Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-Final Info

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    There's what 2 teams north of Waco in Region IV? They both just happen to be better than just about everyone else lol
    That whole district has no business in R4. No comment on the rotation?

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    That whole district has no business in R4. No comment on the rotation?
    I've always been for a state title game rotation and have gone on record as such...

And there is a case for that Region being Region III and 12-4A D1 being Region IV but it is what it is...

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    I've always been for a state title game rotation and have gone on record as such...

And there is a case for that Region being Region III and 12-4A D1 being Region IV but it is what it is...
    Yup, it is what it is -ridiculous.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    Why am I NOT surprised to see that DII, Reg 3 & 4 are the only ones undecided
    Wimberley and Cuero have both played WOS before. Both games were in the west side of Houston (Katy, Spring Branch). No reason to think that will change.

Also no reason to think Salado will beat WOS.

Numbers and money talk, the UIL played the SC games in Houston 2 years ago and the attendance wasn't even close to what we have at ATT.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Sville View Post
    Numbers and money talk, the UIL played the SC games in Houston 2 years ago and the attendance wasn't even close to what we have at ATT.
    That was on short notice after the Dallas crowd dumped in their nest. Give NRG two or three years in a row like ATT then talk about attendance. I see where some Dallas area kids have to fork over 2 or 3 hundred to play. I guess when you are in bed with a greedy NFL owner you find out it aint free. Somebody has to pay.

All-American

That was on short notice after the Dallas crowd dumped in their nest. Give NRG two or three years in a row like ATT then talk about attendance. I see where some Dallas area kids have to fork over 2 or 3 hundred to play. I guess when you are in bed with a greedy NFL owner you find out it aint free. Somebody has to pay.

Someone's got a case of the Wednesday's.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Sville View Post
    So fairness shouldn't enter into the decision making process. In my mind it should be more important than making money. Do you think the UIL's primary goal should be making money?

Is there not an inherent advantage for teams that don't have to endure a 4 to 6 hour bus ride?

All-District

This is just ignorance. For all the bad stuff you can say about Jerry, he is a huge supporter of HS football. He has always provided his venues at cost.

The "short notice" part is hilarious, too.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    So fairness shouldn't enter into the decision making process. In my mind it should be more important than making money. Do you think the UIL's primary goal should be making money?

Is there not an inherent advantage for teams that don't have to endure a 4 to 6 hour bus ride?
    Nobody cares about a long bus ride if we're talking about Cowboys Stadium. My town's team has played for state in Waco (2 hours away) and Jerryworld (4.5 hours away). We brought twice the crowd to Jerryworld, even though it was a Friday afternoon game.

Playing in Cowboys Stadium is special. That's why it draws bigger crowds, and that's why it should be the permanent host.

All-District

Here is information that the UIL puts out on its website describing their goals.

I see the term "equitable" used more than once. They also mention something about not allowing UIL participants to be exploited. No where do I see profit mentioned as one of their goals.

In fact, I believe they are a non-profit organization.

http://www.uiltexas.org/about

Blog Entries

Majority of the State Championship qualifying teams are not from far south Texas. So why does it even matter? Until South Texas can produce State Championship teams, maybe they will consider a different venue.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-District

In fact, I believe they are a non-profit organization.

http://www.uiltexas.org/about
    Yeah, so is the NCAA. "Non-profit" doesn't mean they don't try to maximize revenue.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    This is just ignorance. For all the bad stuff you can say about Jerry, he is a huge supporter of HS football. He has always provided his venues at cost.

The "short notice" part is hilarious, too.
    The ignorance is your believing that manure. And if you don't understand the short notice situation do some research.

All-District

The ignorance is your believing that manure. And if you don't understand the short notice situation do some research.
    You. Are. Ignorant. Hopefully this will help:

The mistake that forced the University Interscholastic League's 2015 state football championships to find a new home turned out to be a costly one.
    Records obtained by the Dallas Morning News show that the UIL was charged nearly a half-million dollars for use of Houston's NRG Stadium for the three-day event. The contract shows that SMG, the manager of NRG Park (which is owned and leased by Harris County), charged the UIL a usage fee of $495,000.
    For perspective, in the league's 2014 agreement with Cowboys Stadium L.P., the UIL was charged $150,000 for four days at AT&T Stadium; the 2015 six-man state championships were moved from the central site location back to Abilene's Shotwell Stadium, after a conflict with the Houston Texans' schedule.
    Even when factoring in a "ticket sales bonus" in the AT&T Stadium agreement, charging 10 percent of gross revenues if ticket sales hit certain benchmarks, the change in venue was net loss for the league.
    Further compounding the UIL's loss was poor attendance in Houston. Final attendance figures showed that crowds were down 94,509 over the three-day event, from 250,652 in 2014 to 156,413 in 2015.
    The league was ready to exercise a one-year option in its agreement with AT&T Stadium, until a conflict with the Cowboys' schedule forced the UIL look for a new venue in April. Only two other venues in the state meet the league's requirements for state championships: NRG Stadium or San Antonio's Alamodome.
    Plans for next year's state title games are underway, according to UIL deputy director Jamey Harrison. The league has expressed interest in securing a long-term deal, perhaps involving all three sites in some fashion.
    If you need it summarized, Jerry was charging the UIL $150K (and that was literally because it costs $50K/day to run the lights). The UIL got charged $495K by the NRG people.

Who's the greedy NFL owner?

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/hig...hip-costly-one