Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Default Argyle(4-0) @ Paris(3-1)

Paris did beat a couple of 5A teams in predistrict, but dropped one to Pleasant Grove. I believe PG has a very good defense this season, and some offense to go with it. Regardless, I really don't see this scheduling to continue with Paris......they have never won a single game against Argyle in maybe 7 tries?? I doubt they will be able to pull the upset this week either. Sooner or later, a coaching staff decides to schedule somebody else in predistrict if their team hasn't beaten you at least once in so many years. This could be the last time we play this team in predistrict.....just guessing.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Argyle.....big. Real big
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

Celina scrimmaged Paris earlier this year and 'won' the live portion, 2-0, if I remember correctly. Paris has some speed and some pretty dang good athletes, including their QB. He probably has enough to cause some problems for the Eagles on a couple plays, and he may even break a long TD run at some point. But Argyle wins this one by four or five scores. The Wildcats aren't a bad team by any means, but they're not ready for what they'll face on Friday night.
    Texas Forever.

Argyle is looking like a full blown juggernaut. I dont expect anyone to stay within 21 until at least the quarterfinals

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Argyle is looking like a full blown juggernaut. I dont expect anyone to stay within 21 until at least the quarterfinals
    They are the real deal this year. There are certainly some other contenders.......but Argyle/Carthage would be absolutely off the chain. Long way to go though.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    They are the real deal this year. There are certainly some other contenders.......but Argyle/Carthage would be absolutely off the chain. Long way to go though.
    Not so fast there......I've been doing some homework. Turns out our predistrict opposition doesn't exactly have a stellar record so far. Argyle's opponents records so far this season are a dismal 4-11. At least Paris has 3 good wins so far. Lovejoy has not won a game yet.....neither has La Grange. Both Celina and Wylie are 2-2 at this juncture. If Argyle beats Paris this Friday......the record of its opponents should still improve slightly......depending on what the rest of them do this week also. I'm fairly certain Paris is a good football team......like Celina and Wylie were. I hear they have a pretty good qb that has some speed and moves. He'll probably break one to the house on the Eagles D......we'll see what happens. Apparently they have a good rb with speed also......they usually do. Might be a better game than most think. We'll see how the Eagles do against this speed on Defense.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 09-26-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I kinda figure that Celina will win and so will Abilene Wylie. Not so sure about La Grange and Lovejoy. I'm thinking it could turn out to be about 9-15.....slightly over .500 for our predistrict opponents' records. In Argyle's district this season there are some decent teams. Gainesville is actually winning again, and I look for Sanger to compete for a playoff spot with a winning record. Wichita Falls Hirschi is probably the biggest surprise......they are very athletic and also winning. Decatur should be Argyle's biggest competition, but they lost their good qb to an injury last week......and we don't know if he will be back in 3 weeks when they play us. Burkburnett is probably the weakest team in our district this season. Here's the way I see it.......Argyle, Decatur, Hirschi, and Sanger or Gainesville for the 4th spot. Perhaps Hirschi could end up above Decatur if Hicks doesn't come back for Decatur.

This one could get ugly quick. If that same Argyle team that I saw last Friday shows up, they are about as unstoppable as I have seen.....

Junior Varsity

I'm with you on this Gsquared. I've watched this Argyle team from both scrimmages and all four pre district games and they keep getting better and better. This team has not reached its max potential yet.

All-American
    Blog Entries

They look mighty good so far......I think Celina was really better than most people are giving them credit for this season. Wylie had some injuries to key starters like their starting qb and fullback.....and some O-line guys.......so you gotta think they are better than they showed. Regardless, from what I'm seeing so far this Eagles team seems to be improving each week in just about every area. Not sure how good some of the top teams compare......like La Vega, Carthage, Van, and a few others statewide. Looks like Argyle is definitely the favorite in Region I this season.....unless I'm missing something.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    They look mighty good so far......I think Celina was really better than most people are giving them credit for this season. Wylie had some injuries to key starters like their starting qb and fullback.....and some O-line guys.......so you gotta think they are better than they showed. Regardless, from what I'm seeing so far this Eagles team seems to be improving each week in just about every area. Not sure how good some of the top teams compare......like La Vega, Carthage, Van, and a few others statewide. Looks like Argyle is definitely the favorite in Region I this season.....unless I'm missing something.

From what I've seen so far, La Vega and Carthage would/will be a dogfight. And then, whoever wins that would have a dogfight the following week with Argyle for the title. As of right now, Argyle would beat Van by three TDs, and the Vandals are very good.
    Texas Forever.

Starter

Not trying to spit in anyone's eye as I am a strong believer in Argyle , but I keep seeing Kennedale each week winning so that might be Argyle's first real test when they meet up.

All-District

If your wondering if there are other teams that can play with Argyle, I can name 3 in East Texas that can play with them. Carthage Dawgs, Kilgore Dogs, and Gilmer Buckeyes. I have not seen Pleasant Grove play, but I hear they have a Liberty Hill of old type team that runs the ball and a good defense.
    I hope for an Argyle and Carthage match up. I have always been an Argyle fan unless they play a team from the East.
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

Junior Varsity

I can see Kennedale making a run. The only problem with the wildcats is they are one dementional. If they would throw the ball some they would be very dangerous. Always been a fan Of Kennedale unless we're playing them. We will see just how good they are when they meet WOS.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    If your wondering if there are other teams that can play with Argyle, I can name 3 in East Texas that can play with them. Carthage Dawgs, Kilgore Dogs, and Gilmer Buckeyes. I have not seen Pleasant Grove play, but I hear they have a Liberty Hill of old type team that runs the ball and a good defense.
    I hope for an Argyle and Carthage match up. I have always been an Argyle fan unless they play a team from the East.
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.
    Carthage ,probably. The rest probably not.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.