Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT Question

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Don’t think they had to... if Wylie, Ville and Wood all hold serve on their home field (which is entirely possible) it’s a 3 way tie for district and it comes down to point differential to determine seeding. That point could be the deciding factor.
    Sure hope the visitor side stands are still there for the Wylie game. If not y'all might be a little crowded.
    Ville-D is back...

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ville-D View Post
    Sure hope the visitor side stands are still there for the Wylie game. If not y'all might be a little crowded.
    they can just migrate to the home side - usually plenty of open seats over there...

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    they can just migrate to the home side - usually plenty of open seats over there...

It'll be full for that one.
    Ville-D is back...

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Ville-D View Post
    So you're playing in a stadium with no visitor seating? Nice... guess we'll bring our lawn chairs like back in the day against Clyde or Liberty Hill or Graham.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    yes but now if it came down to that play the other team can claim that it was an illegal play.. and does not count...and would be correct..see how that works.. if they would have followed the rule book this would not be an option
    Actually, error or not--once the game is official even if a mistake was made the points do not come off. They UIL may admit a mistake was made but the outcome does not change. Got that from a long time senior UIL official.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Actually, error or not--once the game is official even if a mistake was made the points do not come off. They UIL may admit a mistake was made but the outcome does not change. Got that from a long time senior UIL official.
    You may be correct in this but if I was a coach of an opposing team I would definitely make it a point of contention if that was the only thing holding me back from a better seed..

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

All-American

Funny thing is that this year in our district the #2 seed may be more desirable... #1 seed will likely draw Argyle in the 3rd round. While I do believe if we are healthy and playing them on a neutral field and both teams had to travel the week before we could certainly give them a much better game than the week 4 debacle... would still be a very tall order to take them down.

Most districts have positive points rules that are dictated by the District Minutes, not the UIL/NCAA rule book. If the losing team refuses to participate , the officials award the winning team 2 points. Your district may have something that says they can kick for a PAT in the situation that has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyhoundDad View Post
    Do y'all mind if I ask another rules question? In high school is it intentional grounding if the quarterback is outside the tackles and throws it out of bounds but not past the line of scrimmage? I have seen this not called twice this year.
    The NCAA rule states that the ball has to go beyond the neutral zone/neutral zone extended and/or near an eligible receiver in order for it not to be intentionally grounding. A lot of referee chapters have a philosophy that if they get it "close" they wont call it. "Close" is a subjective in these cases. It has to be very blatant in order for it to be called.

All-American

Talked to two officiating crews in the DFW area and that crew at the Wylie-Brownwood game got it wrong