Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sideline to Sideline 4A Week 4 Show

All-American

I got a shoutout!!!! I've made it!!! (and yes, you both were a little talky lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    I got a shoutout!!!! I've made it!!! (and yes, you both were a little talky lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    Of course LOL

How is a talk show not supposed to be a bit talky LOL
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

Pretty good show, fellas.

But Terry's hate for Celina was in full force. You were talking out of your @$$ a bit with regards to the loss to Argyle. But that happens if all you've got to go off of is a boxscore. I do hope the rest of the state references Celina's loss to LC/Gilmer's win over LC as proof that the Bobcats aren't ready to compete for a title yet.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Pretty good show, fellas.

But Terry's hate for Celina was in full force. You were talking out of your @$$ a bit with regards to the loss to Argyle. But that happens if all you've got to go off of is a boxscore. I do hope the rest of the state references Celina's loss to LC/Gilmer's win over LC as proof that the Bobcats aren't ready to compete for a title yet.
    How was I talking out my arse...Grant said he liked that Celina ran the ball..I wondered WHEN in the game the yards happened.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Based on the "Teams mentioned" blurb...looks like I don't need to bother to listen

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    How was I talking out my arse...Grant said he liked that Celina ran the ball..I wondered WHEN in the game the yards happened.

Yes, you wondered when the rushing yards came, and that's fine, but before that, you spoke confidently that this was a complete beatdown of a game ... as if you were there and saw it. If you had seen it, or had looked into the game a little more, I think the commentary would have been a little different. It was anything but a complete beatdown. Look, I know you guys do a ton of games across the ENTIRE STATE, and it's awesome, we all love it and appreciate it and you guys really are, by and large, good at what you do. You can't take an in-depth look into every single game every single week across multiple divisions AND have lives outside of all this ... there's just not enough manpower between the two of you, so I'm aware that I'm splitting hairs here a bit. But if you're going to spotlight a particular game in your review/preview, have more than a boxscore. Hell, for 4A stuff, you can get plenty of good commentary from both sides on this board.

Now, look, I don't want to give you too hard of a time, because a) it's not a big deal AT ALL. Like I said, I'm being super pretentious and splitting minute hairs here. And b) I don't want it to sound like I don't love listening to ya'll's shows every single week. They are something I really do look forward to. I listen to all of them, 5A/4A/3A, and thoroughly enjoy them. And I'm grateful for what you guys do. I just wanted to provide a bit of criticism. Forgive me for not being very good at it at all.

To answer the question you posed to Grant, Ross's rushing yards - and Celina's team rushing yards for that matter - were split pretty evenly from first half to second half. Argyle never took their starters out at all. Even the Eagles would tell you they had a hard time stopping Ross when he carried the ball. He's a fairly elusive runner.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Yes, you wondered when the rushing yards came, and that's fine, but before that, you spoke confidently that this was a complete beatdown of a game ... as if you were there and saw it. If you had seen it, or had looked into the game a little more, I think the commentary would have been a little different. It was anything but a complete beatdown. Look, I know you guys do a ton of games across the ENTIRE STATE, and it's awesome, we all love it and appreciate it and you guys really are, by and large, good at what you do. You can't take an in-depth look into every single game every single week across multiple divisions AND have lives outside of all this ... there's just not enough manpower between the two of you, so I'm aware that I'm splitting hairs here a bit. But if you're going to spotlight a particular game in your review/preview, have more than a boxscore. Hell, for 4A stuff, you can get plenty of good commentary from both sides on this board.

Now, look, I don't want to give you too hard of a time, because a) it's not a big deal AT ALL. Like I said, I'm being super pretentious and splitting minute hairs here. And b) I don't want it to sound like I don't love listening to ya'll's shows every single week. They are something I really do look forward to. I listen to all of them, 5A/4A/3A, and thoroughly enjoy them. And I'm grateful for what you guys do. I just wanted to provide a bit of criticism. Forgive me for not being very good at it at all.

To answer the question you posed to Grant, Ross's rushing yards - and Celina's team rushing yards for that matter - were split pretty evenly from first half to second half. Argyle never took their starters out at all. Even the Eagles would tell you they had a hard time stopping Ross when he carried the ball. He's a fairly elusive runner.
    I actually rarely rely on just a boxscore..neither does Grant...yes we have stats so we can reference them and use them in the context of the talk. We rely on video, coaches and first person accounts of what they saw if we are not at the game. It is why we record on Tuesday...gives us a few days to talk to the eyes at the games we were not at.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    I actually rarely rely on just a boxscore..neither does Grant...yes we have stats so we can reference them and use them in the context of the talk. We rely on video, coaches and first person accounts of what they saw if we are not at the game. It is why we record on Tuesday...gives us a few days to talk to the eyes at the games we were not at.

Fair enough. Sorry I wrongly assumed otherwise. Keep up the good work, guys!
    Texas Forever.

Junior Varsity

While we're on this subject, I would like to chime in on what I saw in the Argyle/Celina game. And also let it be know I'm a huge Argyle fan. However, as bad as I hate to say this, Argyle gave up too many rushing yards. They had no answer to the HUGE O-Line of Celina or stopping the run. But I bet they get that fixed before Abilene Wylie game. Argyle D-line and AW O-line will match up well against each other, and Argyle D will step up huge Friday night.

All-District

Well we only had Geronimo mentioned by name but Kudos for finally saying it right!

Quote Originally Posted by bag-o-chips View Post
    Well we only had Geronimo mentioned by name but Kudos for finally saying it right!
    It is a long-running joke on how we said it because of me dealing with an AD office and that was how the secretary said it and it always made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by bag-o-chips View Post
    HA! We will be down for that Navarro/Wimbo game, it will be all Geronimo-Wimberley talk that week!!!!