Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default Caddo Mills vs Gilmer Friday in Sulphur Springs

I don't know anything about them except for my best friend was a coach there in the 70's when they where 1A. Insight please.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I don't know anything about them except for my best friend was a coach there in the 70's when they where 1A. Insight please.
    Melissa 10 - 1, 5 - 1 Dist
    Celina 8 - 3, 4 - 1
    Aubrey 8 - 3, 3 - 2
    Caddo Mills 5 - 6, 1 - 4
    Bonham 3 - 7, 1 - 4
    Community Ditto

Gilmer 688
    Caddo Mills 508
    buckeyebob

All-American
    Blog Entries

Your team will have to show up to play in this one.....but probably easier game than last week.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Check your Facebook messages. I sent you some “premium info”.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater Red View Post
    Check your Facebook messages. I sent you some “premium info”.
    Got it
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Got it
    Share?
    buckeyebob

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Your team will have to show up to play in this one.....but probably easier game than last week.
    They are a confusing bunch...the kind that will reach up & grab 'ya 'cause you have already dismissed them...but, being out of school this week, the guys will be spending a lot of time together...I say they will be concentrating on them & will be ready

7PM in Sulphur Springs...don't know who is home yet
    buckeyebob

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebob View Post
    They are a confusing bunch...the kind that will reach up & grab 'ya 'cause you have already dismissed them...but, being out of school this week, the guys will be spending a lot of time together...I say they will be concentrating on them & will be ready

7PM in Sulphur Springs...don't know who is home yet
    Gilmer is home per Mr. Bowman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.

All-American

Caddo Mills is sneaky athletic on both sides of the ball. They have decent speed, too, and a pretty salty little running back. But they have no passing game whatsoever, or, they didn't when Celina played them. So, they may come out fired up and give the Buckeyes fits for a quarter, but beyond that, Gilmer likely puts this one away early. Probably an easier matchup than the first-round, to be honest.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Caddo Mills is sneaky athletic on both sides of the ball. They have decent speed, too, and a pretty salty little running back. But they have no passing game whatsoever, or, they didn't when Celina played them. So, they may come out fired up and give the Buckeyes fits for a quarter, but beyond that, Gilmer likely puts this one away early. Probably an easier matchup than the first-round, to be honest.
    What kinda shape they in? As you know...like to see those hands on the hips by 3rd qtr, then the train pulls out of the station...our defense is gelling now and by 4th...
    buckeyebob

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebob View Post
    What kinda shape they in? As you know...like to see those hands on the hips by 3rd qtr, then the train pulls out of the station...our defense is gelling now and by 4th...

They’re not in terrible shape, but they have no depth. Lots of two-way kids. It hurt them against Celina. The Bobcats - who don’t play anyone both ways, except in particular packages - eventually just wore down the Foxes. They’re not pushovers, by any means, but I just don’t think they’ll have the horses to keep up with the Buckeyes.

But if Gilmer is still struggling to stop the run, then the Foxes may keep this close for a quarter or two.
    Texas Forever.

They’re not in terrible shape, but they have no depth. Lots of two-way kids. It hurt them against Celina. The Bobcats - who don’t play anyone both ways, except in particular packages - eventually just wore down the Foxes. They’re not pushovers, by any means, but I just don’t think they’ll have the horses to keep up with the Buckeyes.

But if Gilmer is still struggling to stop the run, then the Foxes may keep this close for a quarter or two.
    I must admit that the Buckeye defense was non-existent against the run, or anything else for that matter, for most of the season. It seems they are getting it figured out, but they still regress occasionally. They are getting stops more regularly now. Now, if only they would learn to tackle lower, and stop trying to tackle the ball. Secure the tackle first, and let the help strip the ball.

It used to be that the Buckeyes would step on a team's throat and throttle them, but that doesn't seem to be the MO of this year's team. They still know how to win, but they seem to be making it a habit of letting the other team stay in the game. We need that killer instinct back.

I don't think Caddo Mills will hang around for very long in this one, but it could happen if we don't show that killer instinct we used to seeing in Gilmer teams.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Ten years ago, we played unheralded Mabank in the second round on a cold, windy rain at SFA.

They hung around the whole game and lost by a TD, 35-28. Of course, Mabank DID have a passing attack.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    I must admit that the Buckeye defense was non-existent against the run, or anything else for that matter, for most of the season. It seems they are getting it figured out, but they still regress occasionally. They are getting stops more regularly now. Now, if only they would learn to tackle lower, and stop trying to tackle the ball. Secure the tackle first, and let the help strip the ball.

It used to be that the Buckeyes would step on a team's throat and throttle them, but that doesn't seem to be the MO of this year's team. They still know how to win, but they seem to be making it a habit of letting the other team stay in the game. We need that killer instinct back.

I don't think Caddo Mills will hang around for very long in this one, but it could happen if we don't show that killer instinct we used to seeing in Gilmer teams.

If the Buckeyes do indeed have a killer instinct this year, they better find it this week, and Caddo Mills is the right kind of team to do that against. Gilmer will have chances to put the Foxes away early. But if they let Caddo Mills hang around for too long and start to think they can pull the upset, then this game will be much closer than it needs to be.
    Texas Forever.

If the Buckeyes do indeed have a killer instinct this year, they better find it this week, and Caddo Mills is the right kind of team to do that against. Gilmer will have chances to put the Foxes away early. But if they let Caddo Mills hang around for too long and start to think they can pull the upset, then this game will be much closer than it needs to be.
    We actually need an easier game than what we've been seeing because we are banged up pretty good. I'm hoping we secure the win a little earlier this week so the injured players can get a few extra plays off.

I'll admit I know almost nothing about Caddo Mills, but judging by some of their earlier games against 3A-D1 teams, their schedule seems like it was pretty weak. That really doesn't mean much except that we "should" win. We better prepare like they are a very good team that is capable of beating us because if we don't the game will be much tougher than it needs to be. Who knows, if we let them hang around long enough they might pull the upset, so it's imperative that we come out ready to ball.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II