Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Third View Post
    What, wow. I didn't even see that. I've always been a faithful follower of PI over the years, my dad's old high school team. Any chance they get in? Is Raymondville hurting or not quite 'there'?
    Rio Hondo is the top team of D16 no suprise on the outcome. Raymondville return alot of starters on defensive side but Rio Hondo has a very good qb, offensive line and wide receivers. Raymondville still has Orange Grove, Orange Grove is tied with Rio Hondo for top spot. Rio Hondo vs Orange Grove on Friday.

Letterman

I will bypass Kennedale / Castleberry tonight and head over to Kaufman for a possible playoff contender matchup with Kennedale in the fourth round. I know, I know, upsets can happen but Kennedale would have to turn the ball over on every possession and be penalized 150 yards for 10 un-sportsman like conduct calls.
    Wait a minute, did I just jinx everything? Oh crap....Coach Barrett is going to make me wash uniforms for one year.

Letterman

Kaufman is the real deal. The qb runs well and has excellent deception with hand-offs and play-action. The Lions defense only used 3 down linemen most of the game because of Van's wide open offense. They defended the pass very well and even got some interceptions.
    Van has two excellent receivers and they ran good routes plus Van's qb has speed and eludes tackles in the open field. I'm glad I went to this game because I witnessed another team lose it's perfect record. Looks like Kennedale plays Van in the second round and maybe Kaufman in the Region final.
    The game tonight in Kaufman keeps the home team streak alive since 2012 between these two teams. Congratulations to the Lions.

Yep, Van going to the top bracket...interesting

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

R3 could see some rematches. Looking forward to seeing Brookshire again after that awful game a few years ago.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    Yep, Van going to the top bracket...interesting
    Agree. You want to be on the bottom of that R2 bracket. The top is loaded.

Letterman

The following districts have all four teams remaining in the playoffs:
    Division I District 12
    Division II District 9
    Division II District 5
    That's quite an accomplishment....congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
    The following districts have all four teams remaining in the playoffs:
    Division I District 12
    Division II District 9
    Division II District 5
    That's quite an accomplishment....congratulations
    Way To Go!!!
    El Campo
    Brazosport
    Bay City
    Sealy

Letterman

Two or more teams from the same District still playing going into Round 3:
    [U]Division I
    Region I District 4 Argyle, WF Hirschi, Decatur
    Region III District 9 Carthage, Henderson, Kilgore
    Region IV District 13 Waco La Vega, China Spring, Liberty Hill

[U]Division II
    Region I District 2 Seminole, Sweetwater
    Region II District 5 Melissa, Celina
    District 7 Gilmer, Pleasant Grove
    Region III ???
    Region IV District 13 Wimberly, Navarro
    District 15 Cuero, Sweeny
    The 8 undefeated teams in class 4a remain undefeated. Round 3 will be more competitive.

Letterman

Division I, Region II is the only bracket with District winners left. Congratulations to the runner-up and third seed teams still playing.

Letterman

Tonight's game between Kennedale and Midlothian Heritage was an emotional roller coaster of extreme highs and lows. This was the most exciting game I've witnessed in a very long time.
    I feel bad for the Jaguars' agony of defeat. This was a gut wrenching game for everyone but the game clock had to run out and unfortunately, the Jaguars had to watch with a 2 point deficit.
    Just like last year, this game would have kept on going, but the lights have to be turned off.
    Kennedale's secondary did not pan out like I thought it would. MH just took what the Wildcats gave and marched up and down the field with non-stop screen passes. There were some deep passes thrown
    but were overthrown into good coverage. Kennedale ran the ball well as usual but pulled off some good passes to keep the linebackers and secondary honest.
    Kaufman will be next and over in Region I, Argyle lost their perfect record. Man, it's been a night of hard fought games up and down the brackets. I hope I never experience that numbness of knowing we just lost and there are no more games left. Thanks Jaguars and Wildcats for one of the most thrilling games I've ever experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
    Tonight's game between Kennedale and Midlothian Heritage was an emotional roller coaster of extreme highs and lows. This was the most exciting game I've witnessed in a very long time.
    I feel bad for the Jaguars' agony of defeat. This was a gut wrenching game for everyone but the game clock had to run out and unfortunately, the Jaguars had to watch with a 2 point deficit.
    Just like last year, this game would have kept on going, but the lights have to be turned off.
    Kennedale's secondary did not pan out like I thought it would. MH just took what the Wildcats gave and marched up and down the field with non-stop screen passes. There were some deep passes thrown
    but were overthrown into good coverage. Kennedale ran the ball well as usual but pulled off some good passes to keep the linebackers and secondary honest.
    Kaufman will be next and over in Region I, Argyle lost their perfect record. Man, it's been a night of hard fought games up and down the brackets. I hope I never experience that numbness of knowing we just lost and there are no more games left. Thanks Jaguars and Wildcats for one of the most thrilling games I've ever experienced.
    Once Kennedale got inside the 30, I knew Tiero would nail it!! strongest leg I’ve seen all year

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL