Lol!!
    Teams mentioned: Tons of teams.

Was much easier the other way if my team was mention then I would listen, now have to search to where Sinton might be mention.

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Lol!!
    Teams mentioned: Tons of teams.

Was much easier the other way if my team was mention then I would listen, now have to search to where Sinton might be mention.
    We talked Sinton/Wharton game (but mostly about Sinton rather than the game)

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

what you were saying about gilmer's crowds....same for stephenville...
    home stands never more than half full because season ticket seats are empty...
    we sit on the visitor side where there's room for the kids to play, they're all 3-5 and not old enough to go off on their own yet

and stephenville's RB should be good to go
    Last edited by jason; 10-19-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Letterman

Maybe the problem is reserved seats period. I've been to some Seguin games and I see all the town folks, who don't have kids on the team, sitting in the best seats. And, by the start of the second half the middle of the stands are half empty because the home team is getting blown out and all the old alums went home. It's kind of weird.

All-American
    Blog Entries

In the grand scheme of things, Texas high school football and Friday nights under the lights still shines the brightest in all of the nation. I'm sure that Florida is a close 2nd with all of their excellent high school football teams, but most probably a distant 2nd in the overall numbers and participation. Does any other state have the participation rates of the student body involved in the games like Texas does??? I seriously doubt it......from the band members to the cheerleading squads to the drill teams to the student sections......Texas High School football literally blows away the rest of the nation. We are blessed here in Texas with a very special and very deep-rooted tradition in every small town and large city throughout our great and enormous state. By and large the support for high school football is the pinnacle and the standard for all others to strive for......even in other sports. I've been a rabid fan since attending my first games at a very young age before even the 1st grade......and I'm in my 60's now. I was very athletic in my youth, and still play an amazing game of golf today for my age......and bowling too. I played almost every sport they offered at my high school in the 70's......I believe the Friday Night Lights football atmosphere helped with that......even before I was a high schooler. Now I get to relive my love of the seasons of my life each Friday night in the form of being a rabid fan for Texas high school football......as do millions of others in our great state. Yes.....I said millions. Are there millions in our state that at least follow and support our Texas high school football programs yearly??? I would like to believe there are.....even if they don't attend the games. :
    Last edited by regaleagle; 10-19-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, Texas high school football and Friday nights under the lights still shines the brightest in all of the nation. I'm sure that Florida is a close 2nd with all of their excellent high school football teams, but most probably a distant 2nd in the overall numbers and participation. Does any other state have the participation rates of the student body involved in the games like Texas does??? I seriously doubt it......from the band members to the cheerleading squads to the drill teams to the student sections......Texas High School football literally blows away the rest of the nation. We are blessed here in Texas with a very special and very deep-rooted tradition in every small town and large city throughout our great and enormous state. By and large the support for high school football is the pinnacle and the standard for all others to strive for......even in other sports. I've been a rabid fan since attending my first games at a very young age before even the 1st grade......and I'm in my 60's now. I was very athletic in my youth, and still play an amazing game of golf today for my age......and bowling too. I played almost every sport they offered at my high school in the 70's......I believe the Friday Night Lights football atmosphere helped with that......even before I was a high schooler. Now I get to relive my love of the seasons of my life each Friday night in the form of being a rabid fan for Texas high school football......as do millions of others in our great state. Yes.....I said millions. Is there millions in our state that at least follow and support our Texas high school football programs yearly??? I would like to believe there are.....even if they don't attend the games.
    Spot on and your topic gave us a 10 min segment about all of this on the show. Appreciate it!

I am in my upper 40s I have 1 child still in school. He is considerably younger than the other 4. I can smell the winds of change coming thou. It won't hit small town Texas but some states are already considering outlawing Pop Warner. For kids and other steps like no kicking period in jr.high and high school ranks. Eventually football will be just touch or maybe flag football..in some areas.. let us see in 20 years..

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

WooHoo I heard my name - El Campo Sandra!!

I’m assuming I don’t need to bother listening? Although I’m jealous already of all the DownLow shout outs I’ve heard about secondhand lol. 44inarow and I may be in a huge feud around week 15 if we make it there btw ;p
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post
    I’m assuming I don’t need to bother listening? Although I’m jealous already of all the DownLow shout outs I’ve heard about secondhand lol. 44inarow and I may be in a huge feud around week 15 if we make it there btw ;p
    You got multiple shout outs earlier this year lol.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, Texas high school football and Friday nights under the lights still shines the brightest in all of the nation. I'm sure that Florida is a close 2nd with all of their excellent high school football teams, but most probably a distant 2nd in the overall numbers and participation. Does any other state have the participation rates of the student body involved in the games like Texas does??? I seriously doubt it......from the band members to the cheerleading squads to the drill teams to the student sections......Texas High School football literally blows away the rest of the nation. We are blessed here in Texas with a very special and very deep-rooted tradition in every small town and large city throughout our great and enormous state. By and large the support for high school football is the pinnacle and the standard for all others to strive for......even in other sports. I've been a rabid fan since attending my first games at a very young age before even the 1st grade......and I'm in my 60's now. I was very athletic in my youth, and still play an amazing game of golf today for my age......and bowling too. I played almost every sport they offered at my high school in the 70's......I believe the Friday Night Lights football atmosphere helped with that......even before I was a high schooler. Now I get to relive my love of the seasons of my life each Friday night in the form of being a rabid fan for Texas high school football......as do millions of others in our great state. Yes.....I said millions. Are there millions in our state that at least follow and support our Texas high school football programs yearly??? I would like to believe there are.....even if they don't attend the games. :
    I can't speak for all of Florida but where my son lives, Lakeland, FL... they have at least 4 public high schools... The one closest to his house is George Jenkins HS and they have approx. 2,600 students.. and are classified as 5A. Their stadium is what I would describe as a small 2A stadium and during ball games, only 20% filled with fans. Chad took me by the stadium during a game, against a cross-town rival and I couldn't believe how few people were there. He said a lot of the high profile athletes in FL go to private schools. They also don't play on Friday nights... That's just WRONG lol......

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

alvarado doesnt "lean" on henderson..our best rb just came back from an injury, in early august, last week and chipped in 94 yards, and when henderson was out against jacksonville our 3rd did well with 124 yards..but what we do lean on, is our OLine..and they have really improved. we would be 5-1 with heritage's schedule..conversly, they would be 4-2, possibly 3-3 with our schedule.. we only lost 3 players from a defense that held them to their season low, by alot, 17 points last year..IMO, watching full game video, their defense was better last year. it will be uphill, but, we have a good chance at the upset tonite.

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 44INAROW View Post
    He said a lot of the high profile athletes in FL go to private schools.
    Yep, the Texas A&M QB, although originally from San Antonio, is from IMG Academy in Bradenton. FL.

This would also be true in Texas if Dan Patrick could just give private school vouchers to everyone, but so far his efforts have fallen flatter than a pancake.

I can guarantee you Mr. Patrick didn't think he'd have this much trouble doing away with the public schools in heavily Republican, staunchily conservative Texas.

Some of the Texas Senators are getting VERY pissed off about the resistance of the rural areas to these vouchers, including one from Dallas I heard recently. I believe his name was Huffines. He even called out the coaches for particular scorn for standing in the way of "choice."

Here he is: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texa...-school-choice