View Poll Results: Who Continues on the road to Arlington?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberty Hill Panthers

8 27.59%
  • Waco La Vega Pirates

21 72.41%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Couldn't have said it any better panfan.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    Factory, its important to recognize that many of us from LH are not picking against them, but we do recognize the deficiencies as compared to the teams they face, when they are present and bring them up to discuss. Simply pointing those out as areas for improvement for continued success does not constitute picking against them.

Teams or players that go into a game doubting their chances for success are not likely to win. Fans on the other hand get to sit back a dissect, evaluate, prognosticate, and something else_ate all we want. I truly hope LH walks away Friday evening with a victory, but I also understand there is always someone bigger, badder, and more athletic that wants to take that opportunity away.
    I was primarily talking about the polls and associated press picking against them. It was 2-1 in favor of China Spring across the board both times and its about 4-1 in the La Vega polls. Yes, also some of the LH folk are too and thats fine, thats what this board is for. As for me, I have always had the mindset you will have to beat me before I will concede even the notion you can, I carry the same sentiment toward these young men that I spent lots of years with when they were youth.

My big disagreement was about LV letting off the gas and putting in subs in the 3rd. I checked hudl and the only 2 who were put in on Defense, 1 for a series in the 3rd quarter and 1 in the 4th. They were put in to relieve players who were getting brutalized the whole game, litterally pounded.

Me not agreeing with an assessment, is also part of the discussion. I dont think you will find anyone more in tune and informed about this team than me, other than their coaches that is.
    Last edited by LHPfactory; 12-06-2017 at 04:54 PM.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    I was primarily talking about the polls and associated press picking against them. It was 2-1 in favor of China Spring across the board both times and its about 4-1 in the La Vega polls. Yes, also some of the LH folk are too and thats fine, thats what this board is for. As for me, I have always had the mindset you will have to beat me before I will concede even the notion you can, I carry the same sentiment toward these young men that I spent lots of years with when they were youth.

My big disagreement was about LV letting off the gas and putting in subs in the 3rd. I checked hudl and the only 2 who were put in on Defense, 1 for a series in the 3rd quarter and 1 in the 4th. They were put in to relieve players who were getting brutalized the whole game, litterally pounded.

Me not agreeing with an assessment, is also part of the discussion. I dont think you will find anyone more in tune and informed about this team than me, other than their coaches that is.
    As someone that was in your same position several years ago it is hard to be objective, specially when you are dealing with kids you have worked with for a long time.

All-American

Sounds like the LH defense did all they could. I’m sure by the 4th they were exhausted. Congrats on a great year!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    Sounds like the LH defense did all they could. I’m sure by the 4th they were exhausted. Congrats on a great year!
    Yep, too big, too fast. It was a great run while it lasted.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Yep, too big, too fast. It was a great run while it lasted.
    I didn't see any LH players go out with injuries, but they put some hurt on LV. LV had 3 or4 players come out injured. 2nd qt - #54 came out -leg/knee - 3rd qt #6 out -back - 4th qt #6 out again -back - 4th #44 or was #54 again out leg/knee - late 4th #15 playing but limping- came out looking at his ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    I didn't see any LH players go out with injuries, but they put some hurt on LV. LV had 3 or4 players come out injured. 2nd qt - #54 came out -leg/knee - 3rd qt #6 out -back - 4th qt #6 out again -back - 4th #44 or was #54 again out leg/knee - late 4th #15 playing but limping- came out looking at his ankle.
    "They won but we hurt them" Stupid post. And what is even more stupid is that all of those are very easily non contact injuries.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    "They won but we hurt them" Stupid post. And what is even more stupid is that all of those are very easily non contact injuries.
    I think what he is saying is LH gave em a tough hard fought game. And we did. Good luck to LV going forward.

All-District
    Blog Entries

I think what he is saying is LH gave em a tough hard fought game. And we did. Good luck to LV going forward.
    Should have said they had some INJURIES. Could hurt them against Carthage. I guess if your for La Vega you read it different. I hope they are minor and they will be ready for Carthage.

This may not be a very popular post, but it seemed to me that most of the LV injuries coincided with missing their assignment. On the extra point try for 2 which was successful 2 LV players went down and rolled around for a while.
    Unless I'm mistaken both played after that within a few minutes.Number 6 went out at least 3 times and came back within a few plays but he played both ways.
    It looked like he was trying to keep from completely being ineffective.

All-District
    Blog Entries

LA VEGA VS LIBERTY HILL STATS

Rushing
    LV - 45 for 391 yds - #1- 10 for 54, #5- 1 for 3, #6- 8 for 67 - 2TDs, #17- 15 for 144 - 2 TDs, #22- 11 for 123
    LH - 47 for 205 yds - #10- 25 for 169 - 2 TDs, #16- 9 for 19, #41- 8 for 14, #46- 9 for 19

Passing
    LV - 7 of 11 for 42 yds
    LH - 0 of 2 for 0 yds

TOTALS
    LV -- 433 yds
    LH -- 205 yds

First Downs
    LV -- 19
    LH -- 10

TURNOVERS LOST
    LV -- 1 of 1 fumble
    LH -- 0

SACKS AGAINST
    LV -- 1 for -6 yds
    LH -- 2 for -10 yds

PENALTIES
    LV -- 8 for 60 yds
    LH -- 3 for 30 yds

DOWN CONV.
    LV -- 3rd - 4 of 9, 4th - 1 of 2
    LH -- 3rd - 4 of 10, 4th - 0 of 4

LH -- 1 45 yd FG

All-State

The LV defense is very sound, it made the difference, The best D in 4A this year. I hope they win state.

LH and China Spring had the closest margin to LV all season, 10 points and held them to their 2 lowest scores all season, LH had the 2nd Highest points scored against the LV Defense 2 times this season... That District 13 is the SEC of 4A.

For a team that only had a few returning starters, went through a coaching transition, and installed a completely new defensive scheme, LH Panthers did fantastic,.
    I have watched LHHS football for about 15 years and I dont recall a tougher play off schedule between this year and 2006.
    These boys always had a shot because they play with heart and dedication, they had a double digit win column, nothing to be ashamed of.

I hear the off season is going to be like no other. This coupled with the fact that we will be getting back most our Offense and half of our Defense, along with some excellent players coming up from a 9-1 JV and Undefeated Freshmen team has me real OPTIMISTIC about next fall.
    What me, Optimistic?...lol

PS: We will miss the class of 2018, Way to finish well!!!
    Last edited by LHPfactory; 12-10-2017 at 03:06 PM.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂!!!