• Wimberley

18 78.26%
  • Sinton

5 21.74%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Shane Buechele sure has a big time arm. So did Case McCoy. Wait...
    Yeah, i kinda threw Case in there to make a point that some fair and even below average players end up in top programs. It blew my mind every time I saw Case trotting out in DKR.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sourhern View Post
    So to answer the question is no u haven’t really watched them or been up close to a D1 QB. It’s a whole different level, the big time arms they have are above and beyond weeks. don’t get me wrong Weeks is decent and congrats on his success thus far. Hell honestly he’s 100 times better than the QB here in Cuero. But fcs schools might be the better shot for PT because he’s not there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Several things. First, I apologize, I didn't realize you were from Cuero and congrats on the well deserved success so far. Every conversation about this years Texas high school football has the Gobblers in it. I really thought you were associated with this team down the road from us...they enjoy getting on here and poking us with a stick lol. Sourhern, Jordan Weeks has improved way more than anyone could have imagined, in fact that entire offense has, his receivers are like on another level. If you've not seen them play this year, you'd be surprised. I believe Wimbo can make it to the regional but that's not for sure, they have some weaknesses and those weaknesses we didn't have in 2011. However, the team continues to improve and the coaching staff has done wonders with the kids, we'll just see how this year plays out. Back to Jordan, he's a very smart young man with excellent athletic potential, he is a D1 power 5 qb, regardless if he plays at that level or not. There's a hudl on him for this year, I invite you to view it.

All-District

His accuracy is just off-the-charts.

A big arm is vital in the NFL.

Accuracy is far more important for a college QB in a spread offense.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4863645/jordan-weeks
    Last edited by rb585; 11-21-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    Several things. First, I apologize, I didn't realize you were from Cuero and congrats on the well deserved success so far. Every conversation about this years Texas high school football has the Gobblers in it. I really thought you were associated with this team down the road from us...they enjoy getting on here and poking us with a stick lol. Sourhern, Jordan Weeks has improved way more than anyone could have imagined, in fact that entire offense has, his receivers are like on another level. If you've not seen them play this year, you'd be surprised. I believe Wimbo can make it to the regional but that's not for sure, they have some weaknesses and those weaknesses we didn't have in 2011. However, the team continues to improve and the coaching staff has done wonders with the kids, we'll just see how this year plays out. Back to Jordan, he's a very smart young man with excellent athletic potential, he is a D1 power 5 qb, regardless if he plays at that level or not. There's a hudl on him for this year, I invite you to view it.
    I watched him against Boerne in person I’m not blindly throwing out a biased opinion. As I stated before he’s way beyond our qb here. I mean in this there’s always new things to learn and develop even on the pro level. That’s why I say he’s good not great. If he does make it great for him just I’ve been around and seen multiple D1 qbs and they r quite a few steps ahead

Not one of his better game performances and certainly not one to form an opinion. It is what it is. Where you at SFinA? We need some good game banter going here!
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Letterman

[QUOTE=sourhern;1934332]I watched him against Boerne in person I’m not blindly throwing out a biased opinion. As I stated before he’s way beyond our qb here. I mean in this there’s always new things to learn and develop even on the pro level. That’s why I say he’s good not great. If he does make it great for him just I’ve been around and seen multiple D1 qbs and they r quite a few steps ahead

I'm following QB recruiting pretty closely this year and Weeks could play at a bunch of power 5 FBS schools from what I'm seeing. The world just isn't full of 6-4 high school senior QB's with guns for arms and extremely good accuracy. It just is what it is.

On to game banter. This is one of the best 4A-DII games this week. Sinton looks like they have recovered from enough injuries to make this game competitive but I don't think Sinton can keep up with Wimberley's offense. I'll say Wimberley 35-14.

SFiA is always a lot more positive than I am, but I like to keep it real. We are still thin at both lines. I think if we are healthy, we would be a little more competitive, but still an underdog. As I stated before, they held up against Raymondville, but it’s Raymondville lol. If we had our RB I’d like our chances at being a little more competitive. If you saw film or even reviewed stats vs Raymondville, we had to rely on our passing game. With the loss of our RB and injuries on the line, our running game has left the building! If our line can’t give Colt enough time to find his receivers it will be a long night! Last year, both defenses played really well. Our defense will have to play out of their minds to keep us in this game. I really hope they are up for the challenge!

Weeks has improved each year we’ve faced him. His #s are very impressive! Only 1 INT !?!

See y’all Friday! GO PIRATES

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    SFiA is always a lot more positive than I am, but I like to keep it real. We are still thin at both lines. I think if we are healthy, we would be a little more competitive, but still an underdog. As I stated before, they held up against Raymondville, but it’s Raymondville lol. If we had our RB I’d like our chances at being a little more competitive. If you saw film or even reviewed stats vs Raymondville, we had to rely on our passing game. With the loss of our RB and injuries on the line, our running game has left the building! If our line can’t give Colt enough time to find his receivers it will be a long night! Last year, both defenses played really well. Our defense will have to play out of their minds to keep us in this game. I really hope they are up for the challenge!

Weeks has improved each year we’ve faced him. His #s are very impressive! Only 1 INT !?!

See y’all Friday! GO PIRATES
    Sinfan75 is the less positive lol!

Sinton passing game hasn't really taken off much this season with the run game being effective early with Canales getting about 13 yds per carry. Hopefully Colt gets time and gets the ball to the wr, last year he got blitz just about every play so see if he can get ball out of there to a open receiver in time

Tejas busy week alot of driving at work so only able to peek in. Wed night get more in to it

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    All is good man, I do realize you guys are still bleeding from October 27th.
    Beating Navarro doesn’t turn a Pretty good 4A QB into a power 5 player. I’d love to see home play ball at UTSA or TState, he’d make a huge impacted. But more than that is unrealistic, I’m not dogging on the kid so chill

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post

Sinton passing game hasn't really taken off much this season with the run game being effective early with Canales getting about 13 yds per carry. Hopefully Colt gets time and gets the ball to the wr, last year he got blitz just about every play so see if he can get ball out of there to a open receiver in time

Tejas busy week alot of driving at work so only able to peek in. Wed night get more in to it
    Remember we were without Andrew for the first 2-3 games of the season, and even when he came back Tristan was on such a tear, that the passing game still wasn't much of a factor. This season has been so weird with all the injuries. I don't know if we ever even got ONE game with everyone healthy lol. I've been watching this group play together since they were in 7th grade and overall they had the talent to make this a special season (still do, I guess) but it's like they had some bad mojo starting with Andrew breaking his wrist. Still, 8-2 is not a bad season...just those 2 losses were horrendous LMAO

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post

LMAO!! Just being honest. Sinton hasn't had an extremely good defense since Davis was the head coach and that's fact. It's been that way during coach Allen's 10 years in Sinton.Strong enough offense but his defense has hurt him every year.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by sourhern View Post
    So to answer the question is no u haven’t really watched them or been up close to a D1 QB. It’s a whole different level, the big time arms they have are above and beyond weeks. don’t get me wrong Weeks is decent and congrats on his success thus far. Hell honestly he’s 100 times better than the QB here in Cuero. But fcs schools might be the better shot for PT because he’s not there yet.

So you think he's 100 better than Drew so you probably thought the 6'8" kid last year that looked like Vince Young was 100 times much better than him too and as soon as Drew gets injured and is out for 2 games the team struggles. Drew gives his all for his team and his numbers show it. By the way Drew has been to 2 blue gray tryouts with all kinds of coaches and he is the QB they pick to run the teams at the end of the tryouts yep over the 6'5" others! I'm not sure why people would want to get on a board like this and rundown kids I have seen Weeks play he is a great quarterback I wish him all the best in the world. PS yes Drew is my son and if you are such a Gobbler Fan I hope to see you at the game!
    I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Blue42 View Post
    So you think he's 100 better than Drew so you probably thought the 6'8" kid last year that looked like Vince Young was 100 times much better than him too and as soon as Drew gets injured and is out for 2 games the team struggles. Drew gives his all for his team and his numbers show it. By the way Drew has been to 2 blue gray tryouts with all kinds of coaches and he is the QB they pick to run the teams at the end of the tryouts yep over the 6'5" others! I'm not sure why people would want to get on a board like this and rundown kids I have seen Weeks play he is a great quarterback I wish him all the best in the world. PS yes Drew is my son and if you are such a Gobbler Fan I hope to see you at the game!
    And...you should be extremely proud to call him your son! Drew has been one helluva quarterback for the Gobblers this year, and people that know and understand football in Cuero wouldn’t want to have anyone else but Drew orchestrating the Gobbler offense.

Quote Originally Posted by sinfan75 View Post
    LMAO!! Just being honest. Sinton hasn't had an extremely good defense since Davis was the head coach and that's fact. It's been that way during coach Allen's 10 years in Sinton.Strong enough offense but his defense has hurt him every year.
    Yea i know you and P4S tell it how it is going into a game, i on the other hand try and just look at the positives going in, We still all at the end hope for a Sinton victory and we been doing this now for a long time on this forum

There has been a good positive at wr, don't recall him playing during the season on offense til Ingleside game and has caught just about everything thrown to him past two games good to see someone step up and take over.