Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-District

Default Realignment rules

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. The UIL changed the wording on their website (as of October 11) from Classes 5A and 2A must have 200 schools to Class 5A to Class3A must have 200 schools. Looks that Class 4A will grow this year one way or another.

All-American

Will be very interesting to see what the cutoff numbers are for 4A.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by arges View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. The UIL changed the wording on their website (as of October 11) from Classes 5A and 2A must have 200 schools to Class 5A to Class3A must have 200 schools. Looks that Class 4A will grow this year one way or another.
    I still see 2A to 5A. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

All-American

Could we slip under the wire one more time? Curious to see if the:
    1. bribes we pay to the UIL
    2. kids we bus to Cooper that day
    3. kids we tell to stay home that day

works to keep us under the limit (that of course only we have prior knowledge of the cut off number so we'll know how many kids to hide) to stay 4A...

All-District

I've been thinking of 480-1180 for a long time. Could be a little higher on both ends IMHO.

All-District

I posted it wrong. Was 2A to 5A.

All-District

Yoe_09, do u know what are Yoe's numbers this year.

All-State

With all the new 5A/6A sized schools coming on line ive herd that the Top of 4A will be close to 1200. Which will move it up at the bottom as well. If schools like Llano have not grown much, they could be a Big 3A School in the next alignment.

Also 5A will be D1 and D2 split districts like 4A and down.

Going to be interesting.

If the numbers part I heard was right, then AW, LH, and some others will spend a few more years in 4A. LH is sitting at around 1130.

The jump to 5A will be eased for those making it by the split divisions as well.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    With all the new 5A/6A sized schools coming on line ive herd that the Top of 4A will be close to 1200. Which will move it up at the bottom as well. If schools like Llano have not grown much, they could be a Big 3A School in the next alignment.

Also 5A will be D1 and D2 split districts like 4A and down.

Going to be interesting.

If the numbers part I heard was right, then AW, LH, and some others will spend a few more years in 4A. LH is sitting at around 1130.

The jump to 5A will be eased for those making it by the split divisions as well.
    That would be fine with me--there are no small 5A schools anywhere close to us... suspect we would be doing some serious traveling. Besides--beating Brownwood and Stephenville never gets old ...

I posted it wrong. Was 2A to 5A.
    I am still seeing 2A to 5A though on mine when I view it. Were you saying it was 2A to 5A and now 3A to 5A?

Yoe_09, do u know what are Yoe's numbers this year.
    The latest numbers I had (which was a reliable source) was 490. It was been a week or two but that number is not going to change much. It was 479 last go around and that was with around a 14-15 increase. If it goes up that amount again, Cameron will stay down. If it stays there or goes down Cameron will go up.

All-District

I must have hit 3A by mistake instead of 2A to 5A in original post which is what I got from the UIL website. Dang keyboard gremlins (or bad keyboard skills.)

All-American

When was attendance taken?

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    That would be fine with me--there are no small 5A schools anywhere close to us... suspect we would be doing some serious traveling. Besides--beating Brownwood and Stephenville never gets old ...
    Enjoy your trips to Waco and Temple next year.....

All-American

Not me. My youngest graduated last year and I've done the sideline doctor thing at every Wylie game since 2004 (maybe missed 5 games in that entire time). Now that I drive 400+ miles per week for work I won't be going on many long road trips Friday nights. BWD or Ville--no problem, Denison or Argyle or Wimberly or ???--nope. Listening on the radio will have to work.