Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    All-American

Yeeouch.

Practice Squad

Wow-didn't see that one coming

Geez.....

All-American

I was messaging with an Argyle poster yesterday, and I told him that this game would be completely lopsided from the opening kickoff. Wylie was just too banged up coming into this game to have a shot. The Bulldogs are still a solid team, but, like I've said on multiple occasions, this Argyle team is just on a different level this year. This game would've been closer if Wylie had been at full strength, but the Eagles probably still would've won by four scores.

The good news for Wylie is they won't face another team as good as Argyle ... until they potentially meet again in the Region I playoffs.
    Texas Forever.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I flipped a coin; it came up AW.
    Dang it, I knew I should've used my Canadian quarter instead of that Peso for the flip.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Argyle dominated this game from start to finish. Looks like the Eagles basically shut down Wylie's running game early in the first half and forced them to go to the air. Wylie's backup qb did throw for about 153 yds. but he threw alot of passes in this game......a couple were also intercepted. Wylie's lone score on their first possession of the 2nd half was a long TD pass by O'Connor. I thought he had a good arm and threw the ball pretty well......just too many Eagles on him and chasing him all night. Argyle's rb Williams got another 100 yds. for the 4th game in a row, and was pulled early in the 3rd qtr. so backup rb Noah Lang(transfer from Wylie) could carry the rock. He did a great job in the backup role and scored the last TD of the night on an impressive run. He's a very impressive runningback and would start for most teams. What can you say about Jon Copeland......he's by far the best qb Argyle's ever had.......no contest........and I've seen them all. Wylie did get after him in the 3rd with all-out blitzing on every down, but he still managed to complete the passes, move the chains, and hit another 70 yard scoring strike......this ball was thrown into a stiff breeze at least 50 yds in the air right on target......but not on a line.....he zipped it out there with plenty of air underneath it.......it was just beautiful to see. All in all......I don't know who there is on Argyle's schedule that can stop this offense. Maybe Decatur can launch some bombs and score on Argyle......but I doubt that they can stop the Eagles offense. There was even a 100 yd kickoff return by Cale Nanny called back tonight......the holding call was flagged on the other side of the field. Lots of flags flew out of those refs pockets when the score got so lopsided and didn't get any closer......I think 105 yds in penalties against Argyle tonite. That's more yardage than Wylie gained on the ground. I wanted to see how Argyle would do against Wylie this week after giving up so many yds. on the ground last week against Celina. They got a gold star for improvement.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Junior Varsity

I've been saying for the last few weeks how good this Argyle team is. Just something about them is different than I'm use to seeing from Argyle. Regal, I couldn't agree more about Copeland. That young man is very talented and by far the best QB to ever put on a Argyle jersey. There have been some great teams come out of Argyle. The 2013 State Championship team, 2014 State finalist, and the 2015 State finalist. But I honestly believe this team has the ability as well as the playmakers to be the best Argyle team ever. I know that's an old statement, but just sit back and enjoy the ride Eagles Fans, this season is going to be special........

Junior Varsity

And just think how much better this team will get when One of the top receivers in Estrada comes back from his injury. And one of Argyles top defensive backs in Zack Pelton returns. Two huge pieces to Argyles football team.

All-American

Wow. I thought all the talk about this being the best Argyle team ever was hyperbole... it's not.
    Attention Carthage: your challenger is announced.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Wow. I thought all the talk about this being the best Argyle team ever was hyperbole... it's not.
    There are three teams that are on a collision path-Argyle, LaVega and Carthage. Can't wait.

All-American

Not sure what to think about my beloved Bulldogs. Got absolutely destroyed by Argyle last night. I knew we were down some compared to last year's state championship qualifier squad but dang, 56-7? Don't remember a Wylie team ever getting beat that bad.
    It will be hard to move on and focus on the next game. Good news is we just finished the toughest stretch of the season playing Lubbock Monterey, Denison and Argyle. Half of the offense is out injured and traveled 880 miles in the last 2 weeks. Play Brownfield on the road next week then have a bye week to heal and prepare for the district opener against Brownwood at home.
    Thoughts?

Junior Varsity

I think you guys will be ok once you get healthy.

Blog Entries

Not sure what to think about my beloved Bulldogs. Got absolutely destroyed by Argyle last night. I knew we were down some compared to last year's state championship qualifier squad but dang, 56-7? Don't remember a Wylie team ever getting beat that bad.
    It will be hard to move on and focus on the next game. Good news is we just finished the toughest stretch of the season playing Lubbock Monterey, Denison and Argyle. Half of the offense is out injured and traveled 880 miles in the last 2 weeks. Play Brownfield on the road next week then have a bye week to heal and prepare for the district opener against Brownwood at home.
    Thoughts?
    Must be tough to absorb slingshot. I don't remember an AW team that has faced this much adversity. Serious question... what do you think the cause is for so many injuries? Just an observation from the last few years, it seems as though there have been several AW players on the injured reserve list. Thoughts?
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American

Bad luck. Almost all our injuries are knees. Last year's team was good... and also lucky. Very few injuries. This year the injury bug reminds me of 2012.

All-District

If the Dawgs make it to Jerry's house they will be ready for who ever they meet. I will take my Dawgs in a state championship game, I have five good reasons for believing in them.
    There is still a whole lot of football to be played, but I do see a storm brewing in the East.
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.