Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American

Remember non-football schools count towards the 200 mark

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Remember non-football schools count towards the 200 mark
    I know there are a few non football in the lower classes, are there very many in 3A and above?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by wyliefan View Post
    I know there are a few non football in the lower classes, are there very many in 3A and above?
    Very few in 5A/6A maybe one or two total....

There's at least 2 in 4A and maybe more if I'm leaving out some charter schools

Here is a rough estimate on the schools from last realignment:

2A: 204
    3A: 221
    4A: 189
    5A: 256
    6A: 248

"Conference AAAAAA should consist of a minimum of 220 schools and a maximum of 245 schools
    participating in football; Conferences AA through AAAAA should consist of a number of schools such that the
    enrollment ratio in grades 9-12 between the largest school and the smallest school is approximately 2.0. There
    should be at least 200 schools each in Conferences AA and AAAAA. Conference A shall consist of all schools
    that are not in Conferences AA-AAAAAA."

That was from the UIL last go around. 4A was at 189 unless I am missing something.

All-District

That might have been just football. I thought it was 1991. Did Lufkin Hudson and FW Fine Arts get counted in your number Yoe?

Quote Originally Posted by arges View Post
    That might have been just football. I thought it was 1991. Did Lufkin Hudson and FW Fine Arts get counted in your number Yoe?
    That was the basketball totals, which did include Hudson. Not sure about Fine Arts.

My thoughts are this. I would say most 5A/6A are growing or are either in areas that are adding new schools.

Would it make since to up the basement and the ceiling or do they want 5A to continue and grow? I would not think they would want to pull from 4A since it was smaller to begin with, but does that logistically makes sense. I cannot grasp that by just looking at these numbers.

You could lower the 5A basement and draw more 4A schools.

Say the divisions were split last go around. If it were 1600, you would have had 158 large schools and only 98 small schools...don't think so. At 1700, you would have had 140 large schools and 116 small schools. At 1750, you would have had 126 big schools and 132 small schools.

Junior Varsity

In a perfect world, the UIL would have 192 teams in both 5A and 4A, and have 16 - 6 teams districts in each division. I know this will not happen, but they need to get away from the 4 or 5 team districts. In my opinion, they need to institute a rule that all districts have at least 6 teams.

Based on what I've seen from Carl Padilla, everything will pretty much stay status quo.......everything will go up a touch.

Last realignment, the 5A cut would have been good around 1700-1750. He has it at 1780 for this time. He also has the top 4A number going up about 50 and the bottom going up about 10. That sounds good to me as Cameron is currently at 488 as of today.

All-American

Heard East Bernard may end up in Division I of Class 3A. They have a big freshman class