Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Practice Squad

Default Monahans at Andrews

Monahans got hammered by Wall but beat Canyon and Big Spring handily. Andrews has scored 183 points in their 1st 3 games. Who you got?

All-American

Andrews by 21.

This is the kind of game that the Loboes seem to thrive in.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Practice Squad

Monahans probably sticks around for a half. 42-27 Andrews

All-American

Monahans by 7 in the upset...

Loboes by a touchdown.

I heard the Monahans QB has been out along with several others. Any truth to that and will he be back for this game?

FWIW preps lists Andrews as a 17 point favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater Red View Post
    I heard the Monahans QB has been out along with several others. Any truth to that and will he be back for this game?

FWIW preps lists Andrews as a 17 point favorite.
    I think your source regarding Lobo injuries must have been referring to Week 1 when our QB and 3 other starters didn't suit up because of injuries. Everyone was back by Week 2 and will be playing this week. Not making any excuses for Week 1, because Wall would still have beaten us convincingly if all of our starters had been available. Wall is for real.

Andrews certainly deserves to be favored, but don't count the Loboes out. Last year, Andrews was favored by 20 something. They scored a touchdown in the final minute to win by 3. Conditions are right for an upset.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Halup View Post
    I think your source regarding Lobo injuries must have been referring to Week 1 when our QB and 3 other starters didn't suit up because of injuries. Everyone was back by Week 2 and will be playing this week. Not making any excuses for Week 1, because Wall would still have beaten us convincingly if all of our starters had been available. Wall is for real.

Andrews certainly deserves to be favored, but don't count the Loboes out. Last year, Andrews was favored by 20 something. They scored a touchdown in the final minute to win by 3. Conditions are right for an upset.

Wall should almost certainly be playing for the 3A Div. I title game come December. Only challenge I could see keeping them from Arlington would be a matchup with Brock for the Region I championship game in the fourth round.
    Texas Forever.

Practice Squad

these two teams are in the same district for 50+ years. It's good to keep this rivalry going. Been some really good football games over the years. Both communities really enjoy competing against each other.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Andrews by 14.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

28-14 Monahans at the half and it's not really even that close. Andrews can't stop Monahans offense

Practice Squad

29-28 Andrews 3rd quarter

This game quickly turned around after Monahans punted the ball on their first possession of the second half into their own guys head for about a 25 yard loss

Practice Squad

Great high school football game!