Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Haha..., there are some of those in every crowd. That's why I sit where I sit. I don't want to be having to tell people to shut up with the negativity.

Poppy does have the heart of a lion, and I'll have to agree that the supporting cast he has is not nearly what we've had in the past. The other side of the ball is what will determine how far we go.
    Oh for sure...it's always fun when they aren't your fans. Last year at a Sinton game...we had a group of fans calling for a QB change. It was rather embarrassing. I guess having 2 capable QBs is a blessing and a curse. QB2 transferred and isn't even playing QB at his new school so I'm not real sure what that accomplished lol

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    Oh for sure...it's always fun when they aren't your fans. Last year at a Sinton game...we had a group of fans calling for a QB change. It was rather embarrassing. I guess having 2 capable QBs is a blessing and a curse. QB2 transferred and isn't even playing QB at his new school so I'm not real sure what that accomplished lol
    I have always thought Poppy Brown should've been the QB in 2015, and at times this season I thought maybe it was time to let Cade Camp get some reps at QB if Poppy was going to continue to turn the ball over, so I know where those particular fans are coming from. This would've been Poppy's third season if he had started his sophomore year, and I think that experience would've helped him. Poppy was pushing way too hard at times last season and earlier this season. He seems to have settled down a little and is not forcing the ball nearly as much. It seems like a little light went off in his head about 3 or 4 weeks ago. He seems to be using his legs more if the play starts breaking down, instead of forcing the ball into coverage. Even through all of the questioning, he still has a competitive fire to win. We've won all but 4 games out of 26 games he has started, even though our defense has been subpar. The defense has started playing much better as of late so that should help him tremendously.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Gilmer, this year, from what I've seen, just doesn't have a killer on the roster.
    Bran Webb says hello.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    I have always thought Poppy Brown should've been the QB in 2015.
    I think Jeff Traylor would have named him starter as a sophomore just as he did with Stump. I think the new regime is more skittish in terms of playing sophomores and freshmen and alway leans heavily toward keeping them on their usual chronological teams to get them more playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I think Jeff Traylor would have named him starter as a sophomore just as he did with Stump. I think the new regime is more skittish in terms of playing sophomores and freshmen and alway leans heavily toward keeping them on their usual chronological teams to get them more playing time.
    I believe you're right. There's a lot of talent in the freshman and sophomore classes that could be used and developed on the varsity level. There were quite a few freshmen and sophomores that got a lot of PT when Jeff was HC. Talent is talent, no matter what class they're in.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Bran Webb says hello.

B.J. is a heck of a player, and a leader. We need more of that kind of leadership on this team.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

This game is bad ugly. Hopefully running clock in 2nd half.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???