Default Brownwood @ Alvarado

Well, what’s been established for us is that our offense is stellar. Our D, needs some work. Not the players necessarily, but the scheme. I believe that’s being handled. Not sure what’s going on with Alvarado right now. But, if nothing else, this game will be enertaining for sure. Of course I’ve got The Wood. What say Alvarado peeps.

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!

A loss to a really good 5A team, that won't lose this season until they meet up with Aledo for the DC, lost in overtime to a good Decatur team, whose offense is as potent as anyone's..and a much improved D. and dug ourselves a 20-0 1st qtr hole against a team, you can't do that against..and they are the best wildcat team I've seen in recent years. Bottom line, we are young, but growth has been steady.

All-American
    Blog Entries

No doubt the Indians are spitting the bit against some very tough predistrict teams this season. Some years these same teams may not be as tough. Alvarado's best hope is to keep playing tough defense and try to limit the possessions of the Lions. Limiting possessions with long drives to burn clock against quick-strike and power offenses is the best way to keep these kinds of games close going into the 4th quarter. I think we will see a high-powered Brownwood offense against a very good Alvarado defense in this one. I expect the scoring to be much lower than most Brownwood fans probably think. The real question is how many points will the Indians be able to score against a suspect Lions defense, Huh??? A turnover turned into points here, and 3 and outs there could make a huge difference in the outcome of this one. I have no idea how it will turn out......but I'm certain there will be some hard-hitting on the field Friday night. Both teams will be playing their hearts out to win this one after tough losses in predistrict.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

I'll take Brownwood in this one. Alvarado has taken some lumps early on this season, but that's going to harden these young players, so long as it doesn't break their spirit, and they'll be putting together some nice wins come district time. Unfortunately, I think they've got to take one more lump before getting in the W column. I like the Lions by 14.
    Texas Forever.

Wood 8
    Alvarado 0

7:31 left in the first.

Wood 14
    Alvarado 0

2:32 left in 1st

Wood 21
    Alvarado 0

7:22 left in the second.

Wood 21
    Alvarado 7

:55 left in the first

End of 3rd. Still 21-7 Brownwood.

Brownwood out coaching us, and out playing us right now. Frustrating play calling to me, attempting passes way too much

Wood 21
    Alvarado 7

Final

Good luck to the Lions, and your son Beast! My son was #50 on offense..he played well, despite the loss. Scratching my head about our play calling, we'll right the ship before district

Thanks. My son was #8. Didn’t get his name called much tonight. Never really thought our O was clicking like in previous weeks. But, it was good to see our D playing better. Best of luck to you guys moving forward.

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!