they could go several directions. We have been in district before with the Waco schools, we have been with west Tarrant County, or out west. Selfishly I would like to see something like:

Decatur
    Mineral Wells
    Brownwood
    Stephenville
    Springtown

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    That's a good call. I didn't realize that Gonzales had dropped. They really got screwed the last couple of years in alignment.

Would love to have a district mate that doesn't have a track around their field, seeing as how we're probably losing Hondo.
    No one should have to have multi re-alignments with Eastside either. Them and LaGrange can get after it.
    I bleed turquoise. Little blue and green.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ahs_indian_fan View Post
    Replace Brownwood with Burkburnet and Hirschi ... I think Brownwood and Lakeview go south like Brownwood did a few years ago.
    I just don't think that would happen. The problem if you did that, where would you put Big Spring?

All-American

[QUOTE=sk1;1936251]
    Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post

I'd rather play them than Silsbee any day. Silsbee has some sort of voodoo goin on when we play them.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.