Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephenville Yellow Jackets

15 65.22%
  • WF Hirschi Huskies

8 34.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

For what it's worth - Stephenville and Hirschi have several common opponents...

Stephenville has beaten 7 teams with records of .500 or better.
    Hirschi has 4 wins with 2 of those being vs Decatur.

Hirschi Highlights vs. Decatur

http://www.hudl.com/v/28PNTH
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    For what it's worth - Stephenville and Hirschi have several common opponents...

Stephenville has beaten 7 teams with records of .500 or better.
    Hirschi has 4 wins with 2 of those being vs Decatur.

Stephenville seems to have the SOS advantage.........but the opponents they have in common seem to, score wise anyway, favor WFH.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Krece Nowak highlights vs. Argyle, http://www.hudl.com/v/28PQmL
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Sville View Post
    These two teams have met 7 times with Sville winning 4. Hirshci won 3 in the 70's when they had a 4 year home and home non-district contests. The Jackets have won the last 3 all in playoffs and all in the 90's, 99,98, and 90.

Two of the Jackets are closing in on some stat milestones. Nowak needs 227 yards to break the single season rushing record and Jones needs 222 yards to move into 3rd place on the career passing yards record for Stephenville.

TBH I don't know alto about the Huskies other than they have some outstanding skill players. I believe the Jackets will win the LOS and thus the game.
    The passing stats I had were wrong, I was missing two games. Jones actually has 7315 career passing yards. That is good enough for 2nd place for career passing in Sville history.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

The passing stats I had were wrong, I was missing two games. Jones actually has 7315 career passing yards. That is good enough for 2nd place for career passing in Sville history.
    In your opinion, how would that list look, had k briles stayed his senior year?

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

All-State

I believe SVill wins, as long as there is no let off after the big win last week that is.
    There is no easy Road to Arlington in 4A-D1, this year is brutal.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    In your opinion, how would that list look, had k briles stayed his senior year?
    I think he would of been in the top 5. He had 3115 his JR year. If Briles would of stayed for KB's SR year I suspect he would of had somewhere between 3500-4k, and Sville would of won their 3rd on a row and 5th SC.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

Blog Entries

Impressive and to think he didn’t play the first 2 1/2 games this season. I would imagine that he would have at least another 1,000 yards passing had he not injured his arm in June. Glad to see him back to 100% and playing with more confidence than ever before.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    Impressive and to think he didn’t play the first 2 1/2 games this season. I would imagine that he would have at least another 1,000 yards passing had he not injured his arm in June. Glad to see him back to 100% and playing with more confidence than ever before.
    Jones is also now first in Jacket history with 508 completions and 856 attempts and counting. He also has 68 career TD passes currently sitting in 4th place behind Snead 69, TJones 77, & Luker 78.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

All-American

Rooting to Ville in this one though I don't think you'll need it. Ville's D is good enough to limit WFH's opportunities and I don't think their D can stop you guys. Ville by 14. Next week will be a litmus test.

I will not go against the Ville after the win against Argyle. The key will be to slow Foster down.
    The Trashman

You won’t completely stop Foster but the Ville D can slow him down. I think Ville’s offensive and defensive lines are probably the best Graham saw all year with Sweetwater being a close 2nd. This game is will be won up front with the big boys and Ville wins that battle. I have been rooting for them all year except when they played Graham. There’s a pretty special kid on this team that my family thinks a lot of. His Mom is smiling ear to ear in heaven watching these boys make a run!! Give me the Ville by 10!

Stephenville wins the LOS decisively, 40-20 Jackets.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

All-American
    Blog Entries

I think Stephenville wins this one.....but not without playing some very good football. Hirschi can be explosive and has a very good defense. I think this game will be up in the air.....hard to predict. Hirschi definitely has a chance to win this one.....they've got the athletes for it......IF the ball bounces their way. Stephenville will come prepared and has the skill players on offense to score......and a very good defense. Vrana, Foster, et al for Hirschi will need to play outstanding to win this one, IMHO. I don't see a game any more than 14 pts. difference here, but it could be tighter......just depends on how the ball bounces.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.