Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brownwood Lions

22 68.75%
  • Stephenville Yellowjackets

10 31.25%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All-American

Come on Brian—just needling you 🤙. Honestly think this is going to be a great game.

Ville—bye week to prepare and heal.
    Wood—playing at home, maybe mentally/physically exhausted from dropping a triple OT thriller at our house

Bottom line is both teams are big, strong, talented, playing better as the season goes on, know each other inside and out and even though it’s not nearly as intense a rivalry as it was back in the day make no mistake—these are two bitter rivals that do not want to lose to the other.
    Gordon Wood will be packed and rocking Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Come on Brian—just needling you . Honestly think this is going to be a great game.

Ville—bye week to prepare and heal.
    Wood—playing at home, maybe mentally/physically exhausted from dropping a triple OT thriller at our house

Bottom line is both teams are big, strong, talented, playing better as the season goes on, know each other inside and out and even though it’s not nearly as intense a rivalry as it was back in the day make no mistake—these are two bitter rivals that do not want to lose to the other.
    Gordon Wood will be packed and rocking Friday night.
    Yeah if I didn't have hockey tickets that night.... I would for sure be a guest at the Wood.. Oh to all you Stephenville fans. Brownwood has a new scoreboard and that makes for a very long and annoying beginning of the game.. You'll see what I mean. It's very nice but they go way over the top with it.. but I get it..

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I think Wood takes it... don’t know very much about Ville this year but Wood showed me a lot of talent and heart last night. If they can clean up some mistakes and cut down on the penalties they are going to be a tough out in the playoffs. I may skip the trip to Big Spring and catch this one.
    I don't blame you on that. That construction on I-20 between Trent and Sweetwater is a real pain!

You guys should have 40 on them just warming up before kickoff.
    http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5730&dateline=1504932  518

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    Yeah if I didn't have hockey tickets that night.... I would for sure be a guest at the Wood.. Oh to all you Stephenville fans. Brownwood has a new scoreboard and that makes for a very long and annoying beginning of the game.. You'll see what I mean. It's very nice but they go way over the top with it.. but I get it..

Do they still blast welcome to the jungle so loud the speakers crack or have they come up with something original?

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Do they still blast welcome to the jungle so loud the speakers crack or have they come up with something original?
    Before the team comes out of those gates.... they play a long video that's way over the top and all it did was tick off our team.. it's reminiscent of what they play at the Texas Rangers ballpark before they take the field.. I understand why... but by the end of the video all you heard was our stands booing...lol the new video scoreboard is very nice I must say...

Go Steers!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by GetRDoneStangs View Post
    I don't blame you on that. That construction on I-20 between Trent and Sweetwater is a real pain!

You guys should have 40 on them just warming up before kickoff.
    Not expecting much of a game honestly but I’ve been wrong before... we just came off a triple OT gut check win over BWD and had a bunch of starters gutting it up and playing way less than 100%. Suspect many will sit for the Big Spring game to heal. I do feel if we can just get reasonably healthy the team that dominated Lubbock Monterey will be back in time for the big showdown at ‘Ville.
    The road construction between Trent and Sweatwater is a real pain... I drive to Big Spring every week for work. Can’t wait for it to be DONE.

All-District

Hard pick here, BUT Brownwoods defense is pretty physical and plays hard. Can the Ville RB hold up to that? If not I can see Brownwood laying a beat down on the Ville. If he holds up to some hard hitting and isn't contained I can see the Ville laying a beat down on Brownwood. Brownwood has a kid I think is Beast's son and he is FAST as well and will make you pay if you miss him. A lot of factors I guess so I'm saying hell with it and taking Brownwood by 14.

All-American

BWD’s defense was nonexistent at the start of the season but has steadily improved by leaps and bounds... the offense has been there all along. If they can clean up the mistakes and dumb penalties they seriously could be a top 10 quality team by season’ end. They will make some noise come playoff time I suspect.

BWD by 6 over Ville.

Quote Originally Posted by bearbear78 View Post
    Hard pick here, BUT Brownwoods defense is pretty physical and plays hard. Can the Ville RB hold up to that? If not I can see Brownwood laying a beat down on the Ville. If he holds up to some hard hitting and isn't contained I can see the Ville laying a beat down on Brownwood. Brownwood has a kid I think is Beast's son and he is FAST as well and will make you pay if you miss him. A lot of factors I guess so I'm saying hell with it and taking Brownwood by 14.
    Thanks for the kind words about my son. This game will be intense for sure.

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
    Thanks for the kind words about my son. This game will be intense for sure.

BEAST
    So... are Purple People allowed at the game? 😇 I promise to behave and not yell (too much).

Junior Varsity

I'm going with the Jackets in this one.... just my opinion. Haha

Blog Entries

Looking at the votes of this game, only 15 posters voted. Has this rivalry game lost its luster? With the most state championships between the two schools combined at the 4A level, I think it's either envy or just HS football ignorance!
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Blog Entries

Bwood has much untapped potential. 1) The wood running back (Jefferson) tops the list. This kid reminded me of Dobbins from La Grange and is underutilized way too much. Give this kid the rock and watch what happens. I mentioned it when LH played them, that had he touched the ball more often, we might not have won that game. 2) Defense - if improved, as noted by many, suggests that the lions can make the stops when needed, and then outscore opponents on offense. Lions take this one by 2 scores.
    You Talking to Me?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    Looking at the votes of this game, only 15 posters voted. Has this rivalry game lost its luster? With the most state championships between the two schools combined at the 4A level, I think it's either envy or just HS football ignorance!

I don't think it's lost its luster. I'd still love to go see this game if I were not in town for Celina's Homecoming this week. I think the problem is that there are no more Rockets around on this board to really stir things up. And the rest of us have mellowed out as the years have gone by.
    Texas Forever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    I don't think it's lost its luster. I'd still love to go see this game if I were not in town for Celina's Homecoming this week. I think the problem is that there are no more Rockets around on this board to really stir things up. And the rest of us have mellowed out as the years have gone by.
    who needs a Rocket when you have a Jacketswarm, course neither lasted long in the sunlight and both found their rock quickly...
    You Talking to Me?