Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jimbo headed to A&M

Jimbo Fisher leaving for A&M job, won't coach Florida State Saturday
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...tate-saturday/

Been keeping my mouth shut because I had a feeling he was just going to use A&M to get a raise and stay at FSU, but....... wow....

And the contract.... rumored 10 years at 7.5MM/yr.....

These are desperate times, desperate times indeed. lol
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Meh, a&m is just proving that they’re willing to fork out to try to win.

I think it’s too much but I can’t fault them for trying.

Today, jimbo fisher is reportedly close to adding Tim Brewster to his coaching staff, trying to snatch him away from Tom Herman and the longhorns who are heavily pursuing him. That will have a big impact recruiting wise....
    Last edited by Saggy Aggie; 12-02-2017 at 11:59 AM.

All-American

A lost cause hire

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    A lost cause hire
    Aggie got their settled, old Mack Brown hire. Unreal they hire an older coach who was 3-5 and 6th in the ACC this year, with not near the drive of the past. But no, that sounds about right for where aggy ends up in SEC standings every year. And willing to pay $7.5 million a year for that? Only aggy could think with such stupidity & lack of fiscal responsibility. Break the bank dummies. Laughable.

Again, so fiscally stupid & irresponsible. What the hell are they thinking? On top of the $10.4 million they had to pay Sumlin to walk away, they also put out $7 million to pay off Jimbo's assistants. That crap is just not sustainable & typical of aggy irresponsibility. Just beyond dumb. An out of control spending school without ethics... well it’s called an out of control spending school without ethics. They act like they are their own country. LOL!! What a great fall is coming. Financially for sure.

Plus, they get a guy with low ethics. See how he handled Jameis Winston fiascos if you need proof. He will also cheat like crazy in recruiting. Can you say NCAA probation for ags in the future? He will not hide that crap in Texas, and plenty will be watching.

Not one bit concerned by that hire & will be fun to watch aggy hollar & cry over mediocrity while paying off that $75 million dollar salary. So dumb in so many ways. Aggy gonna aggy. I laugh.
    Last edited by bigcountry; 12-02-2017 at 04:11 PM.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Note: saggy used the words TRY and TRYING !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
    Aggie got their settled, old Mack Brown hire. Unreal they hire an older coach who was 3-5 and 6th in the ACC this year, with not near the drive of the past. But no, that sounds about right for where aggy ends up in SEC standings every year. And willing to pay $7.5 million a year for that? Only aggy could think with such stupidity & lack of fiscal responsibility. Break the bank dummies. Laughable.

Again, so fiscally stupid & irresponsible. What the hell are they thinking? On top of the $10.4 million they had to pay Sumlin to walk away, they also put out $7 million to pay off Jimbo's assistants. That crap is just not sustainable & typical of aggy irresponsibility. Just beyond dumb. An out of control spending school without ethics... well it’s called an out of control spending school without ethics. They act like they are their own country. LOL!! What a great fall is coming. Financially for sure.

Plus, they get a guy with low ethics. See how he handled Jameis Winston fiascos if you need proof. He will also cheat like crazy in recruiting. Can you say NCAA probation for ags in the future? He will not hide that crap in Texas, and plenty will be watching.

Not one bit concerned by that hire & will be fun to watch aggy hollar & cry over mediocrity while paying off that $75 million dollar salary. So dumb in so many ways. Aggy gonna aggy. I laugh.
    Wouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house, and I'm a Longhorn fan

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTexas Lobo View Post
    Wow... really? This thread is about A&M hire, not a Texas thread. I am well aware of our issues & want them corrected & soon. You must be quite the Longhorn fan. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTexas Lobo View Post
    Lol, here we have an intelligent longhorn fan. There are many, just not on TXDL.

Junior Varsity

I stand by everything I said above about the Jimbo Fisher hire. Return back, in say 5-8 years, and I’ll tell you “I told you so” while aggy is trying to get out of two predicaments, incredible debt, & NCAA sanctions, while still trying to figure out where the championships are. Let it play out.

Junior Varsity

Long before this hire I thought he was a sleazy, unethical coach. Not surprised he would be at aggy now, considering their track record of sleaze (Jackie Sherrill sound familiar & probation?).

And to get an idea of Jimbo’s ethics, he shows absolutely no concern for his current players, by not even communicating to them anything... because he had his eyes dazzled by a school out of control and offering an audacious $75 million dollar contract. Money over the players who have sweated for you all year, that you can’t at least communicate what you are possibly planning? Yeah, that sounds like the college football world of today. He leaves FSU, takes the $75 million & doesn’t even have the decency to meet with his players, much less even text them?

Take note future aggy recruits, his ethics are what they are... take it or leave it, but the guy is more about Jimbo.
    Last edited by bigcountry; 12-03-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Meh, bunch of unsubstantiated claims.

If A&M BoR think they can afford the contract, then it doesn’t really matter what some UT wannabe hillbilly thinks.

I’m not overjoyed by the hire like some of my friends, but I can applaud the effort anyways.

Blog Entries

"He will likely cheat in recruiting"

What a da comment.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
    Long before this hire I thought he was a sleazy, unethical coach. Not surprised he would be at aggy now, considering their track record of sleaze (Jackie Sherrill sound familiar & probation?).

And to get an idea of Jimbo’s ethics, he shows absolutely no concern for his current players, by not even communicating to them anything... because he had his eyes dazzled by a school out of control and offering an audacious $75 million dollar contract. Money over the players who have sweated for you all year, that you can’t at least communicate what you are possibly planning? Yeah, that sounds like the college football world of today. He leaves FSU, takes the $75 million & doesn’t even have the decency to meet with his players, much less even text them?

Take note future aggy recruits, his ethics are what they are... take it or leave it, but the guy is more about Jimbo.
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs