Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Argyle v Celina

All-District

Default Argyle v Celina

I really figured this would be a hot topic this week. Argyle's good but they can't be so good that the mighty Bobcats don't want a little banter and repartee.

All-American

Was it last year or the year before the Celina stung them a little by surprise. If that was last year that payback may be ugly. Argyle has started fast and furious. They may be playing the best ball in 4A right now. The game next week against Wylie could be a very interesting matchup. We should know more after both of their games this week.
    Last edited by lostaussie; 09-13-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Was it last year or the year before the Celina stung them a little by surprise. If that was last year that payback may be ugly. Argyle has started fast and furious. They may be playing the best ball in 4A right now. The game next week against Wylie could be a very interesting matchup. We should know more after both of their games this week.
    It was the 2015 when Celina won, Argyle took their pound of flesh from the Bobcats last year. I suspect that this weeks game will be closer than most think.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
    It was the 2015 when Celina won, Argyle took their pound of flesh from the Bobcats last year. I suspect that this weeks game will be closer than most think.
    Have to agree with you. Argyle's coach is not happy that the Bobcats lost to Liberty. He knows that's going to light a fire under the coach and the team. Let's hope the Eagles don't get complacent and think all they have to do is show up to get one in the win column or start thinking ahead to Wylie. Not to mention the game is in Celina. I think it's going to be a tough game that won't be decided until the 4th quarter.

All-American

I hope the Bobcats give them a handful......but like I said, Argyle has busted out the gate like Secretariat. Was LaGrange really that bad or were they just not prepared?
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Junior Varsity

This game will not even be close. Celina will score points in second half after the starters are out. Argyle only allowed 40 yards rushing on 38 carries last week. Defense is solid all around and offense has too many weapons.

All-American

I'm afraid Argyle will do whatever they want... Argyle by 35.

To put it like Phil C... scary times indeed!

Starter

Argyle scores early and often . Shuts down Celina offense and rushing attack game is pretty much over by half. Nothing against my Bobcats but this is just the reality!

All-American

Argyle is the real deal this year. If I had to pick right now, I'd have them winning state over Carthage come December. As far as this game, Celina will play hard, they will play physical, and I think our defense will have some success against Argyle's rushing attack early on. Unfortunately, the Eagles just have too many weapons all over the field. With Copeland slinging the rock around to so many very good receivers, it's just going to be a tall task for the Bobcats defense to hold Argyle down for four quarters. How close this game is depends on how healthy Celina is. If our RB and TE are back, we should have a little more success moving the ball this week. But at the end of the day, I just don't think my Bobcats are ready to slay a giant like the 2017 Argyle Eagles.

That said, I know the kids have been working very hard, and the coaches too. The loss last week left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, and it served as a wake up call. We learned more in that loss than we would have in a win. I hope these boys come out Friday and prove me wrong and make me choke down a bunch of crow. I'll be cheering on the orange and white no matter what. And I do believe this game will make us a load better later on down the road - so long as we come out of it healthy.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Also, not that it matters, but I'll say it anyway ... for those of you reading/posting on Smoaky, don't fall for the narrative that Liberty Christian could have beaten Celina 28-0, or that Princeton somehow should've beaten us by 20 points. Both comments are laughable. Celina's defense did a very good job against the Warriors, and the Bobcats were never not in control against Princeton.

There's a certain poster over on Smoaky who has been driving me nuts, and I'm about to put him on blast. He used to be a Celina supporter ... maybe still is? Also supports a new school, and is well on his way to crawling up Argyle's @$$. He still posts over here from time to time but under a different name. Anyway, I'm just tired of his dogging on Celina, so, to you, cool it, man.
    Texas Forever.

All-American
    Blog Entries

This is a rivalry game that has some history......and it's in Celina. The history in football has never been good.....one team usually whups the other one pretty good. Then there's all the other sports too. Bottom line is it's a football game with two pretty darn good football teams goin' at it, and anything can happen. I know Coach Rodgers is all over this one......this is always a big game for both schools. Both schools have a healthy respect for each other.....enough to really want to win this one moreso than other predistrict games. At one time we were in the same district in football, but no longer. The record is 5-4 in Argyle's favor in 15 seasons.......we did not play each other some of those years. There is only one other team Argyle has played 9 times in football.....Sanger. Against Sanger, Argyle is 9-0.....Gainesville 7-0.....Paris 6-0.....Decatur 4-1.....Graham 5-0. Looks like our next biggest rival is Wylie at 4-2.....and last season's predistrict game was cancelled due to lightning. We do have an all time record with Bridgeport and Prosper at 4-2. At one time these teams seemed to be like a rival......but Celina has most definitely become our "natural" rival thru the years. As you can see, Argyle has played Celina and Sanger the most of any other teams in our 14 yrs. There are lots of them we have played 5 times, but they kept changing our district, and then Argyle began playing a tougher predistrict schedule about 10 yrs ago and was always scheduling some new teams to play. So this week is considered a big game for Argyle because Celina is our closest rival......now you know the history and why.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Junior Varsity

Good stuff regaleagle......

All-American
    Blog Entries

So will there be any place to sit on the Argyle side......or will it be standing room only again??? Otherwise known as fencewatching or sidelining, LOL. Then there's the always popular endzoning views.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Practice Squad

Argyle freshmen and JV's both lost yesterday. I think we're in for a battle.