All-American

Default Houston Texans at Cincinnati Bengals 7:30 p.m. Thursday on NBC

Can the Texans bounce back with a win and will the the QB?

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

1 touchdown between these two last week....

snooze....

All-American

Fun anecdote:

With Brian Cushing likely out with a concussion, an undrafted first-year FA named Dylan Cole will start at linebacker for Houston. When I was still a sportswriter, I had the great pleasure of covering this young man during his senior season (2011) at Logan-Rogersville (Springfield area), where he led the team as a stud running back and strong safety. He took the Wildcats all the way to the Class 3 state title game in St. Louis, where he outdueled Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliot, who was a junior RB for John Burroughs at the time. Cole and the Wildcats won by a TD after forcing and recovering an Elliot fumble at the 2-yard line with just seconds left in the game on what would've been a game-tying score.

Cole was an unranked athlete coming out of HS, and he became a standout All-everything at Missouri State University. He was widely overlooked in last April's draft, so much so that he went undrafted. The Texans took a chance, and Cole forced their hand, performing so well during camp and preseason games that Houston had no choice but to keep him on the 53-man roster.

He is one of the kindest, most well-mannered athletes I ever had the pleasure of covering. But he's also one of the hardest-working individuals I've ever been around, too. There's not a person who knows Dylan that is surprised by his success, and, at the same time, they're all, obviously, over-the-moon thrilled for him.

I'll be cheering him on like crazy tomorrow night and for the rest of what I hope is a long, successful career!
    Texas Forever.

Time for Cushing to hit the road. Sounds like his replacement is already here

2 juggernauts going at it last night....

I'll take the 12 fantasy points the Texans D got me....