Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American

With all that, I have written off the Bobcats from this postseason, yet, so don't misread anything I've said. I actually like the matchups for Celina in the bottom half of the Region II bracket. I think they matchup better there, in all actuality, than they would have if they had won the district and been put in the top half of the bracket.
    Texas Forever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orange machine View Post
    I don't think Graham will have the speed to keep up with Melissa.
    Then you haven’t watched Graham this season.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Ah, not that I would argue your pick, reagle, but I did make a mistake in my post. I actually meant to say I have Melissa winning Region II in Div. II. I have them beating Pleasant Grove, and then losing in the semifinals to Graham, who I then have losing to Cuero in the state championship game. But I deleted my bracket picks two or three times and redid them, then deleted, and did it again before finally throwing my hands up and finishing with a Final Four of Graham, Melissa, WOS, Cuero. As I said in another thread, Div. II just seems to be up for grabs this season. I am about 45% confident in my picks.

I hated not picking Wimberley, because I've been high on them all year, and because another semifinal bout with WOS a la 2005 would have been something special. But Cuero, I think, has just enough defense to knock off the Texans.
    I believe Graham will be in the State Championship as well. Not sure if they can beat Cuero. They look to be a men amongst boys. But, you never know. Going to be another good year of HS playoff football.

STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    I believe Graham will be in the State Championship as well. Not sure if they can beat WO-S. They look to be a men amongst boys. But, you never know. Going to be another good year of HS playoff football.
    There I fixed for ya.lol

Scratching my head at Alvarado being an 8 point favorite..we’re 3-7, and a 3rd seed.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    Scratching my head at Alvarado being an 8 point favorite..we’re 3-7, and a 3rd seed.
    Springtown is terrible.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Ah, not that I would argue your pick, reagle, but I did make a mistake in my post. I actually meant to say I have Melissa winning Region II in Div. II. I have them beating Pleasant Grove, and then losing in the semifinals to Graham, who I then have losing to Cuero in the state championship game. But I deleted my bracket picks two or three times and redid them, then deleted, and did it again before finally throwing my hands up and finishing with a Final Four of Graham, Melissa, WOS, Cuero. As I said in another thread, Div. II just seems to be up for grabs this season. I am about 45% confident in my picks.

I hated not picking Wimberley, because I've been high on them all year, and because another semifinal bout with WOS a la 2005 would have been something special. But Cuero, I think, has just enough defense to knock off the Texans.
    I was wondering if I should redo mine......but then I saw the Pigskin Preps line and realized my picks in the first round matched their favorite exactly.....every single game......so I left it alone. We'll see how things shake out in each round from there.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Letterman

I haven't decided whether to go to the Springtown/Alvarado game at Kennedale or the Midlothian Heritage/Lake Worth game. I know the MH game will be over after their first possession but I want to see their offensive formations and receiver routes. Newsome stadium is close and it's a great place to watch a game. MH is picked to be the sleeper for the state championship. I've already seen Van and Kaufman. Most people still don't mention Kennedale going far in the playoffs and I will list my own reasons: 1) teams will not go far in the playoffs without a balanced offense 2) all Kennedale does is run, run, run 3) no established history 4) no passing 5) not battle hardened due to a weak district 6) Kennedale has not been a team which keeps opposing offenses and defenses off balance (no surprises).
    I will continue to support the Wildcats through thick and thin but the players have got to keep their wits about them and play with much, much confidence.

WOS outscored the second and third place teams in our district 86-0 in the last two games and I would not be surprised if we pitch another shutout the next week or two or three and rematch Liberty in the Quarters. We’re peaking at the right time and are 100% healthy. Yeah we’ve allowed 69 points scored against so far (8.5 per game) but that’s far from mediocre given we’ve played two D1 District champs and beat them. We’re still here.

I’m rooting for Kennedale and Silsbee and Jasper big time.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    So..., you think Melissa will beat the Buckeyes if they take care of their end? I'm thinking a Pleasant Grove / Gilmer rematch in the regional finals.
    Yep...I don't think anyone has come out on top of the Bux in the same year...a hard row to hoe.
    buckeyebob

Letterman

You might as well put up 40 consecutive wins. Their defense is a brick wall with a 50 ft high net. The only thing getting beyond that are punts. So opposing teams, start working on your special team punting.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
    You might as well put up 40 consecutive wins. Their defense is a brick wall with a 50 ft high net. The only thing getting beyond that are punts. So opposing teams, start working on your special team punting.

I agree that they'll reach at least 40 wins. Region III is a lock for WOS, and if anyone even stays within three scores, I'll be surprised. But they'll face some more dynamic offenses in the semifinals/finals, for sure. No knock on Kennedale at all, because they're a really good team, and I don't want to diminish how good of a win that was for WOS, but that's just a tailor-made matchup for the chain gang defense, in all honesty. A team like Cuero or Wimberley can and probably will move the ball on the Mustangs at a much higher clip than the Wildcats did. It doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a win, but the Mustangs will be pushed, for sure.
    Texas Forever.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm still of the opinion that there has been much better competition played in both divisions up in regions 1 @ 2 this season, and it should show up in the playoffs with some very good games. That means the winner of these regions in each division will be battle tested and a very tough opponent in Jerry World. My winners for each division come out of region 1 and region 2 this season. I think the top teams in regions 3 & 4 have a much easier and clearer path to the championship with less competition on a weekly basis. Hopefully, no more injuries to key players will happen to any of these favorited teams thru the playoffs.......it has already happened to Argyle and a few other quality teams.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 11-15-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I'm still of the opinion that there has been much better competition played in both divisions up in regions 1 @ 2 this season, and it should show up in the playoffs with some very good games. That means the winner of these regions in each division will be battle tested and a very tough opponent in Jerry World. My winners for each division come out of region 1 and region 2 this season. I think the top teams in regions 3 & 4 have a much easier and clearer path to the championship with less competition on a weekly basis. Hopefully, no more injuries to key players will happen to any of these favorited teams thru the playoffs.......it has already happened to Argyle and a few other quality teams.
    I agree with most of your comments above regal. My SC picks in D1 and D2 are both from Region 1. It’s long over due that Region 1 dominates 4A again.

STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019