Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Argyle v Celina

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Argyle freshmen and JV's both lost yesterday. I think we're in for a battle.
    When did that happen last, huh? Has it happened in the past 10 yrs??? Maybe Celina is getting ready to bust out up there in North Texas.....there's alot of population moving into that area. Prosper is building one of those stadiums like Allen has. I just don't believe little ol' Celina will be able to stay in D2 too much longer.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Argyle by 17 per preps

All-American
    Blog Entries

In for a battle......that's exactly the kind of game the Eagles need right now after their start on the season. We have Wylie coming in next Friday in our home opener......so some hard hitting football is definitely on the agenda. I'm quite certain both Argyle and Celina will give it all they have tonight......there's alot of pride at stake here. Last time we played there we lost......I don't think Coach Rodgers enjoyed the short trip back to Argyle.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Argyle 3 and out. Celina drives 70 yards for first score. Missed PAT Celina 6-0

Argyle scores on next play after kickoff They lead now Argyle 7 Celina 6

Argyle goes deep for another score. They now lead 14-6

Argyle 21 Celina 6. Interception took back to the 10 QB runs it in from there. 3 minutes left in 1st We fumble, they got. Wheels coming off

Argyle 28 Celina 14 Kickoff ran back for a TD by Major Martin. Go for 2 and get it.

Argyle scores Now leads 42-20 Halftime

All-American

Argyle is very, very good. Scary speed and athleticism. Celina has absolutely killed themselves several times, too. The game has been way harder-fought than the score shows.

But folks, in case you didn't know, or hadn't heard ... Argyle is every bit as good as people have said. No. 1 team in the state in 4A, in my opinion. And yes, C&C, before you start playing meteorologist on us, I've seen Carthage, and I know they're good. But Argyle is most athletic group Celina has faced since 2014 Gilmer.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Argyle is very, very good. Scary speed and athleticism. Celina has absolutely killed themselves several times, too. The game has been way harder-fought than the score shows.

But folks, in case you didn't know, or hadn't heard ... Argyle is every bit as good as people have said. No. 1 team in the state in 4A, in my opinion. And yes, C&C, before you start playing meteorologist on us, I've seen Carthage, and I know they're good. But Argyle is most athletic group Celina has faced since 2014 Gilmer.
    I hope the Dawgs get to meet them in December. You have seen the Dawgs this year, but you have not seen the playoff Dawgs. You will not see them until week 11. To add to that, they will be better in week 12 than 11, better in week 13 than 12 and you get what I am saying.
    Only team I have ever watch that gets better every week in the playoffs. They have been doing it since coach S got there. Most teams are as good as they are going to get by week 8 or 9, not the Dawgs.
    I hope the Dawgs get to play Argyle, sounds like it will be one for the ages. Scary thing is the Dawgs are starting five and sometimes six sophomores.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    I hope the Dawgs get to meet them in December. You have seen the Dawgs this year, but you have not seen the playoff Dawgs. You will not see them until week 11. To add to that, they will be better in week 12 than 11, better in week 13 than 12 and you get what I am saying.
    Only team I have ever watch that gets better every week in the playoffs. They have been doing it since coach S got there. Most teams are as good as they are going to get by week 8 or 9, not the Dawgs.
    I hope the Dawgs get to play Argyle, sounds like it will be one for the ages. Scary thing is the Dawgs are starting five and sometimes six sophomores.

Well, you're right, C&C, Carthage gets better each week, as they should. But, I hate to break it to you, Argyle does too. And they're already clicking on just about every cylinder. They're far from playing perfectly, but, their ceiling is scary high, and they've got the talent, discipline and coaching to reach their fullest potential. I've said this already, but I'll say it again, Argyle is the best team Celina will play all year long.

At any rate, Argyle vs Carthage for the Div. I title would be a whale of a matchup. It would be ne of the more hyped state games, in all likelihood, in recent memory.
    Texas Forever.

Argyle 49 Celina 28 Still playing

All-American

Argyle 49
    Celina 34
    FINAL

Argyle is legit. Celina played very tough. Both teams brought the freaking wood tonight. There was some pad-popping going on, for sure. Great game, Argyle. I know they won't be satisfied in the slightest with this win. Eagles will be playing deep into December.

The Bobcats will be fine. We knew these first three games were going to be a tall task for a young team that has talent, but is still searching for its identity. These first weeks have served to toughen us up and show us our weaknesses. The next few weeks will give us the opportunity to get some things sorted out, and get a rhythm and identity established.

I don't believe in moral victories, but I feel very good about this Celina team after tonight's game. Proud of these Bobcats!
    Texas Forever.