Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default District 15-4a D2 2017

Getting closer to football season

Sinton string of 8 straight years of being district champions ended last year as Cuero went unbeaten in district while Wharton, Sweeny and Sinton finished in a 3 way tie with a 3-2 district record for 2nd place. Aransas Pass one district win was against Ingleside. Ingleside went winless in district.

Cuero is the favorites to repeat as district champions with the amount of returners and stack sub varsity team from last season.

Rest of the district teams:
    Sinton - Some impact players return on both sides of the ball
    Sweeny - ?
    Wharton - lost majority of their starters should be able to reload
    Aransas Pass - ?
    Ingleside - Returns just about all their starters on both sides, will this be enough to return the Mustangs as a playoff contender?

Ingleside has to improve. 0-10 last year. Can't get any worse than that. Playoff contender? That would be icing on the cake.

All-American

Doubt Wharton will be able to reload that easy and won't be close to the team they were last year. Tigers still should make the playoff if they stay injury free of skilled-positioned players. Don't know how their JV team did last year

All-American

Hopefully Sinton's O line shows some improvement from last years group. Defensive line lost some really good players also. If they find the linemen they might be pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by sinfan75 View Post
    Hopefully Sinton's O line shows some improvement from last years group. Defensive line lost some really good players also. If they find the linemen they might be pretty damn good.
    Also lost couple starters in secondary to transfers both were sophomores last year, D. Orta he was also backup qb and now in Alice and B. Gonzalez he also was one of the regulars in receiver corp. and now at Victoria West.

Some speed in last year freshmen team and a few should be ready to be impact players in varsity.

Starter

We have Sinton and Sweeny at home this year this should be fun. Have been to 3 years in a row games with my son playing at Sinton, Freshmen and 2 years varsity nice to finish up senior year with them at home.
    I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG69 View Post
    Ingleside has to improve. 0-10 last year. Can't get any worse than that. Playoff contender? That would be icing on the cake.
    Hopefully the saying holds true, nowhere to go but up.

Some folks in Ingleside are already calling for the coach's head after just one year.

Some folks in Ingleside are already calling for the coach's head after just one year.
    This was expected hopefully he's able to get Ingleside back on track with a more experience team. Sinton coach started 1-9 and turn it around next season with a more experience team.

All-American

Those folks need to give Hamrick more time.....he is a good coach in the end you gotta have the kids...I expect them to be much better this year

424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by WOS87 View Post

maybe get a shot for redemption for this loss this season, it was 21-21 in 4th qtr then downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Those folks need to give Hamrick more time.....he is a good coach in the end you gotta have the kids...I expect them to be much better this year
    I agree 100%. He wasn't hired until March. That did not give him much time to install his program. The team was very young. There were 12 seniors. 4 or 5 of those seniors had never played football before. They came out for football just to say they lettered in varsity football. The injury bug struck also. I think the Mustangs will win some games this year and maybe pull off an upset along the way.

I agree 100%. He wasn't hired until March. That did not give him much time to install his program. The team was very young. There were 12 seniors. 4 or 5 of those seniors had never played football before. They came out for football just to say they lettered in varsity football. The injury bug struck also. I think the Mustangs will win some games this year and maybe pull off an upset along the way.
    I'm hoping Mustangs do have a big improvement, know one of the kids , he's a senior this season and this will be his 3rd yr in varsity.

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    I'm hoping Mustangs do have a big improvement, know one of the kids , he's a senior this season and this will be his 3rd yr in varsity.
    We are going to find out very soon.