Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American

I think He will play Fullback at college-QB at high school

Is he fast, too? His size is like a LB/DL hybrid.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    I think He will play Fullback at college-QB at high school
    Tight End

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow22 View Post
    At 6'4, 250lbs...

I doubt he plays safety.
    I have only seen him play once, but i didnt think he was nearly fast enough to play a skill position at Alabama. He's a good player but I'm having a hard time picturing exactly where hes going to be playing

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I have only seen him play once, but i didnt think he was nearly fast enough to play a skill position at Alabama. He's a good player but I'm having a hard time picturing exactly where hes going to be playing

I hope he won't be playing against a bunch of little guy's like Gunter had, they ate him up. I really do not think he will end up at Alabama.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by cards4me View Post
    I hope he won't be playing against a bunch of little guy's like Gunter had, they ate him up. I really do not think he will end up at Alabama.

HE has an offer from Bama and has committed, what makes you think he won't go there?

Also, for those wondering how fast he was, he's a Legit 4.7...Yes at 240 Lbs. He can run away from people as well.

All-State

Go back and watch the game on Youtube....Gunter was big upfront. They had some small skill kids yes, but upfront they were good enough to play with an 3a-4a DII team in the State.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/v...ide-recruiting

Alabama has added a commitment from one of the most versatile recruits in the 2018 class in Vernon Jackson.

Jackson, a 3-star athlete from Boling (Texas) High School, committed to Alabama over TCU and Texas A&M. He was silently committed to Alabama prior to his original commitment date of Aug. 26, which ended up getting postponed because of Hurricane Harvey.

What makes Jackson’s recruitment unique is that the Crimson Tide are recruiting him at linebacker, the Horned Frogs wanted him at defensive end and the Aggies were looking at him at running back.

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound prospect plays quarterback for his school and led Boling to the state playoffs last year. He rushed for over 2,000 yards and scored a combined 40 touchdowns as a junior.

“He’s special and freaky,” Boling coach Kevin Urbanek told SEC Country. “He’s 6-foot-3 and weighs over 240 pounds, but he moves like a skill kid. You watch him on film sometimes and you just ask yourself how he made that cut or how he does what he does at that size. He’s a special freak. That’s what I call him.”

Jackson told SEC Country on Thursday why he chose the Crimson Tide.

“They have a great program. I like it a lot there,” Jackson said. “I really like the coaches. They’re great people. They treat everyone good. I feel like I will fit in well there. I don’t know exactly where I’m going to play just yet, but I feel like I’d be a good player there.”

Alabama started looking like Jackson’s eventual landing spot back in July when he visited Tuscaloosa for the Champions Cookout. While some fans may moan about why the team is taking a 3-star athlete, you should know that Jackson isn’t one to attend recruiting camps and rarely talks to the media who do those rankings. Some scouting sites put a lot of emphasis on attending their camps in order to have your ranking boosted. Jackson couldn’t care less.

While in Tuscaloosa, Jackson ran a 4.7 40-yard dash in front of Nick Saban and Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt. Both coaches are impressed with Jackson’s athleticism and his freakish abilities in the weight room where he squats 600 pounds.

Jackson becomes Alabama’s 11th commitment in the 2018 class.

Quote Originally Posted by wedo View Post
    Go back and watch the game on Youtube....Gunter was big upfront. They had some small skill kids yes, but upfront they were good enough to play with an 3a-4a DII team in the State.
    Your correct they did have two kids that were bigger than Jackson. One was 6'6" 300 and the other was 6' 3" 250 .I just think there is a chance he may go to another school. Alabama is a long way from home and he may get an offer that was not an option at the time he committed to Bama. You never know what is going through kids minds.

Quote Originally Posted by cards4me View Post
    Your correct they did have two kids that were bigger than Jackson. One was 6'6" 300 and the other was 6' 3" 250 .I just think there is a chance he may go to another school. Alabama is a long way from home and he may get an offer that was not an option at the time he committed to Bama. You never know what is going through kids minds.
    Vernon Jackson signed with Texas A & M I had a feeling that would happen