View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wimberley

18 78.26%
  • Sinton

5 21.74%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

This has been a remarkable season thus far for the Wimberley QB play and receiving corp. Hey, we have a 1000yd rusher too. It could very well end this week and it would not change a damn thing. PurplePop..we appreciate you. Don't know why we have to dis anyone on here. The Gobblers are where they are for a reason and that includes great QB play. There are many things for the Texans to be concerned with and this week it is Sinton. They are slowly becoming an arch rival and are not to be taken lightly, ever. Hate with a passion all the injuries that you guys have dealt with. More than anything the young men themselves. Much respect to Cuero as always, and then there is Sweeny. A few of the Navarro folk..just stop it. lol
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Have fun down there!
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    There has been a good positive at wr, don't recall him playing during the season on offense til Ingleside game and has caught just about everything thrown to him past two games good to see someone step up and take over.
    Yes, Chris has really stepped up these last few games. Glad Colt has started to spread the ball around some more. Everyone knows who our big targets are, but when that receiver is double/tripled covered - that means someone has been left wide open and he has to be able to find them! I liked using Bess at RB last week too...hopefully they'll get him more involved earlier this game. We have to be able to run the ball some.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    This has been a remarkable season thus far for the Wimberley QB play and receiving corp. Hey, we have a 1000yd rusher too. It could very well end this week and it would not change a damn thing. PurplePop..we appreciate you. Don't know why we have to dis anyone on here. The Gobblers are where they are for a reason and that includes great QB play. There are many things for the Texans to be concerned with and this week it is Sinton. They are slowly becoming an arch rival and are not to be taken lightly, ever. Hate with a passion all the injuries that you guys have dealt with. More than anything the young men themselves. Much respect to Cuero as always, and then there is Sweeny. A few of the Navarro folk..just stop it. lol
    Stop what? posting?... For the life of me I cant figure out why you'd want that? Every post made here just generates more material for us to read and respond too. At the end of the day isnt that why you check the downlow in the first place?.... Anyway, You know without us strirring the pot on a few of these threads, this place would just amount to a few hollow threads with names and not much material too follow....

P.s. a good method to see if JoJo is a power 5 QB would be to check out what real life says on the matter. After a quick look back at reality, its safe to say that no, JoJo is not a power 5 QB. I was able to deduce this without any kind of wishful reasoning. Plain and simple, he was recruited by 0 power 5 schools...

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post
    Stop what? posting?... For the life of me I cant figure out why you'd want that? Every post made here just generates more material for us to read and respond too. At the end of the day isnt that why you check the downlow in the first place?.... Anyway, You know without us strirring the pot on a few of these threads, this place would just amount to a few hollow threads with names and not much material too follow....

P.s. a good method to see if JoJo is a power 5 QB would be to check out what real life says on the matter. After a quick look back at reality, its safe to say that no, JoJo is not a power 5 QB. I was able to deduce this without any kind of wishful reasoning. Plain and simple, he was recruited by 0 power 5 schools...
    Here's an idea for ya, why don't you start making your own forum thread covering Navarro's game each week? Then you and the the purple clan can bash your own players. You do know how.....right?

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sourhern View Post
    I watched him against Boerne in person I’m not blindly throwing out a biased opinion. As I stated before he’s way beyond our qb here. I mean in this there’s always new things to learn and develop even on the pro level. That’s why I say he’s good not great. If he does make it great for him just I’ve been around and seen multiple D1 qbs and they r quite a few steps ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good that we have an expert like yourself here on this forum. Please tell me what Jordan needs to improve on, what boxes needs to be checked to improve his game? I'll be waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Cob View Post
    And...you should be extremely proud to call him your son! Drew has been one helluva quarterback for the Gobblers this year, and people that know and understand football in Cuero wouldn’t want to have anyone else but Drew orchestrating the Gobbler offense.
    drew has heart I’ve seen impressive things out of him also at the same time not so impressive. ive seen 12 and was impressed more with the Barta kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few players on the Sinton team were on the roster when Sinton/Wimberley first meeting, think only Anthony Villarreal was a starter and Tristan Canales came in as a wr. Sinton pulls off the upset it would give Coach Tom Allen atleast 9 win seasons for 10 straight years.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    Yes, Chris has really stepped up these last few games. Glad Colt has started to spread the ball around some more. Everyone knows who our big targets are, but when that receiver is double/tripled covered - that means someone has been left wide open and he has to be able to find them! I liked using Bess at RB last week too...hopefully they'll get him more involved earlier this game. We have to be able to run the ball some.
    Yes Bess looks like he can fill that role in playoffs and next season was hoping Robert Hughes would get more carries he has comparable speed to Canales.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post

LMAO about the comment on posting. Just that old cattle prod thing. If you paid any attention to earlier posts then you should have come to an understanding that our QB is a late bloomer. Just compare 2016 to 2017. We did not have the luxury of a QB starting since his freshman year. If that would have been the case then I suspect that last year would have been so, so different. Take off them homer Panther blinders. Talk to us about Eveld. Where do you rate him?

This is the only one i've seen or know will webcast the game http://wimberleyradio.org/index.php/...inton-pirates/

i listen to last year game last night they're pretty good announcers.

What a beautiful day and great football weather. Let's change our game time to 7:00 PM tonight! Of course I'm saying this before turkey and the cowboy game this afternoon. lol Go Texans!!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    Our D-coord likes to all-out blitz every single down, so you shouldn't have to worry about double/triple coverage.

All-District
    Blog Entries

I ran some numbers and my suspicion was correct, the 2017 Texan offense is the most prolific (score) we've had ever, well at least since 2005. Averaging 45.1 points per game, last year this team scored an avg. of 29.4....quiet a difference. The only team that comes close to that was 2010 with an avg. of 40. Also, the 2017 defense is in the top 5 in fewest avg. scores allowed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Texasdownlow posters Buena suerte a todos este fin de semana
    https://youtu.be/t1b2EXxit0c

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    What a beautiful day and great football weather. Let's change our game time to 7:00 PM tonight! Of course I'm saying this before turkey and the cowboy game this afternoon. lol Go Texans!!
    A good HS playoff game would have been much better than the Cowboys !!!