Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default Van/Kennedale two 10-1 teams in round 2

Big 2nd round matchup. I think Kennedale will be just a little to much for the Vandals.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Junior Varsity

Kennedale by 21

As much as I would like to see Van win, I think Kennedale will be too much. Kennedale by 2 to 3 TDs.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Letterman

According to current team stats, Kennedale passing yardage accounts for about 17% of their total yardage.
    Passing attempts account for 14% of total plays. The QB has a high rating because he usually throws "safe" passes with a high completion rate.
    The backfield is very deceptive and the two RB's explode off the line. If the linebackers miss 'em, their gone. If they are tackled in the open, they usually drag 2-3 tacklers for several yards.
    If the defense concentrates on the RB's, the QB is tough and will run quite well and he will throw the ball when the secondary and line backers have blinders on.
    What I said above is not the best part about the Wildcats this year. Their defense has learned to deal with the spread offense of many teams. Even with the loss of Baron Browning, the defense is much
    stronger overall. You can't replace a Baron Browning but the defense has taken it upon themselves to be the best Kennedale has ever had and I believe they have accomplished that.
    Many teams are strong on offense or defense but special teams can be a killer. Not so with Kennedale. The kickoffs usually result in starting at the 25 yard line. Last game, the kickoff went through the uprights. The one thing that concerns me is turnovers and penalties. If that's under control, then we're OK. We shall see come Friday at the STAR.

At least the weather won't be a factor at the Star. No wind, central air, domed. I would love to see us play a game there. Awesome venue from what I understand. Expensive, but nice.

I hope Van plays well, to be honest. I have a brother-in-law who coaches at Van. I still think Kennedale will likely be too much for them, though.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Big 2nd round matchup. I think Kennedale will be just a little to much for the Vandals.
    Your thread needs to go in alphabetical order: Kennedale/Van

All-American
    Blog Entries

Yeah......this is the closest game to me at noon on Friday. I was thinking about cruising over there to see this matchup. Then Pleasant Grove and Aubrey kick at 4 pm at the Star.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Nobody’s held Kennedale to less than 50 points yet... oh wait. But despite that one blip I’ll be shocked to see anyone beat them.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post
    Nobody’s held Kennedale to less than 50 points yet... oh wait. But despite that one blip I’ll be shocked to see anyone beat them.
    I'm certain that if Argyle gets a shot at them, I can promise you that Coach Rodgers has the formula of how to slow them down. Argyle allows only 14 pts/game.....and at least half of those points were scored against the 2nd and 3rd teamers.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I'm certain that if Argyle gets a shot at them, I can promise you that Coach Rodgers has the formula of how to slow them down. Argyle allows only 14 pts/game.....and at least half of those points were scored against the 2nd and 3rd teamers.

This matchup could very well happen, and it'd be a lot of fun if it did. I think Kennedale has an excellent chance to win Region II. I'd put them right behind Midlothian Heritage as the favorites. Either one of those teams against Argyle would be a dandy, though, I'll say that.

As far as this matchup goes, I like Kennedale by a couple of TDs over Van.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Way too early prediction (barring major injuries): Argyle edges a good SV team in round 3 then rolls to the Region I title, Kennedale is just physically too much for MH and takes Region II. With Copeland I would have picked Argyle in the Semi but without him--Kennedale makes it to State to face Carthage.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I agree that more definitely with Copeland, but still a 50/50 chance with a very accurate throwing Hayden Clearman at qb. He's very athletic and is a threat when he runs it. Just not the experience level as Copeland brought, but a very good qb by any standards in 4A. Copeland was just exceptional......one of those qb's that teams hope to get once a decade. Copeland would have been great in 5A-D1.....easily.....maybe even 6A with most teams.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I agree that more definitely with Copeland, but still a 50/50 chance with a very accurate throwing Hayden Clearman at qb. He's very athletic and is a threat when he runs it. Just not the experience level as Copeland brought, but a very good qb by any standards in 4A. Copeland was just exceptional......one of those qb's that teams hope to get once a decade. Copeland would have been great in 5A-D1.....easily.....maybe even 6A with most teams.
    As others have said, Copeland was quite possibly the best QB in the state in 4A... don’t care how good your backup is, it’s a drop off.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'd put him up against the Jones kid at Highland Park any day.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    As others have said, Copeland was quite possibly the best QB in the state in 4A... don’t care how good your backup is, it’s a drop off.

A drop off, sure, but still good enough to be favored by double digits in every game leading up to the state championship.
    Texas Forever.