Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
I don't think anyone at this point is questioning the offensive firepower of Argyle. The fact that Celina.....who happens to be very big upfront offensively.....gained so much yardage on the ground against the Argyle defense is cause for some concern. Granted.....Celina is a very good team and does play that pound-it power football as good as anyone.....they've been doing it since Gordon Wood days. I think this game more than anything sent a message to other teams in D-2 that Celina will be a serious contender this season. It appears they have many pieces to go very deep in the playoffs.....even without a prolific passing game. I think Celina has always been better as a running team.....pounding the ball and keeping possession on long drives to wear out the other team's defense. This is their strong suit.....they do it better than just about anybody else when they have the size up front like they do this season. A good qb with legs and speed, a good rb, and then a few receivers to keep the defense honest is the right recipe for wins for Celina....IMHO. They played Argyle tough and never quit. It was a game both teams needed to play at this juncture of the season.

Good post, regal. I suspect both these teams will be playing post-Thanksgiving.