Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Cool Argyle vs Stephenville: Region 1 Division 1 Semifinal

These two storied football teams have never met before, but will finally meet next Friday night in Aledo at Bearkat Stadium. Kickoff will be at 7 pm and it should be a good one folks. The Yellowjackets fans travel very heavily and bring those noisy propane tanks with BB's to the games.....so they will be there enmasse. I look for a BIG turnout in this one from the Argyle faithful......the trip to Aledo is only 45-50 minutes. GO EAGLES!!
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Without Copeland I'll go with Argyle by 21....

All-American

Argyle 49 Ville 28.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

I don't think Aledo is 100% yet. It wasn't as of 830 anyways.

Letterman

It will be played in Mansfield at 7pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Varsity

Mansfield or Aledo? Argyle radio said Aledo as well as the Booster Club Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Mansfield or Aledo? Argyle radio said Aledo as well as the Booster Club Facebook page.
    They both wanted aledo, but aledo stadium only available if aledo isn'tplaying Friday. If they are, then it's Mansfield.

Stephenville news outlets reporting Mansfield Friday at 7:30. I'll confirm once I get a confirmation.
    Last edited by jason; 11-25-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Letterman

Mansfield Newsom (capacity 10,000+) is my favorite outdoor stadium. Seating in the middle on the home side will go fast. Get there soon.

CONFIRMED

Friday, 7pm @ Mansfield
    Argyle home, Stephenville visitor

Argyle won coin flip for home/visitor and wanted 7pm.

Presale $4/$6
    $8 at gate

Practice Squad

Argyle 49-17

Junior Varsity

Thanks Jason

All-American
    Blog Entries

I think this matchup will be closer than most fans and posters think. Stephenville is playing like a whole different animal in the playoffs and looks like they have pretty good team chemistry too. The Yellowjackets have a good qb at the helm, and excellent rb, good lines on both sides of the ball, and a very stout defense. You look at Argyle and see the same thing.....so where's the big discrepancy, Huh???
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Both teams score quite few points and are stingy on defense. There's really no point comparing the numbers.....they are close enough vs the schedules played. I tend to lean to Argyle's depth at the skill positions a little more on the offensive side.....but looks like it's really close position by position. Clearman at qb for Argyle has clearly(pardon the adjective) shown he's very capable of leading this Eagles team offensively. His accuracy and qb rating is very high.....he also poses a threat to tuck it and run when pressured. He's got loads of atheticism and speed.....so I don't see the qb position as being an advantage for Stephenville......Jones is a very good passer with great stats also, but I call it even at this position. I like Williams and Lang for Argyle at rb vs Nowak for Stephenville. Nowak may be more explosive, but Argyle's tandem gives different styles to defend against......and both are very fast thru the hole and in the open field. The one place I think Argyle may actually have a distinct advantage in talent and personnel over Stephenville is the secondary. This could be problematic for the Yellowjackets in the passing game and in handling Argyle's pass rush. I give the edge to Argyle in this game by about 10 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I think this matchup will be closer than most fans and posters think. Stephenville is playing like a whole different animal in the playoffs and looks like they have pretty good team chemistry too. The Yellowjackets have a good qb at the helm, and excellent rb, good lines on both sides of the ball, and a very stout defense. You look at Argyle and see the same thing.....so where's the big discrepancy, Huh???
    coaching, by a wide margin

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    coaching, by a wide margin
    Unfortunately, it's the players that play the game.....and they are apt to make mistakes at times that all the good coaching in the world cannot prevent. I agree with you that Argyle has the coaching advantage here.....but the games are won on the field by the players executing the plays. In big games, it can come down to big plays or big mistakes and not coaching. The coaches can do only so much to get their team to this point in the season.....then it's up to the players when they play the game. Preparation is certainly a big big consideration and requirement, and sometimes during the course of the game some coaching adjustments make a big difference.......but more often it is the plays and mistakes the players make on the field in the battle that makes the difference in the outcome.