23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wimberley

18 78.26%
  • Sinton

5 21.74%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    IMO Jordan's a power-5 QB, he would fit well in the Big-12. He doesn't need to be in the Conference USA or Sun Belt.
    Hahaha I think he fits better with the cowboys myself... he doesnt need to worry himself with the big 12 or any other college conference for that matter... Hell he should just go straight to the NFL. shouldnt even worry about graduating HS just leave during christmass break... maybe he can even run against trump in the next election? Or better yet he could possibly be the astronaut that revamps our NASA programs....

Sorry for going on a rant but basically, the recruiting cycle for power 5 football schools has come and gone. So has the recruiting cycles for other FBS schools, and most FCS kids have their offers at this point too..... so no, no power 5, no big 12...
    Last edited by SaltySixes; 11-19-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    We are still without 2 starting lineman. We were never going to get one back (fractured fibula), but I thought we might get the other back (knee). The line did well in spots against Raymondville, but Wimberley is a different animal. They will have to dig deep on the short week and we'll have to hope they don't eat too much Thursday lol. Really wish we had Tristan

LHPM - would love to see you - hope you can make it!
    Good, like the sophomore group have been getting more involved and comfortable after a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post
    Hahaha I think he fits better with the cowboys myself... he doesnt need to worry himself with the big 12 or any other college conference for that matter... Hell he should just go straight to the NFL. shouldnt even worry about graduating HS just leave during christmass break... maybe he can even run against trump in the next election? Or better yet he could possibly be the astronaut that revamps our NASA programs....

Sorry for going on a rant but basically, the recruiting cycle for power 5 football schools has come and gone. So has the recruiting cycles for other FBS schools, and most FCS kids have their offers at this point too..... so no, no power 5, no big 12...
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post

That's an over the top post that ridiculous.
    You must be one of the Navarro class acts.

Truth be known....disappointment.

Junior Varsity

That's an over the top post that ridiculous.
    You must be one of the Navarro class acts.
    Yea I was alittle worked up making that post lol... tejas what are you talking about disapointment?

Clearly u have never seen a D1 power 5 QB sorry Weeks isn’t there but UTSA, TX St. UIW all r his caliber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by sourhern View Post
    Clearly u have never seen a D1 power 5 QB sorry Weeks isn’t there but UTSA, TX St. UIW all r his caliber

Being realistic is lost on some people Sour

All-District
    Blog Entries

Hmmmm, well let's see. I've personally "seen" (like sat in the stands) Brees, Gilbert, Manzeil, Brewer, Ehlinger, Case McCoy (Graham/Wimberley playoff) and several others when they played high school ball. Also, one of my sons attended UTSA and we've gone to several of their games. The university has had great success with students along with it's football program, games are worth going to. If you've never been you should. They're played in the Dome and not only are they selling beer and mixed drinks when you walk in but also in the stands via beer vendors. Sound system has woofers you can feel BTW. Like being at the club/bar? Strurm has been a fair qb for them with his duel threat ability. Is he a about to graduate? I think so the kids been there awhile. Weeks certainly would improve any of the schools you mentioned.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 10ForTheWin View Post
    Being realistic is lost on some people Sour

All is good man, I do realize you guys are still bleeding from October 27th.

Complete denial.

So to answer the question is no u haven’t really watched them or been up close to a D1 QB. It’s a whole different level, the big time arms they have are above and beyond weeks. don’t get me wrong Weeks is decent and congrats on his success thus far. Hell honestly he’s 100 times better than the QB here in Cuero. But fcs schools might be the better shot for PT because he’s not there yet.

What happened on the 27th of October I don’t get it.

Letterman

IMO Jordan's a power-5 QB, he would fit well in the Big-12. He doesn't need to be in the Conference USA or Sun Belt.
    I agree. I was very impressed by JoJo. His size, arm strength and accuracy make him a power 5 QB to me. The upper tier teams in the power 5 conferences probably want more mobility. But, QB's with size and an accurate gun like JoJo has aren't exactly growing on trees. We have a player on Navarro that moved in this year from Wimberley. His mom told me at our game last week that JoJo never played football until his freshman year and only played because the freshman team QB was injured. And, I think JoJo was injured his sophomore year. So, he is still learning the game. He's pretty damn good when you compare him to top tier QB's who get full time specialized coaching and are "maxed out" in their ability if you know what I mean. It will be fun to watch and see what happens. Oh, and the mother couldn't stop talking about what a great kid he is. Good luck this week.

All-District

So to answer the question is no u haven’t really watched them or been up close to a D1 QB. It’s a whole different level, the big time arms they have are above and beyond weeks.
    Shane Buechele sure has a big time arm. So did Case McCoy. Wait...