Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephenville Yellow Jackets

15 65.22%
  • WF Hirschi Huskies

8 34.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default 4A D1 Region 1 Final -Stephenville Yellow Jackets (11-2) vs WF Hirschi Huskies (11-2)

Here we go! This is going to be another match up of unfamiliar territory for Stephenville this season. Hirschi’s Foster has had a breakout year . He’s a very good RB who has been tough to slow down for any team. Argyle was able to contain him. For Hirschi, this will be the best defense they have faced all season. The Jackets are playing lights out on defense while the offense is continuing to gain steam.

Who ya got?
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American

For Brownwood Dallas Huston called it right at the start of the game. Brownwood VS Foster University. The young man is a sight to see but I think Stephenville has a defense that can slow him down. We were up 28-21 at the half despite him. The momentum shifted in the second half along with some play calls.

Go Ville....

All-American

I think Ville takes this one... maybe more comfortably than most think. 35–21 Ville.

Blog Entries

I’m initially predicting a 42-21 final in favor of Stephenville. I may change my mind later in the week.

STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    I’m initially predicting a 42-21 final in favor of Stephenville. I may change my mind later in the week.
    Hollywood it is good to have the Ville back in the hunt, I have always wanted to see a game between the Dawgs and the Ville.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    Hollywood it is good to have the Ville back in the hunt, I have always wanted to see a game between the Dawgs and the Ville.
    I agree cowboy! Let’s have faith that both will take care of business each week. Until then, wish the Dawgs the best. Would love to see a Ville vs Dawgs State Final.

STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Just a touch of reality everyone. If you look at the poll on here. There is virtually no body from Wichita Falls on the downlow unfortunately. But not to take anything away from everybody else's opinion. This game maybe the game of the week. And I have to hold my head up and put my chest out because I'm proud that both of these teams made it. Because it makes Graham look even that much better. Plus I respect both of these teams immensely. I've always liked Stephenville and the game we played against Wichita Falls was definitely an eye-opener. I didn't expect to see what I seen and I was sure glad to see it. As I am a high school football fan first and enjoy a good game. Finally whoever wins this game I am going to back cordially with all the fandom that I can muster. So good luck to both teams. I will enjoy keeping up with this game.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

These two teams have met 7 times with Sville winning 4. Hirshci won 3 in the 70's when they had a 4 year home and home non-district contests. The Jackets have won the last 3 all in playoffs and all in the 90's, 99,98, and 90.

Two of the Jackets are closing in on some stat milestones. Nowak needs 227 yards to break the single season rushing record and Jones needs 222 yards to move into 3rd place on the career passing yards record for Stephenville.

TBH I don't know alto about the Huskies other than they have some outstanding skill players. I believe the Jackets will win the LOS and thus the game.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

I will sort of be a stat Ambassador for Wichita Falls. Their biggest stat leader is Foster number 5 he has rushed for 3139 yards and has 48 touchdowns. Quarterback is number 17. I can't pronounce his name or even spell it as I use voice text and I'm too lazy to type it. He has passed for 2154 yards 23 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Number 55 on defense interior lineman. he's there big boy on the line. he gets all the attention. he has like 20 D1 schools after him he plugs it up pretty good. He is the Undisputed leader of the team.

Go Steers!

Junior Varsity

I've followed this Hirschi bunch for several years, through sub-varsity and now varsity seasons. The have several D1 offers on the table, and they are much more disciplined than past teams. The key, obviously, is tackling Foster. Not an easy task, but I think the Jackets can handle it. I wonder how well Stephenville will move the ball. If the RB is right, I think the Jackets will win a close one.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CP3Dad View Post
    but I think the Jack If the RB is right, I think the Jackets will win a close one.
    Post game interview coach said they were as healthy as you can be this time of year.

Jacket defense has been ball hawks this year with 31 turnovers, 12 fumbles recovered and 19 INT's, 38 sacks and 96 total TFL. Argyle had been avg. 52 pts per game Jackets held them to 28 and giving up 20 on avg. Several of those points have been in mop up time. The offense has really peaked at the right time with the passing attack becoming better each week opening things up for Nowak even more.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

Blog Entries

I’ve talked with many Jacket faithfull and they all agree that this has a 2012 feel to it. Once the playoffs were here, this team has risen to a high level of play. Cranked the dial up a few notches so to speak. They are not the same team we all saw in pre-district or even in the first part of district. I believe some of it has to do with Jones getting back in form and playing with confidence. That generates confidence across the entire team.

STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Yeah I think this game come down to the Ville D... If they do the job we all know they can do. I think Jackets win. Hirschi has an above average D and they do get better as the game goes on. Both teams need to not underestimated the opponent. Focus and discipline will play a big part as well.

Go Steers!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    I will sort of be a stat Ambassador for Wichita Falls. Their biggest stat leader is Foster number 5 he has rushed for 3139 yards and has 48 touchdowns. Quarterback is number 17. I can't pronounce his name or even spell it as I use voice text and I'm too lazy to type it. He has passed for 2154 yards 23 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Number 55 on defense interior lineman. he's there big boy on the line. he gets all the attention. he has like 20 D1 schools after him he plugs it up pretty good. He is the Undisputed leader of the team.

Those are some eye popping numbers!!!
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???