All-American

Default Gilmer at Gladewater

Not much being said about this one at all. I couldn't even find a thread on this one on Smoaky, unless I just missed it. What are the Buckeyes' thoughts on this one? Any concern about this matchup? Any doubt starting to creep in? Hangovers from the PG loss?

I assume Gilmer will put a walloping on the Bears come Friday. I just don't think Gladewater has enough horses to keep up. But, I suppose they could out physical the Buckeyes and hope for a little magic to help pull off what would be a pretty big upset.

Still, I'll take Gilmer by 21+.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Yamboree week in Gilmer.......never good!!!!!
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

This is a rivalry game where anything can happen. Gladewater usually saves their best game for us. The only thing that would surprise me is if Gladewater wins. This game may be tight for a while. It all depends on how well the Buckeyes respond to their first home district loss in 17 years. If the Buckeyes don't suffer any hangover from their loss to PG they should win by plenty..., but who knows how they will respond?
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

I am NEVER confident about the Gladewater game, especially in Gladewater.

All-American

Me either, but we have owned them guys for the better part of 2 decades now. Before that it was the other way around. What is our all time record?
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Me either, but we have owned them guys for the better part of 2 decades now. Before that it was the other way around. What is our all time record?
    Those Bears want nothing more than to beat the Buckeyes. With our defense not being very good we might struggle a little on that side of the ball. It's the other side of the ball where there is a decided advantage for the Buckeyes, barring turnovers, etc.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I am NEVER confident about the Gladewater game, especially in Gladewater.
    While I'm not nearly as confident as I usually am, I still believe Gilmer is a lot better team than Gladewater. The fact that the game is in Gladewater is probably a nonfactor, seeing as the closer games with them are usually in Gilmer or a neutral site. The one exception was when Daylon Mack was a sophomore, and we were behind at the half against them. Every game we've had with them, save a 36-35 OT win against them at home, the neutral playoff game in Longview (41-35 Gilmer), and the aforementioned game have been blowouts, if memory serves.

I'm more worried about our emotional and mental state going into this game than I am about Gladewater being a better team. That, and the weak defense we've had the last several years. If it wasn't for our offense we would be an average team at best. We need a change in defensive schemes, but I don't think the powers that be will let that happen because of past success. Even when we were state champions we had average defenses.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Well I thought AG would have our all time head to head record posted by now. It has my curiosity up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Well I thought AG would have our all time head to head record posted by now. It has my curiosity up!!!!
    I guess I'll have to come up with it seeing as Aesculus gilmus isn't going to. I think Gilmer leads the all-time series 32-25-2. That includes the one playoff game between the two played in 2014. Gladewater hasn't beaten Gilmer since 2001, I think. Gilmer is 22-2 against Gladewater since 1991, and has won the last 13.
    Last edited by waterboy; 10-18-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Our own WOS87 has the score of every game the Buckeyes have ever played from 1914 to 2016 on here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2v...lOMGNjekU/view