View Poll Results: Who Continues on the road to Arlington?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberty Hill Panthers

8 27.59%
  • Waco La Vega Pirates

21 72.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I’m not from LV, but you Barney’s are killing me with the “Waco” in front of LV. It’s not as big a “sin” as the dreaded “s” at the end of CS, but it still grates.

Ok, I got that out of my system, thanks for listening.

BTW, my opinion, I give a slight edge to LV, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see LH win it in a squeaker.

Safe travels to all!!
    That's okay LH is slowly becoming Leander.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    That's okay LH is slowly becoming Leander.
    No, Liberty Hill is much nicer than Leander, we are more somewhere between Lake Travis and Cedar Park with some Country still mixed in as a better comparison. Better schools and better athletics. I wish I could freeze the growth. Keeping it not to big and not to small, but thats not going to happen.
    Last edited by LHPfactory; 12-04-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-District

Im getting old,but I still shoot straight
    Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    Again,
    LV never let off the gas by any means, LV was only up 19-10 going into the 4th quarter, its crazy to say they let off the gas midway through the 3rd quarter, because the 4th was their biggest scoring quarter ie: LV= Q1=6, Q2=6, Q3=7, Q4=14.

Numbers tell the truth...

Watch where you are aiming that Bow Solocam, your eyesight deceives you....lol

My take, is I am confident we beat La Vega if:
    1) We dont shoot ourselves in the foot with turn overs or penalties (12 penalties last week vs China Spring and still won, but cant dot this vs LV as we paid or it over and over in the redzone last time)
    2) Eliminate the 3rd Quarter Lull.
    3) Continue on our Defenses trajectory of improvement.

We do these three things and we will go all the way, if so this will be the best team we have fielded in 10 years, everyone keeps picking against them, thats fine, they never quit so they always have a chance.

Yes, Coach Walker will have a great plan. The team will have to execute it with relentless resolve and play very disciplined to win this week and the following.
    It is easy to say if we get rid of everything that we do bad we will win the game. If nothing goes wrong that is exactly what is supposed to happen. La Vega has had LH's number for the past 3 years and there has to be a shift in how the game is played if LH wants to win. The players can't be perfect so it comes down to want to. That is going to be LH's chance to win this football game.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by LH2AG View Post
    It is easy to say if we get rid of everything that we do bad we will win the game. If nothing goes wrong that is exactly what is supposed to happen. La Vega has had LH's number for the past 3 years and there has to be a shift in how the game is played if LH wants to win. The players can't be perfect so it comes down to want to. That is going to be LH's chance to win this football game.
    Refer to the second half of the quote, I never said we have to be perfect, just perfect effort. These young men have the heart and want to, now its a matter of eliminating the drive killing mistakes that get us behind the chains.

PS: La Vega has only lost 1 game in the past 3 years and that was because of penalties and mistakes on LVs part while playing China Spring. In the region finals no doubt. So reality is La Vega has had everyones number for the past 3 years, they are that good. But I absolutely believe our young men will win this Friday.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LH2AG View Post
    I'm certain the "want to" is there. Now to see if it translates to the field. I've got a feeling (oooh hooo) about this team and have all year. They have found their down deep fight and never give up attitude. Win or lose, I'm so proud of them.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-District

Hoping LV wins this one. Every Dawg fan I have talked to wants LV after they woodshedded Carthage last time. LH woodshedded a Surratt coached team in 2007 too. So I guess it's a win win for Carthage. Good luck to both teams. Should be a heck of a game.

All-American

Good luck to LH!

All-District
    Blog Entries

LHP - The Hill used another cat life last Friday night. Will they need another one this Friday night ? You have only 2 left.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    LHP - The Hill used another cat life last Friday night. Will they need another one this Friday night ? You have only 2 left.
    What happened to 9 lives? You using that Burnet math?

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    What hap nopened to 9 lives? You using that Burnet math?
    LHP said last week - had enough to get to finals - that meant 3 - told him Hill needed 4 to win out - used 1 last Friday night !!!

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    LHP said last week - had enough to get to finals - that meant 3 - told him Hill needed 4 to win out - used 1 last Friday night !!!
    The LH Panthers have the heart and enough lives to go the distance. I dont doubt our players or coaches.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by LH Panther Mom View Post
    I'm certain the "want to" is there. Now to see if it translates to the field. I've got a feeling (oooh hooo) about this team and have all year. They have found their down deep fight and never give up attitude. Win or lose, I'm so proud of them.
    Well said, everyone has picked aginst these young men in the big games all season. My Son had one of his team mates over for dinner after practice last night and I asked them how they felt about the game and his friend said he believes with every fiber of his being we are going to win. They have no doubt, thats the winning mindset.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

PS: La Vega has only lost 1 game in the past 3 years and that was because of penalties and mistakes on LVs part while playing China Spring. In the region finals no doubt. So reality is La Vega has had everyones number for the past 3 years, they are that good. But I absolutely believe our young men will win this Friday.
    It had nothing to do with China Spring's defense last year.... No not at all...

Blog Entries

Well said, everyone has picked aginst these young men in the big games all season. My Son had one of his team mates over for dinner after practice last night and I asked them how they felt about the game and his friend said he believes with every fiber of his being we are going to win. They have no doubt, thats the winning mindset.
    Factory, its important to recognize that many of us from LH are not picking against them, but we do recognize the deficiencies as compared to the teams they face, when they are present and bring them up to discuss. Simply pointing those out as areas for improvement for continued success does not constitute picking against them.

Teams or players that go into a game doubting their chances for success are not likely to win. Fans on the other hand get to sit back a dissect, evaluate, prognosticate, and something else_ate all we want. I truly hope LH walks away Friday evening with a victory, but I also understand there is always someone bigger, badder, and more athletic that wants to take that opportunity away.
    You Talking to Me?